The Tale of the Teapot Hero’s Revenge Chapter 62 - An army of only five people



[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

 

Chapter 62 An army of only five people

 

I thought I somehow understood why Mel-chan cried at that moment. Even though I've taken my revenge, my family won't return. It's all over, but I can't laugh happily at all.

...Come to think of it, how do you even laugh? I've forgotten how.

"Uaaaah, aaaaahhh...!"

Tears overflowed and didn't stop. I see, taking revenge doesn't make you feel refreshed, does it?

...However, somehow, I felt like there was closure in my feelings, just somehow.

"...Kyrie."

"Uh, Gilius-san..."

"Lift your head, stand tall. You're a hero who took down a tyrant."

After lightly patting my shoulder, Gilius-san took Brutogyu's skull and spoke loudly to his subordinates.

"Everyone, Brutogyu is dead! The tyrant has been defeated by the hero! Our victory! Let our triumph resound throughout the city, nay, the entire capital!"

He proclaimed victory loudly.

"Uoooooooh!"

Then, the victory cheers of the knights, so loud that it seemed like they might be heard throughout the entire city, echoed through the audience hall. Among the members of the resistance, some were crying just like me.

"Yeah."

That's right, I can't stay crouched like this forever. I have to report to Leader and Raid-san that I killed Brutogyu. Those two are probably waiting the most.

I wiped my tears roughly with my right sleeve and stood up. I'll let them know I've avenged him, and then return to Beato and the others, and then...

What's next? Huh, what am I going to do next?

"Kyrie, what's wrong? I thought you stood up energetically, but you're spacing out again."

"...Ah, it's nothing. It's nothing, Gilius-san. I'm okay."

I tried to act tough, but I don't know what to do now. What should I aim for, how should I live? I'm really lost, I don't know.

"Let's go, to inform the leaders."

The only thing that's clear as something to do right now is that. So, when I took a step towards that rather simple goal, Joanna appeared.

"There you are, Kyrie-chan!"

Joanna rushed into the audience hall. I wonder what happened, why is she in such a hurry? She's out of breath and sweating profusely.

"What's wrong? What have you been doing all this time? We just killed Brutogyu, and you show up now?"

"Oh, Kyrie-chan, you did it! That's fantastic news! But, we've got the worst bad news here!"

...What on earth is going on?

"Anyway, come over to the terrace! You'll understand the situation right away! Gilius-san, come with us!"

Joanna urgently beckoned. She seemed to be in a hurry, and knowing her, the situation might be really bad. Gilius-san's expression, which had relaxed slightly, returned to the tension of battle.

"...Shall we go? It's a bit scary."

"We can't just not check. You guys stay here!"

We nodded in agreement and confirmed our plan. Gilius-san gave instructions, and I put the 【Healing】 sphere into my left back pocket. Then, I ran with Joanna's guidance.

Now, what happened? The worst-case scenario would be that the fifteen thousand troops from the front line have returned, but...

We followed Joanna through the corridor and burst out onto the fifth-floor terrace of the royal castle. The view there was, of course, the night scenery of the capital. However, it's probably not the usual night scenery of the capital. There's smoke rising from here and there, and unknown creatures are flying around, screaming.

"...Huh? Hey, what's this? Joanna, what's going on?"

What's going on is all I can say. What on earth is this?

"It's an attack. An enemy attack."

"Enemy...? Who's the enemy...?"

"The enemy is five people. Just five troops are trying to take over the capital."

 

■...Several dozen minutes ago...■

 

Just a little while ago, we received information that Kyrie-chan and the others had entered a battle with Brutogyu. Thanks to the messengers delivering the information, we can stay in front of the main gate while knowing the situation inside the castle.

"Kyrie-chan's attack squad has been inside the castle for almost an hour now. It's going incredibly smoothly. Isn't that right, Raid?"

"Don't get complacent, Balge. Let's stay vigilant until the end."

"I understand. Our job is to protect this place to the end so that Kyrie-chan and the others can take revenge as much as they want. However..."

Up to this point, we've fought against three of Brutogyu's high-ranking generals and the private army of five nobles. Those tough guys who came at us like that were probably the last. Or maybe they're confident that Brutogyu has lost, and they're thinking about their future. In any case, the attacks have stopped for about twenty minutes.

"Isn't this going well? Even the tension of being on guard all the time is starting to loosen."

"That's true... Mm, someone's coming."

Oops, I quickly sharpen my focus and look where Raid is gazing. Running towards us are soldiers from the Kingdom's army, but there's only one of them.

"...There doesn't seem to be any attack. You there, stop!"

"Who are you!? Notify the Knights, tell Gilius-sama to come quickly!"

"Gilius...? Hey, Gilius is busy right now! First, who are you?"

"I'm a watchman on the wall! Please call Gilius-sama quickly, without him, we can't do anything!"

"Calm down! Tell us what happened, for now!"

This watchman has a half-crying face, as if the end of the world had arrived. An uneasy feeling welled up, and I grabbed his shoulders and questioned him.

"Th-there's an enemy attack! There are about a hundred enemy soldiers, and five of them came out, and one of them punched the iron gate open! One punch, and it crumpled and flew like a wooden door..."

"Punch...? Wait a minute, the iron gate of the southern gate of the capital is made of steel more than five meters thick.  It is also no less than fifty metres in size. Are you saying that one person punched it open?"

Raid looks like he can't believe it. I agree, I can't believe it either. If there really is someone like that and they're attacking the capital...

"Ugh, uaaaaaahhhhhhh!"

I heard a scream, and it snapped me back to reality as I was concentrating on my thoughts. The one screaming was the watchman. He looked at the street to the south, panicked, and fled to the east. What's happening now?

"Hey... What the hell is that..."

Unbelievable scenes made me say those words involuntarily. A large group of spearmen is running down the wide avenue that stretches straight from the city gate to the southern gate of the capital. Wait, weren't there only five enemies?

No, it's different. Those are not spear-wielding troops.

"...Is that...!?"

Monsters that live in the nearby forest, which were also used for Kyrie-chan's special training. They're all running toward the royal castle, holding spears they've carved from wood. They're charging toward us.

"What the hell, but are they awake?"

"It's hard to believe, but... For now, Balge, it seems they're coming this way."

"...I see. Then there's only one thing to do."

Raid and I nodded at each other. He held a sword in his right hand and a staff in his left. Raid was a step behind me.

"Zette, it seems we can't let them through here. We're right in the middle of something important. I'm sorry, but could you take care of them?"

***Read at novelworldtranslations.blogspot.com***

***Please check out ko-fi.com/kettle1!***

***In there you can support the translation and you can also get to read advance chapters!***


[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

Comments