The Tale of the Teapot Hero’s Revenge Chapter 54 - Incomplete Secret Technique



[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

 

Chapter 54 - Incomplete Secret Technique

 

As for the small fries, I guessed Ilyria and the surviving members managed to do their best. In fact, right now, Ilyria just killed the last person.

"Hey, Coda. Isn't this the end already? The vanguard team has been wiped out, right?"

I expected him to be terrified and desperate, but...

"He, hahaha. Going this far was unexpected. But, you know, I have a backup plan."

"...Huh?"

He's grinning, this piece of trash. What is he thinking? Did he expect this situation to be within his calculations?

"Don't just keep staring at me; why not look up higher?"

"Higher...?"

It's just that there's an expensive-looking chandelier hanging there...

"What... is that?"

Looking up, beyond the chandelier hanging from the second floor, even higher up near the dark ceiling. In the dimly lit space just below the very high ceiling, there was a massive boulder, large enough to crush the entire first-floor hall. Because it was above the lighting, the shadow couldn't be seen!

"He-hero-dono, what is that?"

"Don't ask me! I have no idea!"

How in the world did they...? Wait, did the magicians not attack until now because they were making this!?

"Hahaha! A massive rock formed by the combination of the magic power of the magician team, rivaling top-tier magic!"

"...And you think I can't avoid that?"

"Right, you probably can. But what about the Resistance and the members of the Third Order?"

This scumbag is using everyone as hostages...!

"Will you leave them and escape alone? I won't stop you."

...Does he think that saying this will prevent me from avoiding it? If it comes to it, I'll abandon everyone and still make your head burst open.

"But only if you can get through this."

Coda snapped his fingers, and we were then surrounded by a flaming whirlwind. The red flames were swirling up to a height where even jumping wouldn't help. A combination of a wall of fire and a swirling vortex made by fire and wind magicians. I see, there weren't only earth magicians in his cadre.

"Now, try charging into the storm of flames! By the time you get out, you'll be nothing but charred remains!"

Damn it, even the escape route was blocked.

"What should I do...? Even I can't destroy such a massive rock now... What should I do...!"

"...I can do it."

...Huh, really? This greenhorn female knight could break such a massive rock?

"With the secret technique Gilius-dono taught me, I can definitely destroy it!"

Was she serious? I couldn't help but feel uneasy. Can I entrust everything to her, including my life?  

In that melee, the five resistance members were reduced to three. As for the knights, all seven of them were safe. Was this all thanks to Ilyria's efforts? Could it be that this gal was truly strong? Could she really do something about that island-like huge rock?

"Everyone, gather around me!"

She called the surviving members with remarkable confidence.

"Hero-dono, come over here too!"

"O-okay..."

Well, there's nothing I could do in this situation. I had no choice but to follow her, half believing and half doubting.

"Hahaha! What are you planning to do? Even in this vast country, only Gilius and Father can destroy this massive rock!"

"Then remember this! There is one more person here! Engrave the name of Ilyria Ulysses in your heart!"

Yeah, she's acting quite big.

"Funny, then I'll remember you. As long as those words are not empty boasts! Magicians, drop it!"

Following Coda's order, the immensely massive rock that was floating began to fall. We got about one second until it crashes down. What would she do?

"Haah!!"

Ilyria enveloped her entire body with Renki. Not just her hands or feet, but her whole body. Her Renki was transmitted to the sword, creating a massive Qi blade.

"Renki - Great Destructive Cutting Blade!!!"

The transparent giant blade poised high above came swinging down.

Zugagagagagaaah!!

The ultra-huge rock was split into two, as if being shaved off, by the massive light pillar-like sword. Even the expensive-looking chandelier wasn't spared. The swung-down tip came dangerously close to Coda, who was standing right in front of it.

"Coda-nii-sama!!"

Was it Kamil? That idiot screamed. But he did nothing else but scream. Coda was pushed away, and the one who took the hit from the light blade was one of the guard magician soldiers. He sacrificed his body to protect that kind of guy. It seemed that he's quite popular.

Zuugghh...

The two halves of the large rock missed us and crashed down on both sides of the hall. The impact caused the fire whirlwind to dissipate. Now the lighting were only the lamps and candles on the walls and the second-floor corridor, making it somewhat dim.

...Wait, what's this?

The huge guy standing by the wall, did one of the rock's halves crush him?

"Wow, you did it, Ilyria!"

"Amazing job, miss!"

The knight order members were making noise. Honestly, I was surprised too. Coda, on the other hand, must be feeling quite bitter. Is he on the verge of dying from frustration?

"Kuh, kuku... ... Ahaha, that was unexpected... ... However, I still have another trick up my sleeve."

"...How bothersome."

Ilyria collapsed in a sprawled position. Where did her reliability from earlier go?

"O-Oh, a secret technique... Great Destructive Cutting Blade... Taught to me by Gilius-dono... but I haven't mastered it yet!"

