[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]
Chapter 46 - State of Tension
After Gilius-san, a redheaded person jumps in as I land. Who’s that...? Oh, it's that female knight from before. She's running towards me for some reason.
"You're safe, Hero!"
"As you can see, thanks to Gilius-san, I'm alive. He arrived just in time."
There might have been a sharp edge in my words. But I dislike this person.
"Well, I may have been late..."
"At least say thank you. Now, what's the situation?"
Gilius-san and Coda glared at each other, and both the surrounding soldiers and the three knights stopped moving, creating a tense atmosphere. Everyone stood still, except that idiot Kamil, who seemed to be looking around nervously.
"Kamil, can you explain what's going on...? Please use words that I can understand."
Oh, Coda seemed really angry. His eyebrows were twitching.
"I-I don't know...! I didn't tell Gilius anything..."
"Oh? So you told someone else then?"
"I boasted to that idiot fourth brother! I told him how amazing Onii-sama's plot is, gugyaaah!"
Oh, I see, he punched him hard. I could hear a cracking sound. A couple of teeth flew out, that must hurt.
"I underestimated your idiocy... That's the only miscalculation!"
Coda started kicking Kamil, who collapsed, in the stomach.
"S-Stop it... Geho! Onii-sama... geho, ugh!"
"It's all because of you! If you hadn't told that idiot fourth son! I could have killed the Hero! My plan! It was perfect! And this... This person!"
He kept kicking him in the stomach, over and over. Wouldn’t he die like this?
"Gueh! Geh! Gah..."
Oh dear, he's not moving anymore. He's probably not dead, right? Maybe he just fainted. he's coughing up a lot of blood, though.
"Haa, haa, haa... My perfect plan... It ended up like this...!"
"Are you done talking, Coda-sama?"
"Ah, yes. I'm sorry you had to witness such an unsightly scene, Gilius."
Their tone was polite, but their hostility towards each other was evident. Gilius-san was still carrying his big sword on his shoulder, and Coda's eyebrows are still twitching.
"Now, what will you do from here? If you still intend to kill the Hero, I won't stay silent either. Let me make myself clear."
Gilius-san emanated a killing intent, so strong and intense that it send shivers down my spine. The surrounding soldiers flinched and took a step back.
"Furthermore, if it were to be known that I and Ilyria had a confrontation here, the tension within the castle would explode. You would be the one to cut the thread and drop the curtain on the chaos, using your own hands."
"Ku...!"
"That's not what you want, right? Neither of us. I'm sure you, being wise, understand."
Impressive. He didn't back down an inch against Coda. This person wasn't just strong.
"For now, let's sheathe our swords. Withdraw your troops."
"...Hmph. From the beginning, my plan collapsed the moment you arrived. All units, disengage! Retreat!"
When the retreat order was given, the soldiers withdraw their spears and put away their staffs, dispersing the encirclement. The three knights also sheathed their swords and approached Coda.
"Zekuu, take that failure over there with you. I'll punish him thoroughly later."
"Ngh..."
The big guy from the trio lifted Kamil roughly and carried him on his shoulder. Was that alright? He's supposed to be the Tenth Prince, after all.
"...Gilius. I'll repay this favor soon. Tripled, that is."
"I look forward to it. The day will come."
Finally, they exchanged meaningful smiles. Gilius-san sheathed his large sword in its scabbard, and Coda and the soldiers walked away.
"...We're saved?"
It seemed like I was saved thanks to Gilius-san. If he hadn't come, I would've definitely died.
"Yes, Hero. You're safe now."
No, female knight, I didn't ask you. Sigh, now that I feel relieved, my whole body starts to ache. I'm falling apart every time I fight, aren't I?
***Read at novelworldtranslations.blogspot.com***
***Please check out ko-fi.com/kettle1!***
***In there you can support me and you can also get to read advance chapters!***
I heard most of the situation from Gilius-san. I was saved by the idiocy of the Fourth Prince. Which evoked a complicated feeling inside me.
"Hero, I'm glad you're unharmed. It's quite something to be surrounded by such a large number of soldiers and Coda's three knights."
I also received an explanation about the three knights. The small one was Leblanc, the medium-sized one was Til, and the big one was Zekuu. They're all experts, serving as the hands and feet of the weak Coda in battle, an elite force. It seemed that even Gilius-san would have a bit of a struggle if he were to face all three of them at once.
"I was on the brink of death..."
"Ilyria, isn't the Hero stronger than you by far?"
"T-That's not...! I've been training every day under Gilius-dono..."
"But I killed Tario. So I must have gotten somewhat stronger, don't you think?"
"What!? You defeated the First Prince...!?"
Oh, her name was Ilyria, right? She seemed incredibly surprised. It felt good.
"What? You really took care of Tario...?"
Gilius-san was also surprised. What's the big deal?
"...However, you're being too reckless. No matter how strong you are, jumping into an enemy's trap alone is too reckless."
"Ugh..."
"There will be a risk of assassination for you from now on. You should avoid acting alone. Always be with someone you can trust. Understand?"
"Yes, I've learned my lesson..."
I was scolded. Even the leader told me the same thing. The power of numbers was terrifying. I truly regretted my actions this time.
"However, the killing of Tario is undoubtedly good news. So, the mission to rescue Noah was successful, I assume..."
"No, Noah is..."
I hesitated a little as I'm about to say it. But, I had to inform Gilius-san first since it would be even harder to tell the leader. I gathered my courage and begin to speak. I told him everything about what happened in the frontline city.
"What... Noah was involved to that extent..."
It's indeed shocking. Gilius-san covered his face with one hand. It's like he couldn't find the right words to say.
"...Um, what about his wife?"
The other reason why Cain betrayed us, his wife. She was made one of Brutogyu's wives and should be somewhere in the royal palace. I wondered if Gilius-san knows about her.
"Hero, you're a courageous person. I couldn't tell Balge or Cain. From three years ago until today..."
"What...?"
"Cain's wife had disappeared. It's been three years already..."
"What...? She's missing...!?"
"I don't know what happened to her, where she disappeared. But most likely..."
"That's... That's just too much! I made a promise with Cain!!"
Without thinking, I grabbed Gilius-san's collar. But I quickly regain my composure and let go.
"...I'm sorry."
Blaming this person wouldn't change anything. He didn't know that Cain was betraying us, so not informing him was probably an act of kindness.
"No, it's alright. No matter what you say or if you blame me, it won't change anything."
That's not it. The one I directed my anger towards was not to him, it's Brutogyu. He messed up so many lives and was still living comfortably in the royal palace. He dared to keep his heart beating so arrogantly.
I could never forgive him. Even knowing that Cain’s wife was missing and his daughter was completely under Tario's control, he still deceived Cain and trampled over his feelings.
"...Hey, Gilius-san."
We couldn't let that Brutogyu bastard live for another day.
"When will we launch the rebellion?"
The sooner, the better. The day of his death should come as soon as possible.
[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

Damn cain died for nothing😭💔
ReplyDelete