The Tale of the Teapot Hero’s Revenge Chapter 64 - A desperate defence



[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

 

Chapter 64 - A desperate defence

 

"Hey, what the hell is that!"

"Monsters in the middle of the city!?"

Oh boy, the resistance folks who laid eyes on the summoned creatures were starting to panic.

This is bad; if they go into a full-blown panic...

"Calm down! All members of the Resistance, immediately rendezvous with the Knights at the training ground and escape from the west gate of the castle!"

Great call, Raid. With that command, chaos was averted, and everyone started running towards the west side of the castle. However, we couldn't relax just yet.

"Gaaaaah!!"

First to attack was the lizardman, wielding a jagged sword roughly and slashing away. The attacks were monotonous. Brandishing my Sword Breaker in a reverse grip-

"Hey, hey, looks like you haven't even taken care of your sword. With that kind of blade..."

"Gyaaa!"

I parried the strike and then entangled his weapon with my sword.

"It'll snap in no time."

I twisted it slightly, and the blade snapped.  With a single motion, I sliced the lizardman into bits with my sword covered in Renki. Raid probably couldn't even see my sword flash, could he?

"Gyuaaah!"

With a death scream, the Lizardman turned into a pile of flesh. I wiped the blood off the blade, which was dripping with blood. I turned my by back at the fallen Lizardman and pointed my sword to Rugolf.

"What's wrong with you? A bunch of monsters like this. I'll take them down one by one."

"Damn, you're really annoying... Alright, I'll grant your wish."

As Rugolf chanted into the ring, three Wyverns charged in this time. These guys, there's no need to bother engaging them further. Before they reached me…

"Tempest!"

All three of them were swallowed up by the turbulent airflow activated by Raid,  and had their wings torn apart before crashing to the ground. I aimed for them while they struggled on the ground, and three Wind Edge sliced through their necks.

"That's not it, Balge. It's not you they want to kill. It's us."

"You're right; I hope you're with me."

The entire Resistance had fled towards the main camp. For now, it's a relief, but our combat strength has taken a significant hit in exchange for our comrades' safety.

Now, before I could even think about what to do, a resounding, brave voice echoes through the square.

"Don't forget about us!"

"Don't let your names tarnish by entrusting the kingdom's crisis to your highness alone!"

"That's right! Now is the time for us to unite and fight!"

The kingdom's soldiers who had remained quietly in the square, even after disarming themselves, are now rising with weapons in hand. Despite their earlier actions, they had kept their weapons piled up around them. It appears Raid's idea of having them ready as reinforcements wasn't a miscalculation.

"...I'm grateful. You're incredibly reliable!"

With this, our combat strength is more than enough, at least in terms of numbers. Now, all that's left was to hold this place until my big brother and Kyrie-chan achieve their revenge and the mastermind behind it all, Brutogyu, is defeated.

"Stay on your guard, everyone!"

 

***

 

"With this one...!"

-Shlurp!

My sword was thrust into the monster boar's head, skewering it right through to the brain. Leaping down from the fallen behemoth, I lightly wiped the blood from the blade.

I wondered how long we've been fighting. The number of soldiers had been reduced by half. But we can still do this. Except for those wyverns rampaging far away, there's only one Chimera left.

"Hmm, not bad. I haven't really gotten serious yet, though."

That's right. Rugolf had been standing there all this time. Besides sending the monsters to attack, he hadn't given any orders.

"Well, I guess it'll end with this. Go ahead, Chimera."

And here it comes. It's over ten meters tall. It has a lion's head, a tiger's body, griffon wings, and a snake for a tail. A bizarre mix of creatures. Its strength is incomparable to the monsters we've faced so far.

"Haaah!"

Moreover, its roar sounds eerie, like a baby's cry.

"Don't falter, everyone, attack!"

The soldiers from the kingdom were impressive. They didn't back down from that huge creature, and several of them went forward.

"Raid, provide support! Don't let anyone die!"

"I know, you too, don't die!"

With the magical support of Raid and the mage squad, I charged into battle as well. The creature swept its massive front legs like a tree, turning about five soldiers into a bloody mist. The power was beyond what a normal person can withstand. I had to put all my determination into this.

"Haaah!"

Magic rushes towards its face, but only Raid seems to be unaffected by it. His Wind Edge only left a small cut on his face. But he managed to startle it. As it turned its face away, I rushed up its front leg and leaped onto its back.

