The Tale of the Teapot Hero’s Revenge Chapter 44 - Beyond the trap



[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

 

Chapter 44 - Beyond the trap

 

"Come on, Gilius-sama is waiting for you. Please come with us..."

This person stinks. It's not that they smell bad, but they just give off a suspicious vibe. They're small, thin, and didn't give off the impression of a trained knight. Their smile also felt fake.

"Joanna, what shou—"

"Kyrie-chan, it seems like I dropped something. I'll go back and look for it, so take care."

Wha-what, all of a sudden? What's Joanna planning with this sudden move? I was confused, but I quickly understood. She quietly whispered in my ear while pulling Beato away from me.

"...It's the Tenth Prince, Kamil. Be careful."

...Ah, I see. Understood, Joanna. What I needed to do from now on.

"Well then, please take care of Gilius-san. Beato-chan, Mel-chan, please help me."

Joanna was from Paladis, her duty was to protect Beato. This suggestion was probably to keep Beato away from danger.

"...? ...??"

"Um? Um, understood. Kyrie-neesan, see you later."

"Yeah, see you later."

Beato and Mel-chan seemed a bit confused, but they obediently follow Joanna. The knights didn't make any move to chase after the three who were heading back towards the mountains. Well, it would be bad if they chase after them here and reveal their identities. Even though they're already exposed.

(...But still, how lousy.)

There were so many better ways to do this. If Gilius-san had something to do, why isn't he here? Were all princes such idiots, or was it just this guy who's exceptionally dumb? I'd like to think it's the latter, even they’re my enemy.

"Oh my, has your companion left already?"

"I have business here, right? Hurry up and show me the way to Gilius-san."

It's all just a farce now. With a surprised expression, I was guided by Kamil, who looked suspiciously gleeful, and the knights, who were grinning, into the forest for some reason. Why were they grinning like that? Do they think they're going to have a good time?

So, they lead me deep into the forest, to a small clearing. Obviously, Gilius-san was not here. Now, what would happen next?

"Hey, where's Gilius-san? I don't see him."

For now, I'd pretend to be fooled. It seemed like it will make them drop their guard.

"Hehehe, too bad, Gilius isn't here! You are fated to fall into my trap and die! Attack!!"

Hey, hey, you're just letting them attack normally, huh? You should have surrounded me first or something. You should have hidden them in the bushes, and so on. There were so many other things... Ah, it's too bothersome to keep pointing it out.

"There are about thirty of them in total... To kill me now, you're one digit short!!"

These guys would only take one second per person. I drew my Sword Breaker and dived into the group of minions who mindlessly rushed at me. As expected, they couldn't keep up with my speed at all. They didn't even notice when I'm right beside them.

"...Haah."

I was a little irritated. I swung my sword with my left hand and lightly touched the heads of some random guys with my right hand. In the next moment, the heads of three people fly off simultaneously and their bodies explode.

"Huh?"

I glared at the idiot who made a stupid voice behind the knights.

"Don't any of you idiots stop underestimating me. Got it?"

"Heh, h-hi..."

Just from that, his legs gave way, and he collapsed on the spot. Finally, the knights seemed to have noticed my strength. They all rushed at me at once, but they're slow and predictable. They had no coordination. With my current abilities, I could easily wipe them all out. It's a piece of cake.

Thirty seconds later, all the knights have become former knights. Half of them had had their heads severed, and the other half had exploded. A perfect end to match the two killing methods, with the same numbers. It's a great success.

...It's neither interesting nor anything special, though.

"Well then, time for punishment."

"N-no, please, stop, don't come..."

Don't make such a pitiful voice, it's disgusting.

"I guess there's no need for torture. Should I kill you?"

Was it Kamil? I approached the trembling trash and raise my sword.

...No, should I boil him slowly? Yes, let's do that. I sheathed my Sword Breaker and reached out my hand towards the trash's head.

"Now, the Mage Squad, release it."

--Eh.

That voice just now, what was it? When I turned around, a large number of fireballs, wind blades, and earth spears were flying towards me from behind. All of them were at chest height to avoid hitting this guy. If I ducked, I could dodge them.

"Damn it...!"

I tried to duck reflexively. But I was too late, and one fireball hit me directly in the back, while a spear pierced through my right shoulder.

I let my guard down; there were still other enemies.

"Ouch...!"

"H-Hiiii!! Coda-sama!!"

Huh? Who's Coda? Was he the guy who gave the attack order just now?

Soldiers with spears and staffs emerged from the bushes surrounding the clearing. Behind them were the mage soldiers. They spread out, blocking my escape route, and surrounded me in a circle. And in front of the trash Kamil, a long-haired man with a fan stood.

"Sorry for the delayed help, Kamil. Your makeshift plan was too interesting, so I got engrossed in watching."

"No way! I thought my plan was on par with Coda-sama's...!!"

"Hahaha, my little brother. You're truly a foolish, stupid, and cute one."

Little brother...? So this guy was also one of the princes.

Damn it, my shoulder hurts...

"Hello, Hero Kyrie. Nice to meet you. I am Coda Mariard Deltirard, the Second Prince."

"Oh, I see. You're just another piece of trash."

"Well, well, quite the greeting. Let me make it clear, though, I won't go down easily. Coda of knowledge and my strategies are renowned. I’m spoken of in the same breath as Talio of martial prowess. I'm on a different level than that fool over there."

...Indeed, I completely fell for this ploy. First of all, that idiot was a decoy from the beginning. Just bait to make me lower my guard. Maybe he didn't even have that intention himself.

At the moment when I thought I had won, an all-out attack from my blind spots when I was most off guard. It's splendid, and I was seriously injured as a result.

"...Oh, you're on the same level as Tario, huh. But I killed him, you know. The same fate awaits you, you'll be killed by me too."

"What...? Tario-sama, he's dead...?"

Oh, his expression changed. Was this the first time he heard of it? This was unexpected; maybe the news hadn't reached the capital yet.

"I see... I see..."

He looked down and started trembling. What, is he angry?

...Well, of course.

Even if he's trash, losing a close family member was still sad and infuriating, after all.

"Heh, hehehe... Hahahahaha... Ahahahahahaha!!!"

I thought so, but...

"Hahaha! This is great! The First Prince, Tario-sama, is dead. That means I will become the successor to Father!!"

Oh, it's different. This piece of garbage didn't have those emotions. Hearing his brother's death made him laugh with such glee, raising his arms towards the sky.

"Ahh, delightful, truly delightful! Thank you, Hero Kyrie. Not only did you get rid of the thorn in my side, but you're also contributing to my future. You're the best, the perfect stepping stone!"

"Shut up, you piece of shit!"

I wanted to boil his head right now.

...That's what I want.

But now, how can I get through this situation?

 

***Read at novelworldtranslations.blogspot.com***

***Please check out ko-fi.com/kettle1!***

***In there you can support me and you can also get to read advance chapters!***


[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

Comments

  1. So this'll be her first fight against more than one mage at a time. In her last battle she seemed to have learned to how to counter ice magic, but there'll be a lot more variation and coordination here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment