[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]
Chapter 56 - Dance Hall, Seizure
Coda was dead, and the three idiots had fainted. The Golem had completely stopped functioning. The battle at the dance hall is a victory for our rebellion.
"We did it...! Well done, Hero!"
"Yes, there's still something you need to do. If you can crush the rocks, then do it."
"...You're still so prickly."
Ilyria reached out for a highfive, but I didn't feel like being friendly with her. I just brushed her off and headed towards the rocks blocking the entrance. Right now, I was more concerned about the Golem. I approached the remains and looked into the bisected section.
"This thing is really just a puppet."
It's filled with mechanisms and stuff I didn't understand at all. I had no clue how it works.
"Renki - Rock Severing Edge!"
Due to the loud sound, I turned around to see that the rocks have been pulverized by Ilyria's technique. She's more reliable than I thought.
"...I'm done."
She seemed to have exhausted her Renki and collapsed on the spot. Maybe she's not that dependable after all...
With the rock shattered, the Knights and the Resistance members that were locked out come pouring in. Leading the charge was the vice captain, the old knight.
Thank goodness, he seemed to be safe. I heard the situation from Elijah, who was near the entrance, and I started giving him various instructions.
And then I took a break. I left the aftermath to the Knights and drunk a recovery potion to heal my wounds. It's a highgrade potion made by crushing and melting healing magic stones. We could only prepare a few bottles for the main team.
After I finished drinking a bottle, Gilius-san came rushing into the hall. After surveying the situation inside, he spotted me and ran over.
"Kyrie, are you injured?"
"No, I'm fine. It's just a scratch."
"That's good to hear. By the way, where's Ilyria? Did she... get defeated?"
"If you're looking for me, I'm right here..."
A voice on the verge of death could be heard from the ground. I lowered my gaze, and a female knight was crawling on the floor like a zombie.
"...Looks like she's safe."
"I'm not safe at all..."
"Yes, both of us are safe. But everyone else who came with us got beaten..."
"I see... That's too bad, but I'm glad you two made it out alive."
Casualties were unavoidable, but perhaps the sacrifices were necessary this time. I wondered. There's no point in thinking about it now. More importantly, there's something else bothering me.
"Gilius-san, is it okay for you to come here? What about the training grounds?"
"The First Order Royal Knights has been completely wiped out by us. Right now, the Second Order Royal Knights are securing our headquarters. It's safe."
"Th-That's good... Princess..."
Ilyria seemed greatly relieved. She's still on the floor, but she looked relieved.
"...Ilyria, you should return to the headquarters. Don't try to fight the Brutogyu in your current condition."
"But... I can't leave... I want to fight with everyone..."
"You probably used an incomplete secret technique. Decreased Qi is like lack of mana and can't be recovered with recovery potions or healing magic. With your current Renki depleted, you'd just be a burden."
"Ugh!... Yes, I understand..."
She looked quite frustrated. It seemed like she wanted to say something but held it back somehow.
"Don't get too down. You did well. I'm proud to have you as my disciple."
"Gilius-dono..."
"Rest assured and take a break. Leave the rest to me."
"Yes... Thank you."
After Gilius-san patted her head and encouraged her, Ilyria was carried back to the headquarters by a female knight.
Now, in the middle of the hall, the three fainted trash were tied up together. It would be complicated if we tortured and killed them with Barbario around. Explaining everything would also be troublesome, so let's leave it for now.
"Hey, wake up, trash!"
I slapped Kamil's face, who was rolling his eyes back.
...Of course, I made sure not to spin his head all the way around.
"Igya, igya, igyaa!"
"Bachiin, bachiin!"
"I'm getting up! I'm already awake!"
"Sorry, I didn't notice."
Well, that's a lie. I should stop here with the backhanded slaps. Gilius-san might get mad.
"Hey, Kamil. It's been a while, three days, right?"
"Gilius, why are you here...? That's right, where's my brother?"
"There's a dead body over there. The Dance Hall has been breached, and the First Order Royal Knight's attack failed. It's a complete defeat."
"Shut up, shut up, shut up! My brother is amazing, his plan is perfect!"
"No, even before this plan. If you had a decent brain, you should've worked hard to avoid starting such a hopeless battle. Coda that pretends to be a strategist is just annoying."
Oh, veins were popping out of his forehead rapidly. With teary eyes and twitching eyebrows, he's quite furious.
"Ki...ku... your...!"
"Kyrie, that's enough. You've vented your anger."
"Understood, good night."
"Huh?"
Dobooh!
Gabooh!
I gave him a strong punch to the stomach and put him to sleep. I wonder if Gilius-san woke up Kamil just out of frustration? Or perhaps to bring him back to reality, trapped in Coda's illusions? Maybe I was overthinking, yeah.
Now, in addition to capturing the three princes, all the magician soldiers have been captured too. The only remaining problem was...
"It seems like the difficult talk is over!"
This concerned how to deal with this muscleheaded idiot.
"Alright, Kirio!! Let's fight, just like you promised!"
"Um, could we postpone that a bit? Also, I'm Kyrie, not Kirio. Forget about Kirio."
"Why, Kirio!! Are you saying that fighting with me can wait? Don't tell me there's a more interesting fight somewhere else?!"
I told you it was Kyrie. Geez, this guy only cared about fighting. Dealing with him was exhausting.
"Yeah, that's right. I'm going to fight your father, the King. So, if you understand, let me go first—"
"A fight with Father!! Sounds fun, count me in!!"
"Uh, um..."
What should I do about this guy? He's just a hindrance, I need to figure out a way to leave him behind...
***
Humans without magic have 'Renki' in its place. When it was used up, the person would show similar symptoms as running out of magic—like the body not moving as desired. Their own body would become heavy like lead.
Unable to move at all, I was carried by one of the knights and returned to Pernelle-sama's base.
"Ilyria, good job."
Recovery also required time just like magic. So, it's best to lie down and stay still for now. But, um...
"Um... Princess, this is a bit too disrespectful..."
Why am I being treated with a lap pillow by the Princess! What a lucky position!
"It's fine. It's my way of expressing my utmost gratitude to you, who fought with your life on the line."
"But, well..."
"Just accept it quietly. Or is there something unsatisfactory with my lap?"
"Absolutely not!!"
Is this heaven? Resting my head on the Princess's lap like this...
"However, Princess, I couldn't fulfill the promise we made. I'm sorry..."
"Promise, you say...?"
"Princess, you only need to sit, and I'll take care of everything else. That's what we agreed upon, but look at this situation now."
"Ah, yes. I remember now, such a thing happened."
...Right now, I felt a slight sense of discomfort from the Princess. It's as if she's hearing this promise for the first time, or something like that. But, it's probably just my imagination. I had a narrow perspective and a stubborn mind; I couldn't possibly understand other people's feelings. I shouldn't try to guess the Princess's feelings. It's impossible for me.
***Read at novelworldtranslations.blogspot.com***
***Please check out ko-fi.com/kettle1!***
***In there you can support the translation and you can also get to read advance chapters!***
[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

There's no way this goes smoothly.
ReplyDeleteI caught up...
ReplyDelete