[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]
Chapter 58 - Brutogyu Hades Deltirad
Brutogyu Hades Deltirad was born as the fifth prince, the fifth son of the former king. He was hot-tempered and judged as unsuitable for royalty, so the king kept him away from politics during his upbringing. During this time, Brutogyu devoted himself to honing his skills.
At the age of seventeen, he killed his parents, the king and queen, and seized the throne. He then turned his siblings into enemies, which made the kingdom fall into a state of internal strife. It was here that Brutogyu's talent blossomed. Overwhelming strength. He defeated his rival brothers, sisters, and all others, executing them with his own power to claim the throne.
After unifying the country, he directed his might towards neighboring countries. Even in foreign wars, he emerged victorious, and the territorial expansion of the Deltirard Kingdom continued. Before anyone realized it, the kingdom had become overwhelmingly powerful. Even without Brutogyu taking the field himself, his subordinates kept winning, and his territory expanded even if he's just sitting still.
At this result, he became convinced. In this world, power was everything, and he possessed that power. He believed he had the qualification as the king to control everything on this continent, becoming the chosen one to bear the destiny.
***
I have wanted to meet him for so long. The one I longed to meet, who I couldn't bear not to meet, was now right in front of me.
"As expected, you're here. Even at this point, are you still acting like a king?"
"I am the king. The one who is worthy of ruling this continent, I am the true king."
"Oh, it seems like the tea will boil even without using my [Gift]."
This worthless guy, with only a foolish sense of pride, chose to show his face to our people. There's no place for him but here, and it's a jackpot.
"Hey, you know, you're going to get killed by some useless, weak [Boiling] gift-wielding hero who's eager to discard you. How does that make you feel?"
"I won't die. I will kill you and all those who dare to defy me."
"...Do you see the situation?"
No matter how strong you are, you are powerless against numbers unless you are an extraordinary monster. I learned this fact the hard way. I refused to believe Brutogyu had the kind of overwhelmingly powerful force to overturn the current situation.
"Well, whatever. It's meaningless to keep talking. I'm itching to kill you."
I drew the Swordbreaker from my right hip with my left arm, which was adorned with a gauntlet. In the next moment, I kicked the ground strongly, flying over all three steps and landing in front of the throne.
"You look down on me - how rude."
Crack!!
...He's fast. Brutogyu picked up the large sword by the throne and blocked my attack. His reaction was faster than my swing.
"Those who stand before me shall bow down equally."
Brutogyu stood up while we're still in a stalemate. He's big. And he's not even putting much strength into it. I was already trembling with both arms, while he's casually using just one hand.
"Go back to the entrance and re-enter with some courtesy."
With a leisurely swing, my body was sent flying back to the entrance of the audience hall. It's extraordinary for someone to easily toss a person with just one arm.
"Kyrie!"
Oops. Before I get thrown out of the hall, Gilius-san, who jumped in, caught me. The knights of the Third Order and the members of the Resistance who didn't go are also here. This guy was big like a wall too.
"Looks like you're safe. ...Seriously, you're so reckless."
"Thanks, I'm fine."
Brutogyu, holding the large sword, descended the steps and walked towards us on the carpet. Gilius-san drew the sword on his back, and I stood next to him, ready for battle.
"Don't rush in alone, I've told you that many times."
"Sorry... I thought maybe I could do it alone, but he's really strong..."
"Yeah, he's strong. More than me, for sure. But with this many people, we won't lose."
Around us, there are nearly fifty troops deployed. No matter how strong Brutogyu was, he shouldn't be able to defeat both me and Gilius-san alone.
"...Foolish. I shall now retaliate against all of you. After that, I will cut down all the fools who dare to oppose me."
"Aren't you an idiot? You're already finished. Save your nonsense after you die."
Gilius-san and I exchange nods, and we simultaneously dashed towards Brutogyu. I approached from the left, and Gilius-san from the right. We curved around and closed in on Brutogyu, attacking from both sides.
"Ngh!!"
This guy aimed for Gilius-san. It seemed he didn't consider me, the failed hero, a threat. He caught Gilius-san's large sword swung from above with both hands. His back was wide open; I send magic directly to his heart—
"Gah...!"
