[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]
Chapter 66 - Driving Force
"Revenge...? Me...?"
I don't understand. I had no memory of being resented by the demon race, and meeting this person is the first time.
"Mordo, leave the other half of the Holy Maiden to me."
"Do you intend to fight with all your might? Think about what happens after the occupation."
"I'm thinking about it. I won't engage in unnecessary destruction."
Was she called Levia? A female demon pushed Beato to the middle-aged demon.
"Beato!!"
The middle-aged demon named Mordo grabbed Beato's wrist and captured her. Damn, don't touch Beato! I will definitely kill these guys...
- Crash!
"What was that?"
I heard a strange sound and felt like something had just passed by, and in the next moment.
- Shiiin!
Blood sprayed like a fountain from my left forearm. When was it cut!? Probably, they attacked me in passing, but just like before, I couldn't see their movements at all...
I drew my Sword Breaker as I turned around. But, there is no sign of the enemy behind me.
- Zuban!
Damn, again! This time, a shallow wound runs on my right arm. I looked back again, but I still couldn't see the enemy. Without being able to see the enemy's movements, my wounds kept increasing.
- Slash, slash, slash, slash!
"...Ugh, ahhhhhh!"
My body was being cut everywhere, and I wasn't able to even search for the enemy. I couldn't move a step, so I had no choice but to stay on my feet and continue to be cut helplessly. Damn it, this guy is too strong...
According to Raid's story, these guys annihilated more than 15,000 of the Kingdom's frontline troops. In other words, these hundred people group is equivalent to the combat power of over 15,000 grunts... or rather, it's beyond that level now.
Out of the hundred, at least the five attacking us are undoubtedly "individuals with extraordinary strength, for whom numbers mean nothing."
The attacks stop, and the enemy finally revealed herself. They point a slightly curved single-edged sword at my neck.
"...How about that? Are you suffering a bit?"
"Give Beato... back..."
"Seemed you haven't suffered enough yet."
This guy could cut off my head and pierce my heart at any moment. Yet, she hasn't made an attack that would be a lethal blow, only shallow cuts on the skin. There's no need to think about why, right?
I often do the same thing. I won't just kill a person. I'll make them suffer, suffer to the fullest, and then kill them. For revenge, that moment is the most satisfying.
"Why... What do you have against me...! I don't even know you...!"
There's just one thing I can't understand.
"It doesn't matter if you personally don't know. The target of my revenge is the very existence of the 'Hero.'"
"What does that even mean...?"
"My sister was killed by a Hero. So, I will kill Heroes. Every time a Hero is born, as many times as needed. Understand?"
Do I understand? Do I understand what she's saying? She's either insane or completely incomprehensible. In the end, I have nothing to do with this. Damn it, even though I finally avenged myself, I won't be killed by this insane grudge!
"!!! ..."
Beato is screaming while crying. Even though there's no sound coming from her, she still screamed. I'm sorry, I made you cry out of the blue...
No, that's not it. It's not me who made Beato look like that. It's these people in front of me.
"I don't understand. I'm not interested in your circumstances. I seriously don't get it, and I just think you're crazy, and I don't give a damn."
Unlimited anger welled up within me. Anger had always been the driving force that pushed me forward. I had come this far fueled by the anger of losing my family and my homeland being burned.
"But you know, I'm angry now... at you guys."
A dark emotion swirled within my chest. No matter how much my body hurts or how much I suffer, it allows me to stand up again and again.
"Why are you making Beato cry?"
I tried to grab Levia's face with all the intent to kill. Overwhelmingly strong? Far superior? It doesn't matter. Just a touch of my fingertip meant instant death, that's my Gift.
"...!"
Whether she flinched or was trying to avoid being touched, Levia jumped backwards. The speed at which she moved back was at a level that could be easily tracked with the eye.
I understand now, that nonsense high-speed movement is a Gift ability. Without channeling magic power, it can't be used in a moment's notice.
Now, with this understanding, how should I break free from this situation? If only I had a little more fighting power, there would be various options. Seriously, where is Joana at a time like this...!
"Beato, there you are...!"
