[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]
Chapter 55 - The strategist drowning in blood
"Nuuh!"
The Magic Golem swung his large sword with one hand while letting out a low groan. He never spoke human words, which I thought was strange, but I never expected he wasn't human.
"So, you killed your subordinates and made identical Golems in their place? What's the purpose of that!?"
"The answer is simple—Renki! The best way to utilize the concentrated life energy of Renki, which is a mass of life energy, on a non-living Magic Golem, is to incorporate the soul of a Renki user!"
Yes, thank you for the despicable answer.
"Hahahaha! Hero Kyrie, I have already investigated the terrifying power of your [Gift]! In terms of dealing with living beings, your abilities are unbeatable. But! The Magic Golem with no life in it is your natural enemy!"
As frustrating as it was, that's exactly right. My one-hit kill [Boil] wouldn't work, and so all I can use was brute force. But my attacks aimed at his neck were deflected, and I couldn't destroy him with my own power. Though, Ilyria said something about being able to crush rocks, so maybe, just maybe...
"Ilyria! How much longer until you can move!?"
"S-Sorry... just a little longer..."
How long is 'a little longer'?
"You have healing potions, don't you?! Can't you use them!?"
"It's just that my Qi is insufficient... It's not due to injuries, so the healing potion won't work..."
Damn it, she could only rely on natural recovery. I hope she'd make it before the rocks fall. If not, it's game over.
"Hurry as fast as you can!"
As long as he's here, I couldn't stop the magicians on the second floor, but I couldn't defeat him alone in time. But if Ilyria joins the fight, we might be able to handle the situation somehow. I didn't really feel good about relying on her, though.
"Nun!"
While continuing to dodge the Magic Golem's fierce attacks, I found an opening after his three-attack combo and dove in. I thrust my sword into the gap in its helmet with all my might.
"Take that! Break already!!"
"Nuugh!"
I tried to twist the sword around, but unfortunately, it had no effect. On the contrary, I was a bit slow to escape from the enemy's extended arm and end up caught.
"Nuuugh!"
His large hand firmly grasped me and he then exerted considerable force.
"Ugaaahhhh!"
My bones creaked, and blood spurted from my mouth. Damn it, I was fed up with the pain. I was then thrown to the ground and my whole body was smashed.
"Cough, cough..."
The giant sword was raised to deliver the final blow. He intended to cut me in half.
"Hero-dono!"
Dogoooon!!
With a forceful blow, the stone floor was reduced to rubble. But my body remained unscathed, as Ilyria rushed in and picked me up just before impact. She carried me while sliding on the ground and came to a stop.
"This time, I made it in time!"
"...Yeah, thanks, but..."
Why are you looking so smug? It's irritating. After she put me down, Ilyria was full of enthusiasm, brandishing her knight sword against the Magic Golem. But seriously...
"Let's defeat this guy together!"
"...Are you an idiot?"
"What's that supposed to mean?!"
"Hurry upstairs and take care of those damn bastards. I'll handle this guy."
Look at the situation properly, will you? I wanted you to help with the guys on the second floor. But it seemed like Ilyria didn't get that, as she's all fired up to fight the Golem.
"If... if you put it that way, it does seem the right course of action... Ah, that's why I'm always told I have a narrow perspective..."
"Oooh, you think I'd allow that?"
...I suppose so. I didn't expect the second floor's trash to do nothing.
"The incantation is already complete, you know."
With a snap of his fingers, another fire tornado erupted. The route to the second floor was now sealed.
"Haha! Unfortunately, it's already too late! Even if you defeat Zekyu now, you won't be able to cross this wall of flames!"
I see. They were talking as if there was hope, but from the beginning, all escape routes were blocked.
"So, then... what options do we have left?"
"Ilyria, what about that secret technique from earlier?"
"...I can't use it anymore."
"Which means, there are no options left for us."
"Th-that's...!"
"So, in that case, you'll have to deal with that puppet on your own."
"He-hero-dono!? But where exactly—-"
Pushing the task of dealing with the rampaging Magic Golem onto Ilyria, I sprinted in a straight line towards the scattered corpses. Honestly, I didn't want to resort to such an unpleasant strategy.
"Hahahaha! Coda-niisama, you're amazing as always! You know, I just love the moment when someone who fell into your trap becomes utterly hopeless!"
"Kamil, you didn't reveal the details of this plan to anyone else, right?"
"Of course not! I swore I wouldn't tell anyone anymore! Right, Carca-nii, and Riatt-nii, you didn't tell anyone either, right?"
The sixth prince is Carca, and the ninth prince is Riatt, right? They both have idiotic expressions, just like Kamil. Before the attack, I asked the leaders for their names, but now I didn't really care.
"Oh, we promised not to tell anyone outside of our grou. Rest assured!"
"That's right! My victory is now certain! Kukuku, Kuhahahahahahaha!"
I threw a corpse at Coda's grinning face to shut him up. A couple of teeth flew out. Poor guy.
"What the, what hit me!? What just—Ah, hiii!?"