A back kick. His sharp kick struck my abdomen. I heard a crack inside my body, and blood spilled from my mouth, and my body was sent flying with tremendous force, crashing into a thick pillar.
"Cough...! Damn it, you bastard!"
It hurt like hell, but I was not incapacitated. I quickly landed and dashed toward the damn bastard again. I guessed I got away with this much damage thanks to the chainmail I wore under my clothes.
The knights followed us and were about to charge. While Gilius-san was engaged in a sword fight with the tyrant, the knights charged in with their swords aimed at him.
"Clever...!"
With casual sword strikes while engaged in combat with Gilius-san, the knights' heads kept flying off one after another. However, Gilius-san didn't let his subordinates die in vain.
"Renki - Adamantine Strength!"
Wrapping his arm with Renki, Gilius-san increased his strength and speed, reducing the time he needed to intercept the tyrant. In the midst of this, I also returned to the fight. This time, I must be careful not to get kicked again.
He's not looking at me, but he avoided my attacks accurately. He dodged the Swordbreaker's counter-attack as well. But by avoiding me, that meant he's focusing his attention on me. With Gilius-san's fierce attacks and my own, we have created enough time and opportunities.
"Now!"
Following Gilius-san's signal, the two of us leap back and fly high. We jump over the knights surrounding Brutogyu, who charge at Brutogyu from all directions. Passing beneath us, they all thrust their swords at once.
"Filthy flies!!"
In a sidelong sweep, three knights get bisected. However, that wouldn't stop them all.
Thud, thud-thud-thud!!
"My... Ouch...!"
In the back, in the side... The knight swords pierce through the gaps in the tyrants armor in large numbers.
"Ugh... Nuaaahhh!!"
"Enough! Get back!"
Gilius-san had a bad feeling, and though he already issued an order, the counterattack came faster than expected. Screaming as Brutogyu was impaled by swords, he swing his sword while spinning. All the attacking knights get their heads cut off in that one swing.
"...Damn it! But the enemy is heavily injured. Your sacrifices won't be in vain!"
"We'll end it with this!"
Brutogyu is already worn out. Gilius-san and I landed, and then closed the distance in an instant, readying our final attack.
"Give me your life!"
"Die, you bastard!"
Gilius-san's sword severed Brutogyu's left arm. My fingertips touched his right arm, and the [Boiling] magic power flowed into it. His right wrist burst, and his sword and hand fell to the floor together.
(We won!)
Gilius-san took a further step forward, preparing to cleave Brutogyu's torso. The [Boiling] also spread throughout his body.
Yes! Yes, we did it, everyone!
We avenged them--
Zurru!! Dogo!!
"...Huh?"
I couldn't comprehend what just happened. To tell it as it is, Brutogyu's left arm, which had been severed, a new arm grew from the cut, and the new arm punched Gilius-san's face.
Crack!!
"Gahhh!!"
In shock, I stopped moving for a moment. Seizing the opportunity, the tyrant kicked me again in the abdomen. Rolling together with Gilius-san, we somehow managed to get up, using our swords as crutches.
"...Harming my body is worthy of death."
Picking up the dropped large sword, he cut off his own right arm, from which the [Boiling] magic power is emanating. Immediately, a new right arm grows, and the old right arm dissolves into boiling liquid, turning into bones. Looking closely, all the wounds from the knights' attacks have healed.
"...Hey, Gilius-san. What was that? Is Brutogyu a monster not just on the inside?"
"I-I don't know... I've never seen anything like this...!"
"...Fine, I'll tell you."
Huh? He's going to tell us? I'm grateful since this is totally new information to me.
"Paladis's secret treasure, the Gift Sphere, where the gifts of past heroes are sealed. I received one of them from the Oracle Judas."
Gift Sphere...!? I've never heard of something like that before.
"The gift contained in me is [Healing]. Understand? I am immortal, hence invincible."
***Read at novelworldtranslations.blogspot.com***
***Please check out ko-fi.com/kettle1!***
***In there you can support the translation and you can also get to read advance chapters!***
[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

Yeah, it was never going to be that easy. That said, even if Brutogyu wins this encounter the attack on the government is probably enough to destabilize the kingdom.
ReplyDeleteI don't really expect him to die in this fight though.