The Tale of the Teapot Hero’s Revenge Chapter 65 - My enemy



[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

 

Chapter 65 My enemy

 

I wondered if Leader had taken significant damage. His running looked unsteady, and it's too dark to see clearly, but he also seemed to have a pale complexion. Yes, I should use that to help him recover quickly.

"Hey, Leader, there's something good here—"

...Huh?

I searched my left back pocket, but there's nothing there. No matter how much I pat it, I'm just patting my own butt.

"Wait, what!? No way..."

Could it be that I dropped it somewhere!? Losing something as important as 【Healing】...

What am I even doing!

"Kyrie-chan, what's wrong?"

"Oh, um, it's nothing..."

This is bad; where could I have dropped it? I didn't have time to go back and search for it. I wanted to return to Beato quickly, and far behind us, a large number of monsters were attacking the soldiers, borne from a demon who could summon and control monsters. In other words, that's the ability of the 【Gift】 they possess.

"A demon with 【Gift】... What are they planning by attacking like this?"

"...? Kyrie-san, you seem to know something. Can you tell us more?"

Raid-san, don't you have that information?

It's quite a distance to the eastern sector, so let's exchange information during that time. The Gift Sphere that Brutogyu had. I had been told that Paladis is probably involved.

Raid-san told me about the enemy's identity, the direct subordinate unit of the first prince of the Demon clan, Taltus.

"I see. So, to summarize the situation, the enemy is a very small part of the Demon army, only a hundred people. Five of them have infiltrated the capital, and all of them possess Paladis's secret treasure. Their goal is unknown, but judging from what that guy said earlier, they probably want to overthrow the kingdom."

"Paladis, who remained neutral and didn't ally with anyone, is lending a hand to the Demon army. It smells fishy. What will happen to the independence of Stige and how the situation will change, that's a problem too."

I'll leave that discussion to those two.

Now, while running to the east in the vast capital, I noticed something. The noble district around the royal castle seemed quite chaotic, with flying wyverns and all. Well, the nobles closed themselves in their mansions and had their private soldiers guard them.

But as soon as I moved a little away from the castle, the city was back to normal. Smoke began to rise from the direction of the royal castle, and some people noticed that something had happened, but for the most part, it was business as usual.

"...They might not be as reckless as I thought. Maybe their only goal is to capture the royal castle—"

...Or not. My thoughts were too naive. As soon as I entered the eastern sector, I was left speechless by the scene in front of me.

"Kyrie-chan, they seem to be rampaging."

As the leader said, this was insane. Every house within my field of vision had been damaged in some way. Windows were broken, doors were blown off, and there were holes in the walls.

I wondered if they evacuated since there's no sign of people.

"There aren't any bodies lying around, so it doesn't seem like their purpose is a massacre. If their goal isn't a massacre, then what is their purpose?"

"Beato... Beato!!"

I felt an intense sense of foreboding and sprinted at full speed. It's hard to believe they're just engaged in meaningless acts of destruction that would only draw resentment. It's also strange that only the eastern sector was being vandalized.

"Hey, Kyrie-chan! Damn it, let's follow them, Raid!"

"Yeah...!"

In that case, what's the purpose of the culprits? It seemed like they are searching for something hidden. These guys were connected to Paladis, after all. If that something turns out to be what I suspect...

- Crash!!

The sound of destruction was heard in the distance, nearby Raid's tool shop. Our area hasn't been affected yet. But...

"Ahhhhhh!!"

"Run! Run!"

"Mom, where are you?!"

I'm swallowed up by the fleeing panicked crowd. The residents seem to be fleeing toward the eastern gate of the capital. I managed to push through and finally arrived at Raid's shop. I then kicked the door wide open and call out as loudly as I can.

"Beato, are you safe?"

There's no response, but there didn't seem to be any damage either. I waited calmly for a while, and then a door leading to the basement behind the counter rises, and Beato rushes out.

"Beato!"

"..."

As soon as she saw my face, she exploded with joy and jumped on me with an ecstatic smile. I held her thin, light body, wrapped my arms around her, and hugged her tightly to my chest.

"I'm so glad, Beato... I'm really relieved you're safe..."

"...?! ...?!"

Huh? I wondered why; she's pushing and trying to slip out of my arms.

"Oh, sorry. Were you uncomfortable, maybe?"

"...!"

It didn't seem like that as she's shaking her head vigorously. And her face was all red.

"...Why are you doing this so suddenly after coming back?"

"It's surprising. Kyrie-nee-san hugged her back...!"

Slightly later than Beato, the three remaining team members also emerged. Strah gave me a piercing look, Mel seemed intrigued, and Belle, in her princess dress, was here too.

Wait, wasn't Belle supposed to head to the castle? Oh, I see, so this must be her double. She looked exactly like her.

"I'd like to hear all the details, but did you manage to avenge yourself?"

"Yeah, I've settled everything. The leader and the others are safe too."

"I see, and my brother... Yeah, that's good!"

Hmm, Strah had a nice smile which made me wonder if I'll ever be able to smile like that someday.

"So, what's been happening with all this noise going on? It's pretty chaotic outside..."

"We don't have time to explain. But Beato might be in danger."

The sound of destruction was getting closer and closer. If my prediction was correct, then the source of this noise should be looking for Beato. We needed to escape before they find her.

"So, everyone, get ready to run..."

- Crash!!

...But it's too late. The wall behind me crumbled. Bursting into the shop was a middle-aged male Demon with a mustache and a young silver-haired female Demon.

"...We've found our target, Levia."

"The other half of the Holy Maiden has been hiding in the eastern sector, just as the information said."

Their conversation made it clear that these two were targeting Beato. In other words, these two are my enemies. Without any further ado, I motioned to grab each of their faces with both hands.

"...Hero...!"

"I see, you really are like a mad dog, just as the information said."

Both of them flew backward at the same time, and my preemptive attack missed. Nevertheless, I successfully managed to push them out of the store.

"Everyone, hurry up and escape through the back door!"

I didn't have time to look back. The moment I break eye contact with them, I would be killed. I'm absolutely sure of that. The two in front of me were vastly superior to me.

"O-Okay! Don't do anything reckless, Kyrie!"

I heard Strah's voice, the sound of running, and the door closing. Damn it, what's that Joana guy doing at a time like this? I told her to take care of Beato!

"...Oh, Levia, your Gift is indeed terrifying."

...Huh?

"Target captured. Mission accomplished. I've fulfilled my responsibility."

"Beato...?!"

Before I know it, Beato had been captured by that female Demon named Levia! This can't be true; I didn't break eye contact! When and how did they move to capture Beato!?

"Therefore, from here on, it's not part of the mission. Can I act according to personal feelings?"

"Go ahead... I won't interfere with that."

"Understood. Hero, you will die for me, for my 'revenge.'"

 

***Read at novelworldtranslations.blogspot.com***

***Please check out ko-fi.com/kettle1!***

***In there you can support the translation and you can also get to read advance chapters!***


[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

Comments

  1. Did she really fucking drop the healing sphere? Goddammit Kyrie, you useless fucking lesbian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing Joanna took the healing gift

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joanna always felt sus to me, she most likely took the gift

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment