The Tale of the Teapot Hero’s Revenge Chapter 45 - Before the violence of numbers



[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

 

Chapter 45 - Before the violence of numbers

 

On second thought, this situation was pretty bad. Soldiers holding spears were surrounding me and behind them, mage soldiers were protecting them. I was injured in my right shoulder and back, and the two trash I wanted to kill are being protected by soldiers outside the encirclement.

"No matter how much they bark, it sounds empty and futile. Let me make it clear, you're already done for."

Say what you want. I would not give up. Compared to the despair I felt on that day, this was nothing.

"Don't decide on your own. Whether I'm done for or not is for me to decide."

"If you just give up, I won’t have to make unnecessary sacrifices. Well, it can't be helped. Go ahead and put up a futile resistance."

I gripped the swordbreaker in my unhurt left hand and stood up. Now, realistically, how can I overcome this? I couldn't expect Joanna to come to my aid. She's from Paradis, and she'd prioritize Beato's safety.

(I have to do my best alone.)

When Coda raises the fan in his right hand, the atmosphere of the place changed. The spear soldiers all simultaneously aimed their spearheads at me.

"Attack!"

As it swung down, the assault of the spear-wielding bastards began. I guess it's impossible for all of them to attack me at once. Only eight of them charged at the same time, but don't think you can kill me with this level of attack.

With coordinated movements, thrusts come from all eight directions. They were so in sync with each other that I could read their timing perfectly. I jumped up as they thrust, leaping over their heads and landing behind them, intending to take them down one by one from behind—

"Guh!"

No, I couldn't. The moment I landed, a flame magic came flying from the side and hit me. It's hot, it hurt, and my clothes were charred, damn it!

As I was blown away and rolling on the ground, they continued to pursue me. Fireballs, wind blades, and clumps of earth flew towards me. They're not giving me any chance to use magic. They know I had a weapon; it's infuriating how clever they were.

"You think I'll let you do as you please!"

While avoiding and dodging through the gaps, I lightly touched the leather bag hanging from my waist with my fingertips. It's filled to the brim with water. I heated up the contents and then removed the cap, suspending just the necessary amount in mid-air. There were eight drops water, each about the size of a cherry.

"Go!"

As I dodged their attacks, I sent one to each of the eight spear soldiers. It's enough to kill eight human beings. I'll show them the trump card that defeated Tario.

"Gaboh!"

"Higah!?"

I manipulated the small boiling water balls, sending them into their nostrils and even deeper. Unfortunately, this was tiring. Tario's words about twenty being the limit made sense.

Thinking back, Kenny-jii-san said that the nose is connected to the brain. I didn't know if I successfully sent it to the brain, but all eight of them were clutching their heads, screaming and writhing in agony. As an attack, I considered it a success.

"Now, onto the next—"

Swoosh!

A wind blade sliced through my leather bag filled with water. The contents seep into the ground, and my biggest weapon was lost.

"You let your guard down, Hero-kun?"

"Damn it...!"

I killed eight with scalding water, but only eight. There were still around fifty of them!

"They’re just small fries...!"

"Don't underestimate small fries. Unless you possess an extraordinary power, you are powerless against sheer numbers."

Ah, Leader said something similar, didn't he? It's the truth. Even so, I wouldn't give up—

"Also, when did I say I brought only small fries with me?"

Three knights jumped out from within the encirclement. No way, they're all wielding their weapons...!

"Let me introduce them. They are my personal knights, each one an elite not to be outdone."

A small man with an imp-like face took the lead and slashed at me. As I dodged sideways, Renki extended from his sword like a tentacle and tangled with my leg. I was dragged along and thrown to the ground.

"Now, Zeku! Crush her!"

"Nuuh...!"

Next, a large man in full armor swung a huge sword at me. I rolled, narrowly avoiding the direct hit, but the impact of being slammed onto the ground sent me flying. What's with their coordination...!

"This thing on my the legs is in the way!!"

I cut through it with my swordbreaker. If it can be touched, it means it has substance, which means physical attacks should work.

"Do you have time to worry about your legs?"

"Guuh...!"

Even in the midst of being blown away, one of them had maneuvered behind me. He's of average height, with a hairstyle resembling a helmet. His arms and legs were wrapped in Renki, probably enhancing physical abilities. That's why they could move so fast—

"Gagiiii!"

I managed to react somehow. While turning around, I blocked the slash with the tip of the swordbreaker. But the recoil sent me flying in the opposite direction again. As soon as I landed, a concentrated magical barrage was unleashed at Coda's signal.

"No time to rest..."

"No reason to give you any."

This was bad, bad, bad. A small guy, a big guy, and a medium-sized guy. Three knights with a large number of small fries surrounding me, and Coda's commands are perfect. It was his name, right? He's completely different from the Tenth Prince.

Avoiding the magic and physical attacks were impossible. As a result, my whole body was now covered in wounds. It hurt and I was tired, maybe it's over.

...No, I won't give up! If I give up, it will indeed be over. I won't let it end here!

"So, you're still not breaking, huh? Fine. Leblanc, Zekuu, Til. Finish her."

Following Coda's command, the medium-sized one charged in first. Fast, if I were not injured, but now, in my tattered state...

Ggghhhh!

I managed to stop the initial attack somehow. But...!

"Now, it's over, Hero-kun! Let's dance the last dance together, Til!"

"You're also one of those creepy types...!"

One after another, I was forced into a defensive position against their slashes. I couldn't move from where I stood, and could only continue to endure with the blade.

"Hehe, you're wide open!"

That's why, I easily get entangled in a rope wrapped around my legs. It's the work of the small guy who got behind me.

"Nice, Leblanc. Now, it's time for the finale."

In the midst of the exchange, I take a Renki reinforced knee strike directly to my abdomen.

"Kah...!"

It felt like everything in my stomach is flying out, and I actually spit out a lot of blood. It hurt so much. It hurt to the point where I couldn't even lose consciousness from the pain. With that attack, my body was sent flying into the air, and the Renki-rope on my legs pulled taut.

"Zeku, I'll give you the finishing blow!"

The small man swung his sword, and my body was pulled. I was dropped towards the big man.

"Nuu...m"

The hulking figure enhanced his sword with Renki, increasing its cutting power.

Not yet, I won't give up. I'll use my sword to cut the rope—damn it, it won't cut. Is it stronger than before, or did I take too much damage?

In this situation, it's do or die. I'd intercept that hulking figure's attack. There's a higher chance of my body being severed, but there's no other choice. My body was falling. The big man swings his sword, and I take a defensive stance.

Swhing!

"Huh—?"

That wasn't the sound of my body being severed. The rope was cut, and I'm sent flying in the opposite direction. Who cut it?

"That person is..."

The one who cut it is a big, burly knight wearing silver armor. Despite being quite tall, he jumps effortlessly, swinging a massive sword that's about the same height as him. He lands lightly, as if he doesn't feel its weight.

"Gilius...san?"

I adjusted my posture, preparing land.

"We made it in time, it seems..."

There's no mistake, it's Gilius-san. After loosening his expression as he looks at me, he immediately turns towards Coda and the others.

"Gilius...! Why are you here..."

"Well? You there, idiot—sorry. Please ask Kamil-sama."

 

***Read at novelworldtranslations.blogspot.com***

***Please check out ko-fi.com/kettle1!***

***In there you can support me and you can also get to read advance chapters!***


[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

Comments

  1. Ooh. Gilius is here. Does that mean he's in open revolt against the king? Or will killing everyone here prevent that news from getting out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest, Kyrie really needs someone to watch her back in a fight or to learn more magic for crowd control. She is brutal in a 1v1 but doesn't have an arsenal for when outnumbered by coordinated enemies.

    That aside, thanks for the chapter TL!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment