The Tale of the Teapot Hero’s Revenge Chapter 29 - I Won't Make It Special



[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

 

Chapter 29 - I won't make it special

 

First, I let my magic spread throughout his right wrist to dissolve it into a gooey mess. One of the daggers slipped out from his fingers and fell to the ground.

"Abyaaahhhhh!!"

Geez, so loud. His voice echoed well in the cave. Well, even if he's silent, he’s still annoying.

I then did the same to his other hand, reducing it to a bubbling mess. Another scream ensued, and now he's disarmed. Finally, I delivered a strong punch to his face.

"Hahi, hahi, hahi"

There you have it, a pathetic, collapsed, and immobile bug. He's done for. But before killing him, I had to know the reason he kidnapped Beato .

"Hey, why did you target Beato? If you tell me, I won't make you suffer more than necessary."

"Heh, as if I'm gonna tell you."

He spat at me. I dodged it since it's disgusting.

...Huh, so he's taking that kind of attitude.

"This isn't a request, it's an order. Don't misunderstand. You don't have the right to refuse."

I sent magic to the tip of his foot. Not to his ankle or his entire leg, just the tip of his toe. It boiled and boiled, making the flesh burst, and it then started slowly climbing up his body.

"Higiii, gubyaaaaaaa!! Ah, it's hot! So hot!"

"Come on, answer me. Otherwise, the boiling will gradually climb from your toes, and you'll suffer greatly until you die."

"Hahi, I'll answer! I'll answer, so please stop!"

"You're understanding things well. Now, quickly tell me."

"He asked me, Carion did. He asked me to find and capture Beato. He said if I did, he would reward me and also give something to Brutogyu's men!"

"So, you caught her and handed her over to Carion?"

"Yeah, I desperately searched and searched for her. And the day when I handed her over, Carion was away burning your village. He returned in the early morning, and I handed Beato over to her!"

I see, so that's why he left so unnaturally. He had a reason that took priority over eliminating me. What on earth was Beato...?

"Hey, do you know Beato's true identity?"

"I don't kno... but, Carion called her a trump card that would change the power balance!"

"Anything else?"

"I don't know... but the priest of Paladis, the Paladis priesthood, comes and goes to the mansion."

"...What does that have to do with anything?"

I increase the speed of the boiling. From the shins to the thighs, all the flesh was now exposed.

"Aggyaaaaaaa!! No, it's not irrelevant! That girl... also came from Paladis!"

"...Oh, from that religious nation."

If that's the case, it might be a bit troublesome. It meant that it's not just this guy targeting Beato—wait, huh? Why am I so fervently interrogating about Beato? I shouldn't care about the girl's background at all. That's strange.

"...Sorry, I was a bit out of it. I'll stop you for now."

When the boiling reaches the lower abdomen, I deactivated the magic. Even though his lower body was already boiled entirely, well, it didn't matter.

"Haa, haa, hahi...

Renkino's face was a mess, covered in tears and mucus.

...It's truly strange. I shouldn't care about Beato, she’s just a mere sleeping aid. Why did I become so obsessed with her?

Regaining my composure, I stood up from the ground. For now, I should go back to where everyone was.

"Phew, well then, take care."

"W-What...? You, you're not going to kill me?"

"Nope... Did you think I would?"

With a snap of my fingers, I reactivated the boiling that had stopped. This time, it rose up very slowly, gradually, towards his head.

"Huh? Ahh, hiiiiiiii!!"

Oh, the hopeful expression on his face quickly turned into despair. It seemed he's realized his fate. But I did not find it amusing or interesting.

"Well then, farewell."

"It's hot... I don't want this... W-Wait, don't leave me here! Help me! I don't want this pain! It hurts so much I feel like I'm going mad!"

He waved his arms frantically as I left the cave. I had no intention of helping him. I left him there and started running towards where Beato and the others were. I hadto meet her as soon as possible. And the reason I wanted to see Beato quickly was that if I didn't get my wounds treated, I'd be in trouble. Don't get me wrong.

***Read at novelworldtranslations.blogspot.com***

***Please check out ko-fi.com/kettle1***

***In there you can support me and you can also get to read advance chapters!***


"......!!"

When I returned to the cabin, Beato came running out with incredible speed. She immediately looked worriedly at my wounds and started treating them right away. Starting with the larger wounds, she carefully casted healing magic on them.

"Good job, it seems you took care of Renkino."

Joanna and Mel-chan also came out of the cabin, a bit late. Mel-chan was avoiding looking at the mangled corpse on the ground. His head exploded, and it's a gruesome sight. Quite gory, but I was already used to it.

"Are you okay?"

"No problems. There was one hiding in the cabin, but I took care of him."

"Uh, um, you were amazing, Hero onee-san..."

Mel-chan looked pale. I felt really sorry for involving her in something dangerous.

"......"

It seemed Beato has finished treating me. The pain had completely subsided, and I felt fully energized. Also, just now, my body suddenly felt incredibly light. I guessed that means he's dead. Maybe that's why I had grown stronger.

"......!"

Beato pulled out a towel from her bag and also took out a bamboo water bottle. Was she planning to wipe me down now?

"You can clean up the blood later. I can't undress in a place like this, right?"

"......"

Don't be so down. I wonder why she took such good care of someone like me.

"Well, anyway, Kyrie-chan, I've never seen that expression on your face before."

Huh? What's this Joanna talking about?

"When Beato-chan was kidnapped, you had this angry expression like an ogre. And even afterwards, you completely lost your composure. Beato-chan must be really important to you."

"......!?"

Wait, wait a minute. That's not it, Beato, don't look at me with those sparkling eyes.

"The possessiveness, the obsession, the dependency, and all the other jumbled up emotions in that scream. I've never seen Kyrie-chan so emotionally charged before."

"Hero onee-chan, you really love Beato, don't you? It's coming across loud and clear."

"......"

Why was Beato blushing? Why did she lower her gaze and avoided eye contact with me?

"......Sigh, let's go back to the main road before it gets dark."

I couldn't stand all this nonsense.

"......♪"

Beato happily clung to my arm. Well, whatever. As long as she's safe and smiling, that's enough for me.

"Oh, wait, Onee-san, did you just smile a little?"

"......!!!??"

"Kyrie-chan smiled!? That's a big event. Let me see, let me see."

"That's not it. I didn't smile. Back off."

Stop it, don't circle around me. Don't peep at my face.

"Hmm, looks like your usual face, as if you've just bitten a bitter bug. Maybe it's just my imagination?"

"......?"

"It must be my imagination, just my imagination."

"Well, maybe I mistook it after all."

That's right, Mel-chan, it's just a mistake. I would not form a special relationship with anyone. It's too painful when you lose them.

 

[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

Comments