"Once you use it, you won't be in any condition to do anything else, huh?"

"...Y-Yes..."

It was an incomplete secret technique. Ilyria seemed to be incapacitated. But the match is already settled—.

"Kukuku, kahahaha, hahahaha!"

What's this? Coda suddenly stood up and burst into laughter. Could it be that he's gone crazy from shock?

"Well done! Well done, Ilyria Ulysses! I'll grant your wish and remember your name! The technique that Gilius designated as an ultimate skill, using the full power of Renki to greatly enhance physical abilities, enabling the use of even extraordinary techniques that would be impossible otherwise! I never expected you could pull it off!"

No, that's not it. This was laughter filled with confidence, as if he's certain of his victory.

"But it's a one-time thing! Can you do it again? If I drop another giant rock, you won't be able to stop it, will you?"

"What are you saying in this situation? The vanguard team is wiped out, and all three knights you were counting on are dead. Do you think you'll get another chance?"

"They're all dead, huh? Well, we'll see about that. Zekyu, release the limiter."

Coda snapped his fingers and gave an order with a smug grin.

But wait, Zekyu was crushed just now. And what does he mean by 'release the limiter'?

Zugaaann!!

"What, what was that just now!?"

Suddenly, a huge hole appeared in the giant rock that crushed Zekyu. It was like a tunnel opening up in an instant. He probably punched it open with a single blow. What kind of power is that?

"Fusee...shuu..."

And Zekyu emerged from the hole, completely unharmed. What's that? Is he really a human?

"Now, Zekyu, exterminate them all!"

"Muuh!"

He wielded his large sword with one hand, and poof, the next moment, he disappeared!?

"Gyaaaah!!"

"Hygyaaaah!!"

Turning around, I saw that all the surviving knights and members of the Resistance have already been cut down. He's become incredibly fast, killing ten people in an instant. He's like a different person from before.

"Muum!"

Next, he came at me, swinging his large sword with both hands.

Boom!

His sword speed was incomparable to before. His swung-down blade grazed my body, barely missing. Both his speed and power have greatly increased. This guy's strong!

"Hufufufu! Now, magicians, start your incantations! Although, Zekyu might take care of everything before you're done!"

That bastard was acting so smug. The magicians started creating another giant rock. If they hit us again, we wouldn't be able to defend ourselves. I had to kill him before that!

"Muuh!"

He performed a two-stage slash at a speed where I could see the afterimages. It's just too strange. From the hole in the giant rock to this, has this monster been hiding his true power all this time?

"Wait, no time to think!"

Even if he's fast and strong, his whole body was encased in armor, and inside the armor, he should be flesh and blood. I floated five fist-sized boiling water bullets from a leather bag, aiming carefully. The target was the gap in his full-face iron mask.  It's hard to see in the dark, but there must be eyes in there. I'd hit that place with boiling water.

"Go!"

Five shots fired in a homing mode.

"Nuu!"

He swiftly shot down three of them, but two bullets slipped through and reached inside the visor.

"Alright, this should...!"

He should be in agony from the heat and show a fatal opening. During that time, I'd remove his helmet and directly pour in my magical power to kill him!

"...Nuu!"

...Huh? Why was he completely unaffected? There was no reaction at all, and he still came at me swinging.

"Ilyria! Do you know anything about him!?"

Avoiding his strikes, I questioned the collapsed Ilyria. In the meantime, he's relentlessly launching fast attacks, leaving me no time to counterattack.

"Z-Zekyu is... from a rural area... h-his speech is... quiet... haa..."

"That doesn't matter; have there been any recent changes?"

"Recently... he... took off his armor... no one... saw... it... He eats alone... haa..."

"I see."

Perhaps that's it. Moreover, I had noticed something by observing him. It seems there's a pattern to his attacks. He swung down twice from the upper right, then once from the left. Three consecutive attacks were his limit, and then he stops moving for a moment. That's when I'd quickly close the distance, and—

"Take this!"

I lightly jumped and struck at the gap between his armor and helmet, aiming for his neck.

...Gagiiii!

"...As I thought."

He repelled it. I aimed for the gap, where his armor wasn't reinforced, but he repelled it. I expected this, so I kicked his chest and jumped away.

"Ilyria, he's not Zekyu. No, he's not even human. The real Zekyu is probably already dead."

"W-What are you saying...!?"

"Hufufu! Hero Kyrie, you're quite sharp. I don't dislike that about you."

What does this guy think of his subordinates?

"In the information Tario sent from Frejenta, there was something interesting. A magical soldier called a Magic Golem. It is said that one of the heroes created it and controlled it with his [Gift], a combat golem."

 

***Read at novelworldtranslations.blogspot.com***

***Please check out ko-fi.com/kettle1!***

***In there you can support the translation and you can also get to read advance chapters!***


[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

Comments