"Sorry, but I'll make you sink quickly!"

My target was its neck. A stab there with my sword, and any creature would go down with a single blow.

"Balge, behind you!"

At the moment I tried to thrust my sword, Raid desperately shouted a warning. When I turned around, two snake tails from behind the creature approached with unbelievable speed, their fangs exposed. Does this guy's tail have a mind of its own!? It's too fast to dodge!

-Ping...!

"Damn...!"

The tip of the fang grazed my arm. It was just a minor scratch, but it threw off my balance, and I almost slipped.

"Eeeeeeennn!!"

-Crash, crash!

On top of that, the creature flapped its wings on its back and created a storm. It seemed determined to throw me off completely.

"Crap...!"

In this unstable position, there's no way to regain my balance! My body was easily blown away and slammed into the ground.

"Are you okay, Balge?"

"Yeah, somehow..."

I didn't get hurt, but this isn't good. The Chimera was opening its mouth, gathering magical power in its throat. I didn't know what it's up to, but it seemed ominous. So, what should I do in this situation...?

First, I need to get the soldiers out of its line of fire...

"Leader, Raid-san!"

 

***

 

I can see them. Thank goodness, both of them are still safe. Everyone from the resistance is missing, but there are no bodies lying around, so I'm sure these two helped them escape.

...In exchange for that, there are a lot of dead kingdom soldiers.

"Kyrie-chan! Our business is..."

"Finished!"

"I see. I see! Alright, let's run, Raid!"

"Yeah, let's run. The situation is uncertain, so let's run away first, to our hometown!"

Both of them look happy.

...Yeah, the next thing I need to do is ensure they set foot on their hometown soil safely.

"So, to do that, we just need to kill that thing. It's simple and straightforward, right?"

That huge lion... no, bird? I don't really know, but it seems to be accumulating magical power in its mouth, which looks bad. Luckily, I brought that with me, just in case.

"Go!"

I levitate the dead Wyvern, filled with magical power, with its blood. I send the huge water bag flying towards the creature with all my might. When the massive creature approaches, it turns its head upwards.

-Boom!!

A powerful magical energy beam shoots upwards, slicing through the clouds.

...Yeah, I feel like I just witnessed something incredible. How strong is this monster? But that's not my concern. As long as it's a living being, one touch equals instant death.

"Explode!"

I instantly make the Wyvern's corpse boil and burst, showering the creature with boiling flesh and bone splinters. It staggers significantly, and while it's still in shock, I reach its front. I jump, touch its head with my fingertip, and send my magical energy deep inside.

"Eeeeh!?"

-Zzuuun...!

I burst its brain, and the creature dies instantly, falling to the ground. What surprised me, though, is that despite being near the Wyvern's blast area, the monster and the demon beside it remain completely untouched. They managed to avoid all of it. Impressive.

"Hey, who are you...?"

"I'm Kyrie Minaret. I'm kind of a hero. What about you?"

"Oh, a hero? Then you're not my target..."

The demon spoke to me when I landed. I'm pretty sure he's one of those five.

"If you've already finished your business, won't you leave us alone...?"

"...Well, for enemies, he's acting kind of strange. Is he implying that they don't intend to fight us?"

"We appreciate your advice. But if Lady Pernelle is still inside, we cannot flee. We are prepared for this. We won't say anything further."

Raid advised them to leave, but it seems like the soldiers are staying behind. They will probably be wiped out, but they seem to have their pride.

"...Balge, Kyrie-san, let's go!"

Leaving the soldiers and the enemy demons behind, the three of us start running. Towards Raid's weapon shop in the eastern district of the royal city, where Beato is waiting. ...Huh? Leader, why are you running so slowly?

"Leader, are you okay? Can you keep going?"

"I took quite a beating. My entire body hurts... and I also feel a little cold. Well, it's probably just my imagination."

 

***

 

"He was... scratched by the Chimera's tail, right? Those fangs have the 'Three Nights' deadly poison... but it doesn't matter to me. Whether he dies or become stronger..."

 

***Read at novelworldtranslations.blogspot.com***

***Please check out ko-fi.com/kettle1!***

***In there you can support the translation and you can also get to read advance chapters!***


[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

Comments

  1. I just love Kyrie's power. Especially given that she comes from a world that doesn't have modern chemistry and biology, her magic helping her learn that humans are just water, has been really great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe beato can cure his poison

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cada dia evoluciona más

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment