[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]
Chapter 59 Tyrant's Power
"Gift Sphere...? Gilius-san, have you heard of it?"
"It's the first time I've heard of it. Paladis holds many secrets. It's not surprising to encounter anything unexpected..."
A treasure that allowed the user to utilize the gifts of heroes just by possessing it? To think that such a thing was given to someone like Brutogyu, it made me wonder what the Oracle was thinking.
While the members of the Resistance flee, the brave knights continue to charge fearlessly against the immortality of Brutogyu.
"These pests are gathering and getting on my nerves!"
With a shout, the large sword was swung, and five heads were severed.
"Stop, change of plan! Everyone, fall back!"
Before more sacrifices were made, Gilius-san issued instructions to his subordinates. At the same time, he rushed towards Brutogyu.
"His [Gift] is ill-suited for a strategy that relies on numbers! It's pointless to continue like this! Until we find the weakness of his [Gift], all of you, step back!"
Certainly, if we didn't do something about that infinite recovery, there's no way we could defeat him. No matter how many times we surround him and stab him with our swords, it's meaningless if it doesn't deliver a fatal blow.
Together with Gilius-san, I dashed forward. Touching the water bag hanging from my waist, I infused all of its contents with magic power and let it float in the air.
"Renki: Moon Shadow Feet!"
As the knights begin to retreat, Gilius-san takes Brutogyu's place in front of him. Activating the Adamantine Strength simultaneously, he slashed with Renki covering his arms and legs.
"No more sacrifices, Brutogyu!"
"You are impudent... Gilius, do you know who I am?"
The duel between the two begins. Gilius-san with his Renki, and Brutogyu without using Renki. Despite that, their sword speed and footwork are on par. To be honest, it's hard to see it clearly.
"...I have to provide support."
There's no time to be surprised. I converted the heated water into twenty-five water spheres--the maximum number I could control at this moment.
"Go!"
I sent all the heated water spheres flying towards Brutogyu. If he's focused on the duel, they should all hit. Or so I thought, but...
"Too foolish...!"
He swiftly avoided all the heated water coming at him while continuing his high-speed sword strikes. Where was this guy even looking? It didn't help as support at all.
"...However."
If he's just evading once, it won't stop.
***
The heated water Kyrie fired comes rushing from the left. I expected that this would create an opportunity for a slight opening.
"Too foolish...!"
My upward swing, downward swing, and horizontal sweep were avoided without looking, what a monstrous being.
"Know that there is no way to defeat me in this world."
"Unfortunately, I'm not quite that understanding!"
My thrust, horizontal sweep, and left upward swing were all dealt with, and he followed up with a top-down strike. I supported the large sword with both hands to block it, but my arm went numb. Even with Adamantine Strength's enhancement of my strength, this was the best I can do. However, my sword was not repelled.
"And, I have you marked for death...!"
"Oh... In that case, go ahead and show me your futile struggles."
Whether it's futile or not, I would put it to the test. No matter how fast your regeneration is, I'll see if you can survive having your head cut off. However, the problem lies in how to cut off that head. Will there be an opportunity to do so with this guy?
(Hmm...?!)
In the midst of parrying the consecutive attacks of the tyrant, I caught a glimpse of something strange at the corner of my eye. The hot water spheres that were supposed to have been avoided gathered into one mass behind Brutogyu, out of his line of sight.
I see. Kyrie's magic didn't miss after all. Then what I should do now is to divert his attention.
"Here I go, Brutogyu! Renki: Indestructible Body and Spirit !"
I enveloped my whole body in Renki, increasing all my abilities to more than ten times, my ultimate move and my greatest technique. It only lasts about five minutes, but now is the time to use it. I launched a fierce attack, fixing the enemy's attention on me.
"Ugh...!"
"Zuryaaaahhh!!"
With sword speed surpassing that of Brutogyu, I pressed my relentless attack. A diagonal right slash, a counter-upward slash, and a straight downward slash. Followed by a thrust, a pulling sideways cut, and a full rotation to deliver a second sweep. All of my attacks were blocked, but the enemy was on the defensive. Good, he hasn't noticed the thing behind him.
"Petty... Gobooohhh!!"
Alright. It's a bit small, but the heated water struck directly from behind. Quickly, they passed through both sides of his face, blocking his nose and mouth.
"Goboo... gaaahhh!!!"
In the next moment, Brutogyu's scream accompanied the explosion of the heated water spheres around his face. But it created a sufficient opening.
Zu-bah...
For a moment, he was distracted by the heated water attack. In that moment, my Renki-sharpened strike severed his head.
Gota, gorogorogoro...
Brutogyu's head fell to the ground and rolled. It's not over yet. It's not finished yet. I severed both his arms and unleashed a torrent of continuous attacks on his remaining torso. Heart, lungs, all internal organs were obliterated, and his upper body, still encased in armor, was torn to pieces.
"Now, it's over!!"
The grudges of my homeland. The grudges of my parents. With all of it, I infused as much Renki as possible into my large sword.
"Renki: Fine Slash!"
A full-bodied thrust with a thick Renki blade. All the scattered pieces of flesh vaporized completely without a trace.
"...This is the tyrant's end."
A small green sphere, with a few pieces of flesh attached, fell unharmed from the spot where Brutogyu's torso was. It seemed he embedded the Gift Sphere inside his body. But , once it has been obliterated to this extent
Zuryu...
...It felt like time had rolled back. The flesh attached to the sphere transformed into his heart, and from there, his upper body regenerated, reconnecting with the arm still holding the sword, and reuniting with the lower body. Finally, the left arm and the head grew back, and sharp eyes stared directly at me.
"What...?!"
"Foolish. Is this the extent of your perception?"
Idiot...!
Even though I reduced him to pieces, even though I did all that...! From just a few fragments, he regenerated perfectly in an instant...?
"Then die."
Due to shock, I couldn't move, and the blade wrapped in Renki swung at me. It's no use, my guard wouldn't make it in time...
Doga...
"Gaha...!"
A dull impact ran through my body. Through the armor, an overwhelming force reached deep into my body, even my internal organs. My Renki reinforce armor prevented my body from being cut in two, but it was still a fatal blow. Blood spewed from my mouth, and my body was blown away like a toy doll.
***
"Gilius-san!"
After everything we've done...!
The moment I thought we had won, Gilius-san was sent flying and slammed against the wall. He coughed up blood, sliding down, and all the Renki covering his body vanished, and he let go of his sword.
"...Gahh! T-This... monster is beyond our control...! Retreat, at least you guys... run away...!"
Exerting the last of his strength, he ordered his subordinates to escape.
...But, Gilius-san.
I saw a chance to win just now. I won't waste it, so rest assured there.
"Foolish knight, it's your final moment. Be honored to meet your end in my hands."
What an arrogant guy...!
"Hey, you bastard. This time, I'll be your opponent."
"...Hm."
Brutogyu interrupted his finishing blow on Gilius-san and turned towards me. Finally, he looked at me. I'm glad. I discarded the empty, bothersome leather bag, gripped the Sword Breaker in my left hand, and stepped forward while glaring at him with all the killing intent I could muster.
"The failed hero will send you to hell. Prepare yourself."
***Read at novelworldtranslations.blogspot.com***
***Please check out ko-fi.com/kettle1!***
***In there you can support the translation and you can also get to read advance chapters!***
[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

I have absolutely no idea what Kyrie intends to do. This seems totally unwinnable as she is now.
ReplyDeletemaybe by luck ? 🤞
Delete