The Tale of the Teapot Hero’s Revenge Chapter 60 - To kill you, this is enough



[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

 

Chapter 60 - To kill you, this is enough

 

"...How foolish. Even after witnessing my power, you dare speak with such insolence."

"Say whatever you want."

In the battle against Gilius, I saw a way to kill the indestructible Brutogyu. With my current abilities, I should be able to do it. If I fully utilize everything and have the determination to make a desperate attempt.

"You idiot! Kyrie, it's reckless. Take your subordinates and run...!!"

"I won't do anything reckless. The leader insisted, and besides, I don't intend to die."

I couldn't just turn my back and run away from this guy. Dying would be better than that. I'm sorry, but I definitely am not gonna run. And there's a promise with that girl. I must come back alive.

I gripped the hilt of Swordbreaker tightly in my left hand and pointed its tip at Brutogyu.

"I won't die until I kill you."

"Know your place, you useless excuse for a hero whose only talent is boiling water."

"Oh, that's right. I'm the hero who can only boil water. But you know what? That's more than enough to kill you."

I lowered my posture and started running. My destination is not Brutogyu, but the two arms that were cut off in the previous battle.

"I don't know what you're planning... Renki: Flying Blade."

What he unleashed was a technique that transformed the Renki wrapped around his large sword into transparent blades and sent them flying. It's the same technique that the unit leader I first fought showed, but the size and speed are completely different. It's too fast, and I couldn't avoid it easily.

If I can't avoid it, I'll deflect it with my gauntlet in my left hand and release the impact. It's called parrying. It's impossible to guard it properly, but this would do.

"Ughhh..."

The slashing strike made contact with the gauntlet. It's incredibly heavy, but I clenched my teeth and...

"Raaaah!"

...swung my arm to the left and deflected it diagonally upwards. Somehow, I succeeded. I didn't have the leeway to watch where it went, but there's probably a big scar on the wall now. After deflecting it, I hurried to the arms and touch both of them.

"Brutogyu, I'm going to beat that face of yours right now!"

I suddenly stopped and headed straight towards that bastard. I floated both arms, by boiling the blood within, and hide them behind me.

"Ridiculous."

This time, Brutogyu swung the Renki attached to his large sword overhead.

"Ugh!"

He slammed it into the floor. The shockwave crushed the stone as it rushed straight toward me.

"What kind of force is that ......!"

If I get hit by this, it's over, and even if I guard against it, it's over. I couldn't face this head-on. While avoiding to the left, I moved towards a thick pillar. I threw one of the raised arms from there to the enemy's blind spot. And then, I charged toward Brutogyu at full speed.

"Sneaking around like a filthy rat..."

And then, at full speed towards the back of the head—

"You thought I wouldn't notice? Useless!"

Before the collision, Brutogyu swung around and sliced through. So quick! I'm not sure how many times the arm was cut, but it was reduced to pieces in an instant. But, his reaction was as expected. As he turned, I leaped out from a pillar and rushed back towards Brutogyu.

"I said it's no use!"

He swung his sword overhead, but I already anticipated it.  I had no intention of clashing swords with him at close range. If I did that, I'd be nothing but a pile of flesh in an instant.

Revealing my presence served two purposes: to catch him off guard and for another reason. It was to divert his attention away from the boiling water that had splashed around to aid Gilius-san earlier. My magical power was still in those droplets, and I made fifteen water droplets float up.

"Go!"

Tiny scalding droplets attack from all directions. It's an all-range attack, a technique inspired by Tario's Hailstorm. If I were to give it a name, maybe Boil Storm...? Well, whatever.

"Ngh, guuu...!"

It seemed like he couldn't avoid it completely. Gilius-san's destruction of his armor allowed the scalding water droplets to hit his bare upper body one after another.

Now, for the finishing touch. The second floating arm I've been hiding all along. After grabbing it directly and releasing a large amount of magic power, I threw it as hard as I can.

"The same move again...!"

Is it really the same move? At the moment he raised his sword for interception, I rapidly raised the moisture in the entire arm to a boil. When water suddenly boils, that part always explodes, you know. I use this method when I want to quickly destroy the head or wrist. Even so, I'm being cautious. If I were to go all out, it would surely lead to a big explosion, bones and flesh would scatter, and even someone nearby would be in danger.

—Just like this.

Boom!!

Thud, thud, thud!

"Ugh!"

The arm exploded into pieces, and bone fragments and gauntlets that had shattered pierced Brutogyu's upper body. The force was too great; it seemed there were fragments that pierced through. This confusion... it was my primary aim.

Seizing the moment when Brutogyu hesitated, I accelerated abruptly towards him. Approaching to where I could reach out my hand, I thrust my right hand towards his heart. If my calculations were correct, this would kill Brutogyu! If I could just touch there—

"...I won't flinch at this level!"

A shiver ran through my entire body. It was a powerful killing intent, making me feel like I was being pushed into a mountain of needles. When I looked up, it was the moment when Brutogyu, clad in Renki, swung his greatsword downward.

It's useless; I couldn't avoid it. Just a bit more. Just a bit more, and I could have exact my revenge. Is he not even giving me a tiny opening?

"The pesky little rat running around in front of me! Disappear!"

Thud!

There's no other way.

Faced with the powerful slash, I deliberately exposed my left gauntlet. If I could deflect it skillfully just like the previous slashing attack—

Swish!

"Ahh..."

Just a little, the trajectory was altered. The sword's path that was supposed to slice my torso diagonally was shifted to around the shoulder. As a consequence, the gauntlet was shattered, and my left wrist holding the Sword Breaker was cut off, and then my left shoulder and beyond.

"Ughhh!!"

It's not exactly painful, it's more like cold. Or rather, hot, I don't know anymore. But this scream is not a scream of agony. It's a shout of determination to stay conscious. What's one arm, when I've already clamped down on Brutogyu's throat.

"This is not enough for me to hesitate!!"

A few moments before Brutogyu raised his sword again, there's a brief moment, a slight opening. Extending my remaining right arm toward Brutogyu's heart, I sent all my magic power at full throttle.

"Explode, flyyy!!"

Boom!!

Flesh protecting the heart burst, and his ribcage shattered but it pierced me.

What do I care? This level of pain is nothing.

The exposed pulsating heart. I reached for it and grasp it.

"I... couldn't possibly... let you... do it!!"

Thud!

A dull shock ran through my body. I couldn't breathe, and a copious amount of blood poured from my mouth. Presumably, the sword had pierced my abdomen, skewering me through to my back.

...It didn't matter!

"...Aaahhhhh!!!"

I forcefully summoned back my fleeting consciousness with a shout, and with all my might, I yanked his heart out.

I refuse to die. I'm going to survive, no matter what!


***Read at novelworldtranslations.blogspot.com***

***Please check out ko-fi.com/kettle1!***

***In there you can support the translation and you can also get to read advance chapters!***


[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

Comments