[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]
Chapter 28 - The man named Renkino
Having lost all his subordinates, he must be feeling desperate. Renkino, in a panic, grabbed Beato's wrist and tried to escape with her into the forest. There's no way I'd let him get away.
"...! ...!!"
"This, this stupid woman, you better run...!"
Thanks to Beato pulling his hand back and resisting, I easily caught up to him. I would save you now, just wait a little longer, and I would kill this guy right away.
"Oh no...!"
I moved to grab Renkino by the head, intending to end him with a single blow.
"That's enough, go over there!!"
The bastard pushed Beato towards me. Maybe he realized that once I touch him, it's all over, given what I had shown so far.
"Beato!"
I retracted my magical power and tightly embraced her frail body. I suddenly felt relieved by the warmth that fits perfectly in my chest. But now was not the time for that. I immediately moved her behind me, shielding her from Renkino. I wouldn't let him take her away again, no matter what.
"Go to the hut where Joanna and the others are. Run all the way there. I'll kill this guy."
"...!"
She nodded, and then I heard the sound of her running. I couldn't turn around to check, though. This guy was surprisingly fast, so if I took my eyes off him, I wouldn't know what he would do.
"You... you bastard! You completely wiped out my cute subordinates!"
"Worried about your future? You don't need to, because you're going to die now."
"You're full of shit!"
He pulled out two knives from his waist and held them in reverse grip. I could now handle his fighting style since I saw it during the Neil attack. I'd definitely twist him to death right here and make him regret touching Beato.
"To me, money is important, but above all, life is precious!"
What's this? Both of his legs were enveloped in a translucent haze. Ah, this was Renki that the leader taught me about. Not only weapons but also the body could be enhanced. There's also... what was his name? Like that squad leader, he seemed to moved a like tentacle.
"I apologize for not fighting you head-on. Farewell!"
Oh, he ran away. He escaped with his enhanced leg power. But he’s not that fast, is it?
"There's no way I'll let you escape!"
If I let him escape here, he'd come back to attack again. The information about my ability might be completely leaked to Brutogyu. I absolutely had to kill him right here.
Renkino rans, bouncing irregularly as he kicked off the trunks of the trees. Occasionally, he looked back at me, wearing a dirty grin. Ah, he's totally provoking me. He's not giving it his all to escape. It's so obvious, this guy really was dumb. Well, I'll play along.
So, I chased after him and finally arrived at a place surrounded by a steep slope with a basin-like shape. There were numerous cave-like holes as well. Once Renkino reached this place, he immediately dashed at full speed and hid somewhere.
"...I see, so he lured me into a favorable location."
There were no trees here, and the ground was bare. In other words, there's no moisture for me to use my "Boiling" ability. The terrain full of caves was perfect for hiding and launching surprise attacks.
"I told you, my life is the most important thing. If I return empty-handed, Brutogyu will kill me. But if I bring back your head, I'll be rich. So, just die quietly!"
At an invisible speed, something rushed towards me from one of the holes. Well, it's obvious that it's Renkino, even though I couldn't see him.
"Tch...!"
I guarded my vital spots with my sword and arm, but my arm gets deeply cut. It hurt so much, but it's not a deep wound, though.
After slashing at me, he hid in one of the many caves. Then, one after another, attacks come from behind.
"Aggh!!"
***Read at novelworldtranslations.blogspot.com***
***Please check out ko-fi.com/kettle1! ***
***In there you can support me and you can also get to read advance chapters!***
I sensed his presence and shifted my body, but I still couldn't avoid the attack, and got a shallow cut on my back as a result. While I was stumbling, attacks came from the left, front, and right. I was repeatedly slashed shallowly, and it hurt a lot. Damn it, I had to do something or I'd be butchered.
(I need to find somewhere to hide...!)
Around me, there's only dry ground with sparse grass and the caves. There were many caves around the cliff. That's right, I'd make use of the caves too. While guarding my head with both arms, I sprinted at full speed towards the nearest cave.
"Where do you think you're going!?"
Naturally, I continued to be attacked while trying to escape. Covered in blood all over my body, it hurt so much that I was thinking of giving up. If I was not careful, I might die from blood loss. But I endured it with nothing but determination and managed to escape into the cave before dying.
"Haa, haa... I-I made it..."
The front of my body, face, and neck were unharmed, but my back and arms were in tatters. My legs were also slashed, and my thighs were covered in blood. It hurt a lot, but it didn't seem to be bleeding excessively. Did he intentionally avoid cutting any important blood vessels, or did he do it to torture me? Either way, it didn't matter. I'd make him regret it now.
"Heh, you're like a cornered rat, huh?"
That bastard casually showed himself before the entrance of the cave. This cave was made of rock walls and has sandy ground below. And from the ceiling, water droplets fell, so it's full of moisture. The moment he entered the cave, I'd make the ground beneath him explode like I did with the other thugs.
"Haa, haa..."
Pretending that I couldn't stand properly, I placed my hands on the wall and channeled my magic just in front of the enemy.
"Now, let's finish this with a decisive blow."
He licked both of his knives and raised his leg, placing it on the spot where I channeled my magic.
"Now!"
And I exploded the mud beneath his feet. With this, the enemy would be covered in severe burns all over his body--
"I thought you'd do that."
I heard a voice from behind. Simultaneously, I heard the sound of a knife slashing through the air, approaching my neck.
"Well, I also thought you'd do that. With my speed, I can avoid it."
Crack!
"Uagh...uhhhh!!?"
The muddy ground behind me exploded like a fountain, and scorching hot mud assaults Renkino. It also splashed a bit on me, but strangely, it's not that hot. Perhaps it's because my own magic was infused in it.
"Also, I anticipated that you would try to get behind me. So, I prepared something there as well."
In his moment of hesitation, I was able to firmly grab his wrist. Now, I caught him.
"Uagh, you...damn it, it's hot!"
"Now, are you ready? You've attacked so many people, and now you even kidnapped Beato."
"N-No!?"
I glared at him with all the killing intent I could muster and sent my magic into the wrist I was holding, boiling it. The time for fighting was over. It's time for torture.
[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

Comments
Post a Comment