Ah, the situation has gotten even worse.
"Why?! Strah, why did you come back?!"
"Because Beato is not with us! I can't just leave her!"
Strah and the other two have returned to this place. Well, they would naturally search if they thought someone was lost. There was no time to explain the situation to Strah and the others. Moreover, I didn't even know how dangerous these guys really are anyway.
"Leave Beato to me and run as far away as you can!"
"Indeed, it's quite surprising. I didn't expect to find the Second Princess here."
"I knew about her, but it's not our mission."
"But it is hers. So, detain her."
This is bad; their interest has shifted...!
This Princess Pernelle is just a double, but it's not guaranteed that the other two won't be harmed. Moreover, if Princess Pernelle is captured, this battle will be over. It's unlikely that the other two will continue to fight me while carrying their baggage. In other words, Beato will be taken.
Beato will be kidnapped...!
"...Guh! Run, quickly!!"
It's no use; even if I shout, I won't make it in time. When the female demon activates her Gift, it will be over in an instant...
"Storm Wall!"
At that moment, a turbulent barrier was erected in front of Strah and the others. Levia, who had tried to move quickly, cancelled the activation of her Gift.
"...Tch."
Even someone like her seems to have difficulty penetrating at that speed through a flurry of wind cutters. Raid is standing to protect the three, deploying a wind barrier. With Raid's arrival, that means...
"Phew, it looks like we made it just in time, Balge."
"Yeah, it was a close call."
They came after all. The leader attacks from behind the middle-aged demon who had captured Beato.
"Nu... a new move!"
As expected, he reacted quickly. The demon referred to as Mordo enters an evasive stance immediately. But, the leader is truly formidable.
He seems to have judged that he couldn't avoid it while holding Beato, so he let go of her. In that instant, I sprinted at full speed toward the fallen Beato.
"Beato!"
I held her slender body in my arms.
"Are you okay? No injuries!?"
She nods, and I'm relieved. Thank goodness, really relieved...
...But I can't just stay here being happy. I pulled Beato closer with my remaining arm, keeping my gaze and the tip of my weapon focused on the enemy with all the anger and killing intent I can muster.
"Beato, never leave my side. I will protect you, Beato."
"…!!!"
Honestly, ever since I killed Brutoyge, I've been feeling a bit floaty. I lost sight of my purpose and didn't know what to do. Even becoming the just cause for the leaders was just a temporary feeling. So, this feeling right now. Killing these guys who are targeting Beato to protect her. This feeling is simple and clear, and it makes me feel like myself.
"..."
...Hmmm? I catch a glimpse of Beato's face out of the corner of my eye, and it's redder than ever.
What's wrong?
The leader, on the other hand, had attacked Mordo several times with his right-hand sword. But all those attacks were either avoided or intercepted with a hand chop, and the two of them moved apart.
...I didn't see it wrong, right? Intercepting a sword with a hand chop?
"Leader, you're late!"
"Sorry, I was talking to Joanna for a moment."
...Joanna? But aren't the leaders and that person... together...?
Anyway, with this development, the situation has tilted slightly in our favor. We're still in a dire situation, but it's changed a little.
***
"Hehe, Kyrie-chan, you made such a nice face, saying 'I'll protect Beato,' as if you're a hero of justice."
I was secretly watching from the roof of the equipment shop, and I got to see an interesting scene. You've really changed, Kyrie-chan. But you see, I can't have you changing. You must remain the merciless avenging demon you are.
"I'll fan the flames of your hatred, and you'll continue to kill as a hero, just like you always have..."
At this rate, you'll become a beautiful Kyrie-chan. I need to provide aftercare as soon as possible.
"By the way, hehe. I wonder what kind of face you'll make when you find out there are still two more enemies you need to kill... hehehe..."
I'm really looking forward to your reaction by then...
***Read at novelworldtranslations.blogspot.com***
***Please check out ko-fi.com/kettle1!***
***In there you can support the translation and you can also get to read advance chapters!***
[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

Oh dear. Brutogyu killed Kyries village on the advice of that character whose name I can't remember. It was all to develop Kyrie into... Something.
ReplyDelete