The Tale of the Teapot Hero’s Revenge Chapter 26 - Anger of Kirie



[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

 

Chapter 26 - Anger of Kyrie

 

We departed immediately the next morning. As expected, the road felt like it's inside the dense forest since we're close to the Great Forest. White trees that gad shed their leaves grew abundantly, blocking the sky. Looking up, it felt like we're inside the ribs of a living creature.

"It's kind of eerie. Feels like monsters might come out."

Beato nodded repeatedly while clinging to my right arm.

"Is it safe? We’re not in the actual forest, we’re still on the road."

"There's no doubt it's safe. Everyone coming from the west uses this road, and even the military uses it for transportation."

Although her tone sounds casual, Melo-chan was also tightly clinging to my left arm. I wondered if he’s scared too. She came to the capital alone, didn't she?

After walking for a while, we reached a fork in the road. There's a road that lead to the southwest and another that continues straight west into the dense forest. The road leads to the forest exit, while the path into the forest becomes narrower, leading into a dark, dark forest. Well, anyone would choose the proper road, of course.

"Alright, this way. You'll see when you look, but just to be sure."

Joanna, leading the way, headed confidently toward the southwest. I think she had already decided on this path. Naturally, I followed behind, but with girls clinging to both sides, we fell behind a bit.

Rustle!!

At that moment, black shadows jumped out from the bushes and surrounded us.

"...!?"

"Monsters!?"

No, it's different. They're not monsters; they're humans. About twenty of them, dressed in black. They were the group who attacked us in the capital the night before yesterday, but with more numbers this time.

"Hehe, the ambush was a success."

Grinning behind his subordinates was Renkino. Completely surrounded, we're in dire straits. Beato and Melo-chan clung to me even tighter, trembling.

"Well, it seems that killing everyone is... wait. That girl..."

He's staring at Beato. Could it be that he knew about her? Even so, don't you dare cast your dirty eyes on her!

"No mistake, it's that girl who was captured and presented to Carion after we went through so much trouble. I see, it all connects."

Carion? Why was that name being mentioned now?

"You bastards, don't you dare kill that girl. If you even lay a scratch on her, I'll gouge out your eyeballs!"

That's right, there's no doubt about it. This guy knew of  Beato's identity. He must had captured Beato and handed her over to Carion. Anyway, our priority was to get through this crisis.

I made a slight eye contact with Joanna. Afterwards, after glancing at Beato and Melo-chan, I directed my gaze towards the forest exit.

"...Hey, Joanna. Twenty people while protecting Beato and Melo-chan. Can we do it?"

"It might be a little tough... Well, let's give it a try...!"

It seemed she understood my intentions. After our brief bluff conversation, Joanna unsheathed her dagger and dashed towards the forest exit. I held Melo-chan at my side, and while still holding Beato's hand, I followed behind.

If we face them head-on, we have no chance of winning. Our only remaining strategy was to break through the encirclement and escape.

"...Alright, let me handle this."

...Huh? The guys who were surrounding us suddenly opened up a path. What were they planning? But we don't have time to think. We broke through the encirclement and ran towards the forest exit.

"However, that girl will be left behind."

Renkino's voice could be heard right beside me. Had he caught up already? He's fast, too fast! While running, he unsheathed his dagger and aimed at my wrist, which was holding Beato's hand.

"...!"

"Beato!?"

Before that blade reached me, Beato forcefully pulled her hand away. As a result, the blade passed between our separated hands.

"Tch, I missed. But...!"

"...! ...!"

Beato was caught by Renkino.

"You! Beato has nothing to do with this, let her go!"

"Kyrie-chan, don't stop! Keep going!"

Shut up, I couldn't just stand still and let them take Beato away with their dirty hands!

"Ooh, scary, scary. Well, guys, feel free to kill the rest."

"This guy...! Return Beato!"

The weaklings gathered all at once. They're in the way; Beato was being taken away.

"Kyrie-chan, calm down!"

"Joanna, please take care of Melo-chan."

I released the girl I was holding and entrusted her to Joanna. Twenty small fries? No problem.

"I'll send them all to hell."

I dove straight into the crowd of enemies, and unleashed my magic power and touch them one by one.


***Read at novelworldtranslations.blogspot.com***

***Please check out ko-fi.com/kettle1***

***In there you can support me and you can also get to read advance chapters!***


"Guh!"

"Oboh!"

"Gyahi!!"

"Kyapah!"

The three people I touched in the stomach had their intestines scattered, and the left side of the face of the guy I slapped burst open. Perhaps they were scared by the abnormal ways their comrades died since for a moment, the enemy's momentum weakened. Taking advantage of the opening, I kept touching the enemies, making their bodies boil or burst everywhere.

"Uwaaahhh!!"

With a terrified voice, one man thrust a knife towards me. I grabbed the face that I just touched and boiled, and used it as a shield. The knife pierced the bubbling flesh, and he died screaming in pain and heat.

Haha, it felt good.

"W-What the hell is this guy?!"

"If you touch her, you die... Damn, damn it! So dangerous!"

Everyone seemed to be scared. Well, it's convenient. Let's just kill them all at once.

"Don't be scared, you bastards!"

Oh, here they come again. With Renkino's command, the confusion subsided.

"The fact that a brat like the hero came this far is unexpected. Let's withdraw for now!"

Withdraw? Hey, wait a minute. He’s running away, taking his small fries with them. But they're not leaving Beato behind.

"Wait!! Don't run, fight!"

"...!"

She reached out to me, but she's far away. Beato was far, far away.

"Beato! Beato!!"

"Calm down, Kyrie-chan." Joanna restrained me from behind.

Let go, they're taking Beato away!

"Calm down!!"

"...Guh! Haah, haah..."

I knew, there's nothing I could do anymore. Renkino carried Beato and disappeared into the forest with about ten of his surviving subordinates. Even if I chased after them now, it's futile.

"Beato... Damn it!!"

I kicked the head of the melted corpse as hard as I can.

"Damn it, damn it, damn it!!"

I stomp on it over and over with the sole of my shoe. My anger and frustration wouldn't disappear, and I couldn't help but unleash it.

"We lost sight of... Beato was taken away...!"

"Calm down, I told you. Calm down a little and use your head."

"...What... does that mean?"

"The direction they fled, right?"

Melo-chan took over Joanna's words. She seemed to have been silent all this time, shocked by witnessing the scene of organs and brains splattering, but she understood the situation.

"The direction they fled... It's towards the forest, right?"

"That's right. They should have been heading toward the capital, but they only had Beato with them."

"They attacked us for the sole purpose of killing you, the hero, Kyrie-chan. Beato-chan is just an incidental finding."

"...In other words, they are waiting for us in the forest?"

"That's right. They know we'll chase after them to save Beato-chan. I've heard that Renkino's hideout is in the forest. They must have prepared plenty of traps, waiting for us."

Good, I'd crush all their traps. But how did she know about Renkino's hideout? Oh right, she’s an information broker.

"I understand perfectly. Thanks. Let's quickly kill them all and rescue Beato."

"...Hey, are you completely calm?"

 

[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

Comments