He screamed pathetically. Well, I couldn't help it. That corpse, what was his name? Til, was it? The medium-sized one. I boiled only the blood remaining in his body, and then I controlled it using Homing Hot Water. Even the upper part of the fiery tornado above, which I couldn't reach with a jump, could be penetrated using this method.
"What's wrong? Laugh victoriously again."
"Gyahii! That hurts! Stop!"
After hitting Coda several times, I extracted all the boiling blood from Til's wounds. Til's corpse turned pale and fell with a thud. The blood, frothy and dark red, formed a ball and floated in front of Coda. I could use the water from my leather pouch, but I wanted to conserve it for Brutogyu's fight. This should finish Coda off.
"Hi, hiiii!!"
The terrified guy's face was swallowed by the boiling blood. I suffocated him by boiling the blood inside him until his entire head was submerged.
"...Bugo... Gogoooooo..."
"Hey, you magicians. If you don't want your master to die, undo the magic right now."
Well, it's over now. This pathetic trio wouldn't be able to turn the situation around.
"Y-You guys! You must not undo the magic!"
...Huh? Wasn't that Kamil? That idiot was raising his voice and giving orders to the magicians.
"Even if Nii-sama gets... gets killed, you must never undo the magic! We are currently cornering the hero!"
Oh, he's more impressive than I thought. But it seemed he doesn't understand the situation. In any case, Coda was already useless. I could simply send boiling blood into his ears and directly boil his brain.
"Gobo... Goboooooo...!"
"Ugh, uaaahhhhhh! Nii-samaaa!"
After he fell and struggled with his legs, he started convulsing but then stopped moving.
That's what you get, you bastard. Now, let's see how the boiling blood works on Kamil... But if the magicians resist even with that, it could be troublesome.
Dogooon!!
What was that? The door leading to the back on the second floor opened widely. Or rather, it was blown open.
"Coda-nii! Let me join in this time!! Oh, is Coda-nii not here!?"
Oh, it's that familiar guy. The one with so much muscle even in his head. He brought about thirty soldiers with him.
"Wow! Barbario-nii!? Why is he...! Didn't you promise not to tell outsiders?"
"W-Well, I didn't tell outsiders, but I thought it would be okay to tell him, Nii..."
"What the hell, Carca-nii!"
Kamil is shouting pitifully.
...That's right, this was a chance. If I can make him go wild, I can easily turn this situation around.
"Hey, Barbario! Can you do me a favor?"
"What? Who are you!"
I called out to him, but it seemed he didn't recognize me. Well, that's expected. Last time, I was dressed as a man.
"I'm Hero Kyrie! The Kirio who fought you last time, that's me!"
"...Kirio, oh! I remember you! But he was a man, right!?"
"I just dressed like a man! Anyway, you want to fight me again, don't you?"
"Oh, I really want to!"
"So if you defeat all those magicians over there, we can fight later."
"Is that okay? Whatever, let's go!"
Wow, he's so stupid and easy to handle. With the soldiers he brought, he started kicking the magician troops. Naturally, their incantations stopped, and both the fiery tornado and the large rock on the ceiling disappeared.
"Uwaaaaa! Stop! Nii-sama's, Nii-sama's plan...!"
"You've done well. Good job."
"...Huh?"
I rushed up to Kamil's face all of a sudden. With my fist clenched tight...
Crack!!
"Gyaaahh!!"
I punched his face with all my might. Two or three teeth fly out, poor guy. He's slammed against the wall and fainted.
"...Now then, who's next?"
I glared at the two idiotic princes, and they both collapsed on the ground. These guys were so similar in both stupidity and pitifulness.
"For now, one hit each, I guess."
"Hiiii! Please, forgive us! Stop, gyaahhh!"
"Carca-nii! Please, I'll give you as much money as you want!"
I delivered a punch to each of their faces. The two idiots were sleeping soundly side by side. Meanwhile, the magicians were mostly incapacitated due to Barbario's rampage. Now, how's the Golem doing...?
"Hero-dono, if you're done, please come back!"
He's still in battle with Ilyria. Why was she making pitiful sounds?
"Hey, can't you at least say you're more than enough to handle this situation alone?"
"I want to say that, but I can't land any attacks!"
"Hmm, so if you could hit him, you'd win?"
"I can win, so hurry!"
"Alright, alright, I got it. I'm going now!"
I jumped down from the second floor and charged at the Golem. I quickly jumped and kicked both of his legs sideways. Unlike earlier, it didn't get blown away, but it staggered.
"Now's your chance, finish it!"
"Yes!"
Using the momentum from the kick, I jumped away and landed smoothly. While the enemy was unsteady, Ilyria wraps his sword in Renki and enhanced its sharpness.
"Renki - Sharp Cutting Blade!"
Swoooosh!
With a powerful downward strike, the Golem's body was split in half from side to side. Yeah, she's strong if her attack hits.
***Read at novelworldtranslations.blogspot.com***
***Please check out ko-fi.com/kettle1!***
***In there you can support the translation and you can also get to read advance chapters!***
[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

You ever feel like being able to boil water and control its movement is maybe a bit overpowered?
ReplyDeleteNice to see the dumb prince from earlier isn't really a bad guy. Not everyone can be a monster!