[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]
Chapter 63 - Demon Race with the【Gift】
A horde of werewolves was closing in. I lead the charge and leap into their midst, wrapping my right-hand sword with Renki, focusing it on my blade.
"Renki - Keen Edge!"
While it's a basic technique to sharpen the blade, it's almost too good for these small fry. I cut down the unruly group of creatures, attacking at various times and with no coordination.
"Everyone, stay back, we've got this."
Raid gave orders for the other resistance members to wait. Then, he pointed the tip of his staff at the werewolf horde—wait a minute.
"Tempest!"
A gust of wind erupted from his staff, turning into blades that swirl around and slice up the entire pack of werewolves, turning them into pieces of flesh.
Hey, next time, let me know if you're going to use area magic. I was inside the pack, you know...
"That's good teamwork, Balge."
"...Right. We'll take that as a sign of trust, partner."
At any rate, the inexplicable horde of werewolves had been completely wiped out.
"Ugh... Why am I the one attacking the royal castle? Damn it, they got a little too big for their britches because they're a bit stronger..."
At that moment, I heard a heavy sigh. A man, scratching his head, was walking toward us.
"Hey, you, stop right there."
"Hmm...? What's up? Stop it, don't look at me with such a scary face..."
This guy seemed awfully jittery and timid. It was dark, so I couldn't see well from a distance, but as he got closer, I noticed his pale face and pointed ears. There's no doubt about it, this guy is a demon. His hair is black, and for some reason, he looks really gloomy.
"What do you want? I don't have any business with you guys. Just leave me alone..."
Upon closer inspection, he's wearing the uniform of the demon nation of Corcut. However, it looked like he doesn't have any weapons or armor. He didn't look ready for battle at all...
"Who are you? If you don't have any business with us, why did you come here?"
"I'm Rugolf... I mean, it's obvious why I came... I came to kill everyone in this castle..."
"Kill everyone? Well, that doesn't sound peaceful."
No doubt about it, this guy was one of the five that the soldier mentioned.
"By the way, Judas told me, but you guys are the resistance, right? And you wiped out my werewolf unit... Don't get in my way."
Judas... The name of the oracle, used by Paladis. These guys were connected, it's safer to assume that. So, the werewolf horde was also his doing.
"So, you knew about our presence and movements and attacked at this timing, right?"
"You should be able to figure that out..."
"Can I take that as a yes? So, what about the Kingdom's front line with 15,000 soldiers?"
"We killed them all by ourselves... Haha, they were so weak."
Nice going, Raid. We've gathered some valuable information. These guys were undoubtedly Prince Taltus's forces from Corcut. They knew about our rebellion and specifically attacked at this time. This situation might be more dangerous than we thought.
"...But to be honest, I don't really like fighting. So, I left the fighting to these guys."
What...? He's sticking out his fist. What is he planning to do?
"Appear, Summon...!"
As the gem on his ring emited a magical light, numerous magic circles appeared around him. What emerged from them...
"Monsters...?"
"Foolish, this kind of specialized magic is impossible... unless you have the Hero's Gift..."
Several dangerous-looking creatures surround Rugolf. There were various creatures like a massive bull and wyverns. They even had the mysterious, multi-beast entity known as the Chimera.
"That's right, it is a Gift. This one is called 【Domination】. Explaining it is tiresome."
What the heck, this guy's demeanor changed suddenly. His timid atmosphere gave way to a confident and irritated, chilling gaze.
"If you're going to get in my way, it's fine. Kill them all, everyone."
Crap, I can't read the situation. But what we need to do is clear.
"Raid, give me all you've got! Until it's over!"
"Of course."
***
"Just five people attacking... Is this a joke? And what are all those monsters flying around?"
"One of the enemies summoned them. Using the Hero's Gift Sphere and the Gift it contains."
Joanna seemed to know about the Hero's Gift Sphere. That's not surprising since she's from Paladis. More importantly, what's crucial now...
"So that means all five of the attackers have Gifts, right?"
"I appreciate you catching on quickly. Right now, there's a battle happening in the main square in front of the main gate. Other places might be dangerous too. We should escape from this city immediately!"
The main square in front of the main gate... that's where the leaders are, isn't it? They must be fighting those dangerous individuals. We can't just leave them behind. I was just looking for something to do.
"Joanna, we can put off escaping for now. I'm going to support the leaders right away. You should return to the weapon shop first and take care of Beato... Beato and the others."
"I'll gather my knights and the resistance's attack squad for now and head to the main camp where the princess is. I'm worried about them as well."
"Yes, Gilius. Take care of that."
"If we both make it through, let's meet again. Kyrie, Joanna. And please, pass on my regards to Balge too."
Gilius rushed towards the audience hall where everyone was waiting, bidding farewell. I hopped onto the terrace railing, then leaped onto it. Time was precious, running inside the castle was a needless detour.
"Kyrie, you've changed. Risking your own safety for the sake of the leaders."
"...It's not like that, really. But if I've changed, it's probably because I've avenged... or maybe it's thanks to Beato."
"Beato means a lot to you."
"...I'm not sure, but I entrusted this to you because I trust you."
"It's a significant responsibility. Understood, go and return safely."
She gave me a little pat on the behind, specifically my left one, twice.
"Hey, cut it out, you can't do that to a girl!"
"Ugh... Well then, see you later."
She said that without looking back, then jumped down from the terrace. She landed on a small protrusion below and from there, she hopped across window frames and terraces, swiftly descending.
"GYAAAAAHH!!"
Oh, one of those wyverns that had been flying around decided to open its giant maw and attack. Did it take me for a snack or something?
"Let's give it a try."
My powers have increased further since killing Brutogyu. I wanted to experiment a bit with this one.
I avoided its biting attack while curving along the wall, all while falling. We crossed paths, and I grabbed onto its horn after kicking off the wall. With its horn as the pivot, I spun and landed on its back. Without hesitation, I placed my hand near its heart.
"Take this, Crushing Blast!!"
-BOOM!
As I channeled my magic, the ribs and internal organs burst, and the wyvern's body plummeted to the ground. I remained on top.
There was a squishing sound as the wyvern's flesh acted like a cushion, almost nullifying the impact of the fall. I'd made it all the way down in one successful shortcut.
Now, no time for daydreaming. I sprinted at full speed toward the main square in front of the main gate to deliver the news to the leader and Raid: it's all over, they don't need to fight anymore.
***Read at novelworldtranslations.blogspot.com***
***Please check out ko-fi.com/kettle1!***
***In there you can support the translation and you can also get to read advance chapters!***
[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

Honestly, not the twist I was expecting, but certainly not unwelcome.
ReplyDeleteAnd Kyrie mustve gained a truly enormous amount of power from killing Brutogyu given how strong he was.
Now all that's left is for her to kiss Beato.