The Tale of the Teapot Hero’s Revenge Chapter 57 - Audience with the Tyrant



[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

 

Chapter 57 - Audience with the Tyrant

 

Everyone left, and only Strah, Mel, and I remained in the tool shop. I was really anxious. There's no guarantee that Kyrie would come back alive, and I couldn't do anything until it's all over. I could only wait for her return in this place, but I managed not to cry out of loneliness. It maybe thanks to the two of them being with me.

After a while, Joanna came back, accompanied by a double of the princess dressed in her gown.

"This girl is the real Belle-chan."

I was taken aback; she looked so much like the princess. I almost thought it was the real person who came back.

"Huh, are you saying the princess had a twin!?"

"Don't be ridiculous. She's a double, so she has to look exactly like her."

The word "twin" made me flinch a little. Stay calm, stay calm.

"In that case, I'm heading to the castle. I have to support them in various ways. I don't want Beato-chan's beloved person to die, you know?"

"!!!"

"Hahaha, just kidding. Don't get so angry."

Please don't joke about that; Kyrie-san can't die!

...No, I must stay calm.

"By the way, it's quite surprising. Kyrie-chan, I can understand, but Beato-chan not wanting to acknowledge..."

Oh, it seemed like she misunderstood the part where I got angry. Misunderstood, Joanna left.

"...Um, I am-"

"You're Belle-chan, right? I've heard the story. Well, have a seat."

"Okay, thank you."

This person didn't seem to smile at all, but she was a little different from Kyrie.

"I'm Strah. This is Mel, and this cutie here is Beato. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you, too! Um, Strah-nee-san, with that introduction, it sounds like I'm not cute..."

"No, no, I think Mel is cute too, but she's not as cute as Beato."

"You're telling it straight!! That's not helpful at all!!"

Both of them were enjoying their conversation, and I couldn't help but smile.

"..."

But Belle-san didn't say anything. Unlike me, she could speak, yet she doesn't.

"Belle-chan, you really look just like the princess. Even though we just met, it doesn't feel like our first meeting."

"Thanks."

"Oh, would you like some tea? The tea leaves are cheap, but I'm confident in making it delicious."

"No need to bother..."

Even when Strah spoke to her, her reaction remained weak. Maybe she's been acting as Princess Pernelle for so long that she lost sight of her true self. I could somehow understand that feeling.

"!!!"

"Hey, what's wrong?"

I went in front of Belle-san and struck a cheer pose in front of her chest. It's an enthusiastic encouragement and support.

"!!!"

"What's...?"

I might have troubled her. Just because Kyrie-san could understand my actions, it didn't mean everyone can. It's a little embarrassing.

"Beato-onee-san, don't mind it. I think your feelings were conveyed."

"..."

I hoped so, but even now, she still looked at me strangely.

"Beato can't talk. But she wanted to encourage Belle-chan because she's not feeling well, right?"

"!!!"

I nodded. That's a relief; it seemed like Strah understood.

"I mean, you don't have to worry about me. Despite my appearance, I'm just a mere slave..."

"No, don't be like that! Don't talk about yourself that way! Let's talk about something fun! How about love stories?"

"!!!"

Love stories? Leave it to me!

"Oh, Beato-onee-san seems full of enthusiasm."

"No need."

Why not? Let me speak. I might need around fifty sheepskins for this.

"But, Belle-chan, your face seems a little red. Is something going on?"

"Oh, no, it's nothing, really..."

"Be honest now, come on."

Strah seemed so lively when it came to this topic. Belle's face was truly blushing. Ah, for just a moment, she seemed to smile.

...But even as we try to distract ourselves, my mind was still filled with thoughts of Kyrie-san. Please, come back safely.

 

***

 

Our attack force, having broken through the dance hall, split up and ran all over the palace, capturing the princes and princesses one by one and bringing them back to our base. Since we already took care of the ones with power at the dance hall, they offer little resistance.

"Let go! Let go!"

I wrapped the 17th princess up and handed her over to a member of the Resistance.

"Let go, I said! Do you know who I am? You insolent fool! Bow down, you insolent peasants!"

Oh, right, she's ten years old. This overly arrogant kid, struggling while being carried on my shoulder, seemed to lack discipline.

"Insolent fools! You're leeching off me! Let go, let go!"

Her repertoire of insults is a bit lacking. She must not be very bright which was kind of pitiful. I wondered what would happen to them after this rebellion ends. It might be too late to discipline them properly.

(Maybe they'll get executed... Well, I don't care. Trash like them can go wherever.)

The princes and princesses were all captured now. The queens were in the northern harem, and some members of the Resistance were heading that way. There were many people there who were forcibly made wives from various countries.

Barbario was sent to the main base under Gilius-san's orders. The official reason was to strengthen the defense, but the real reason was that he's too stupid and would get in the way. Besides, who knew what would happen if he witnessed his father being brutally murdered right in front of him. Now, about Brutogyu...

"Hey, Gilius-san. Have you found Brutogyu yet?"

"No, we haven't. We already checked his room and the prince's rooms, but he wasn't anywhere to be found."

So, maybe...

"He escaped?"

"That's not possible. We confirmed that he was in his room before the rebellion. We also blocked all the escape routes with us and Balge. It's unlikely that there's an undiscovered way out, and all the princes and princesses were present. It's difficult to imagine."

"But he's not in the residential area. Then, where...?"

As I was pondering, I realized.

"Could it be...?"

The place where the king – no, the bastard who thinks he's the king – would show himself. The reason might be completely irrational, but if there's a place filled with his pride, it must be there. I remembered the location quite well. I ran towards that room.

"Hey, wait! Don't rush ahead alone!"

Gilius-san followed me, calling the knights to gather. Sorry, I couldn't help but be full of killing intent until the very end. I couldn't bear it any longer. Finally, I could kill him, right?

I ran through the residential area towards the center of the palace. This was a corridor I've been to before, so I recognized it. I ran and ran on the luxurious red carpet until I stopped in front of a grand, splendid double doors.

"I'm sure he's in there."

I pushed open the doors with both hands. They made a heavy sound as they opened. A high ceiling, thick columns on both sides, and a red carpet leading to the throne. This is the Audience Room that I haven't visited since that day. I took one step at a time towards the throne. The spacious room was illuminated by three large chandeliers. With each step I take, a dark joy fills my heart.

Right now, the bastard is sitting on that throne in the Audience Room. I could finally kill that trash who sits arrogantly and had the audacity to place a huge sword next to the throne. I stopped in front of the throne, a few steps below the three-tiered staircase, and stared at him. He stared back at me from above.

"Hey, Brutogyu. I've been longing to see you so much."

"You're standing. Lower your head, insolent one.".

 

***Read at novelworldtranslations.blogspot.com***

***Please check out ko-fi.com/kettle1!***

***In there you can support the translation and you can also get to read advance chapters!***


[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

Comments

Post a Comment