The Tale of the Teapot Hero’s Revenge Chapter 67 - Sleeping Power



[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

 

Chapter 67 - Sleeping Power

 

"Taltus-sama, the operation is proceeding smoothly."

"Naturally. Those five are the cream of the crop."

In the camp in front of the southern gate, upon receiving a report from Nopto, who possesses the TelepathyGift Sphere, I nodded deeply.

"Make sure to convey the order to minimize civilian casualties. We are the righteous liberation army that defeated the tyrant. Both the capital and this vast land shall be ours."

"As you wish."

Nopto used her TelepathyGift to send a message to the five. She is an excellent woman. And those five are as well. Furthermore, we have Judas, an ally from Paladis, so failure is not an option.

 

***

 

Now, the first thing to do in this situation is to let those four escape, and it seems the leader has the same idea.

"Strah, Mel-chan, Princess! Run with Raid just like this!"

"Run... What about you, Aniki?"

"Don't worry, I'll definitely catch up later!"

In response to Strah's voice, which sounds really concerned, the leader replied with determination. Even though I can't see her face from this distance, Strah is probably close to tears.

"I trust you, stupid Aniki."

"Yeah, believe in me!"

"I don't know anything about Stige, so you have tell me!"

"Of course! I'll show you all the famous places in Stige!"

"You better do it, it's a promise! Alright, everyone, let's go quickly!"

Strah is indeed strong. She turns her back first, takes Mel-chan's hand, and hurries Raid-san.

"Uhh, Strah-nee-chan, is it really okay to leave them behind like this?"

"We'd just be in the way! Come on, time to be gone!"

With her back turned as well, while the three run, Raid stopped briefly and looked back.

"Go, partner. Don't look back anymore. I'm counting on you for my sister."

"I heard you the first time."

He nodded emphatically and ran as well.

"All right, Kyrie-chan, get ready! These guys are incredibly tough opponents!"

"Yeah, I know. But even so, I won't let them take this girl from me again."

"...?"

Beat is now as red as ever.

...No, I don't have the luxury to think about unnecessary things. Right now, I need to figure out how to survive.

"The princess has escaped."

"No problem, it was never our responsibility in the first place. Let them handle it, and let's fulfill our mission this time."

Two enemies, two of us. The female demon is full of enthusiasm. The middle-aged demon continues to lock eyes with the leader. But neither of them is making a move.

That middle-aged demon is using his eyes to restrain the female demon who seems about to attack at any moment. I guess it's a warrior's mercy, giving us time for some final words before we're killed. I appreciate it, but...

"Hey, Kyrie-chan. Can you fight these guys while holding Beato?"

"...To be honest, it's impossible."

That's only natural. The enemies are monsters that go beyond the level that can be overcome through numbers. With Beato in my arms, what can I do?

...I'm embarrassed that I talked big earlier.

"That's right. The enemies have absurd strength. Even with the power you gained from defeating Brutogyu, it's impossible for you to win without a plus one."

"You're being quite blunt."

"Was I a bit harsh?"

"On the contrary, it helps to be objective."

Even though I've become quite stronger after defeating Brutogyu, it's still tough.

"...This extra power is something I'll show you, Kyrie-chan. It's like a final task as your mentor."

"It's not a good omen, Leader."

"...Oops, I didn't mean it that way. I mean, I won't die because of that. I don't intend to."

That would indeed be nice. He will be able to guide Strah to the places of her hometown.

Don't die here.

"Now, about the lesson I'll teach you... how to use Renki."

"Huh? Isn't Renki something only people without magical power can use?"

"That's correct. People are born with either magic or Renki. Those with Renki need a lot of training to use it compared to the relatively straightforward magic, so it's not well-known."

"So, Leader, are you saying I originally had Renki?"

"That middle-aged demon used Renki on his blade earlier, but using the 'Gift' requires magic. In other words, the Hero's magical power was added later, right? Doesn't that sound plausible?"

I see. Brutogyu, for example, used 'Healing' alongside Renki.

"Magic feels like pulling strength from the depths of your heart, as I heard from Raid. How does that sound, do you get it?"

"Yeah, that's the general idea."

"In contrast, for 'Renki,' you gather strength from all over your body. And controlling it seems to be similar to magic, so you should be able to do it."

...Hmm, I think I understand it somewhat.

"So, here's the deal. That middle-aged demon will be my responsibility. Can you deal with the other one on your own? Can you protect Beato?"

"Of course. Just don't die on me, Leader."

"Heh, don't worry. I've powered up with 'Three Nights Over.'"

Just as I was wondering what he meant by that, the leader charges straight at the middle-aged demon. He slashes at blinding speed, exchanging blows as they leap up to the roof and disappear from view in an instant. Was the leader that strong...? ...But, this isn't the time to be looking over there.

...No, now's not the time to be watching them.

"Beato, stay away."

"..."

My opponent is the high-speed vengeful woman. Levia, was it? Whether I want to kill her or flee, I must first assess her Gift.

"Hero, I will kill you this time."

Levia unsheathed her sword and poised it with both hands. She looked at me with a gaze filled with hostility and the intent to kill.

Beato is in a safe distance, so she won't get involved. The enemy is clearly out to kill me, and I don't think she's targeting Beato. Fro now, I need to focus on the battle.

"If I kill you, I'll get one step closer. I'll kill you for my sister...!"

Here comes an invisible slash. She slid one foot backward, assumed a forward-leaning posture, and immediately disappeared from view.

"Gaaah!!"

I was struck by an enormous impact, which sent my body flying backward.

"Ugh!!"

The arm I used to guard myself with my sword is throbbing intensely. She probably aimed for a decapitation, but I managed to guard my vital areas by reflex.

This confirmed something. Her attacks are straightforward, an unstoppable linear charge. Showing me that much just to hurt me was a mistake.

"You blocked it... But you won't get lucky like that a second time. Next, I will cut your head off."

That's right, the previous block was only a stroke of luck. Now, I'm lying on my back after that shock. The enemy is behind me, undoubtedly preparing to strike for my head.

What should I do? Forcing my body to flip over and guard again would result in getting flung away once more. Is there even any guarantee I can block a second hit? At the very least, if I increase my power, can I withstand this impact? If I can use Renki.

(Can I really do it? Can I unleash it? ...No, I don't have time to hesitate. Gather strength from throughout my body and control it like magic...!)

I recalled Leader's instructions and the demonstrations by Gilius-san and Ilyria, I guide the power I've gathered into my arms. My arms were shrouded in a hazy aura, and an unbelievable power surged within me. It's done, time to try it out!

"Die, Hero!!"

"Like hell I will!!"

A second charging attack, and I know she's aiming for my head again. Twisting my body, I forcibly right myself and predict her trajectory. I then readied my sword breaker to guard my neck.

"Gaaah...!?"

This time, I managed to block it properly. My guard was not pushed back, and I held my ground firmly. The enemy's charge came to a halt, and now we are locked in a standoff.

"Renki... I didn't hear that you could use it...!"

"I suppose not. I only just discovered it myself."

 

***Read at novelworldtranslations.blogspot.com***

***Please check out ko-fi.com/kettle1!***

***In there you can support the translation and you can also get to read advance chapters!***


[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

Comments