The Tale of the Teapot Hero’s Revenge Chapter 39 - Once my enemy is dead, I'm sure I'll be able to laugh



[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

 

Chapter 39 - Once my enemy is dead, I'm sure I'll be able to laugh

 

I struck down Tario's left wrist with the Sword Breaker as he screamed. Magic could only be cast from the fingertips or the tip of a staff. Now he couldn't use magic anymore, and he can't move either.

"Igiyaaaahhhh!!!"

Ignoring his disgusting screams, I glared at the approximately fifty soldiers.

"O-Oi... Tario-sama has been defeated...!"

"Tario-sama, who could fight on par with a Demon Race's general... he lost...!?"

They're quite shocked. They seemed to be wavering, unsure whether to flee or not.

"...Hey, all of you," taking a step forward, I raised my voice. The commotion subsided, and tension ran through the soldiers.

"Your commander is defeated, what will you do? Seek revenge? Sacrifice your lives for him?"

Honestly, this was a gamble. There's no way I could kill all fifty of them in my current battered state. But by pretending that I could easily wipe them out, I might be able to make them think that.

Because they knew Tario's strength and personality well, it should work. Tario was undoubtedly strong. But his personality was terrible, with little popularity, I was sure. There shouldn't be anyone who would risk their life and fight against someone much stronger than themselves for a guy like him.

"Well, what will you do? As for me, I'm fine. I'll chase after this guy no matter how many times."

"Hii...!"

When I glared at them, a short scream rose.

"Everyone, retreat for now!"

Well, they're not planning on coming back, are they? Anyway, the soldiers fled.

...Honestly, even if they attacked, I might be able down more than half of them. Even if I couldn't move much, I could still attack with the scalding water infused with magic. You soldiers made the right choice.

"W-Wait! Are you leaving me behind?! I am the Seventh Wife, what about me?!"

Oh, there's someone left behind. A woman sitting flat on the ground, wearing a gorgeous dress. Maybe her legs gave out and she couldn't stand.

...Ah, Joanna ran over and caught her. Meanwhile, Mel-chan and Beato were running towards me.

"...! ...!"

"Onee-san!"

Beato rushed over to support me as I wavered and almost fell.

"H-Hey... It's not good, blood will stain your clothes..."

"....!"

She shook her head vigorously, was she saying she should support me? If that’s the case, I was grateful to her. And as for Mel-chan, tears were falling from her eyes.

"Mel-chan, don't cry. Look, it's our enemy. Your family's enemy, crawling there so disgracefully."

"....Y-Yes."

Tario, completely incapacitated after losing both his hands and legs. His mouth moved up and down, suffering from the intense pain that didn't allow him to lose consciousness. How satisfying.

"Now, Mel-chan, you can vent all your resentment. I kept him alive just for that. You can crush his head with a rock or turn it into a beehive with stone bullets. You can even keep punching him until he dies—"

"Um, Onee-san. Thank you for avenging me... but I can't kill him."

"Why? There's no need to show any mercy to scum like him, right?"

If we didn't finish him off soon, he might die from severe bleeding, you know? This was your chance to satisfy your grudge.

"That's not it. I don't feel the slightest sympathy for him, and I want to kill him right now. But, Onee-san, you have the blessing of the hero, right?"

...Ah, right, Mel-chan was doing this for me. To let me absorb his strength after I killed him.

"In order for you to kill Brutogyu you must consume his life! So, I'll just take in your feelings. Thank you so much, Onee-san."

She bowed her head, and I couldn't refuse after she went this far.

"...I understand. Mel-chan, you're amazing."

If I were in the same position, could I make the same decision? I could definitely say it would be impossible. Mel-chan was incredible.

"Beato, sorry, but could you stay away for a moment?"

"...."

Beato, who had been hugging me since earlier, obediently stepped back. I wondered what she thought about me killing people. She hadn't stopped me or asked me to stop, so I didn't know.

"Aga... Ha... Haidaaiii...."

"Sorry for the wait, you piece of garbage. Are you prepared to die a gruesome death?"

"Hii... Gaaahhh... Iidaaiyoo..."

"Well, whatever. I don't want to hear your annoying voice anymore, so I'll cover your mouth."

Let's use him as a practice target for my newly discovered magic that could remotely control scalding water. I gathered the scattered hot water again and formed it into a large spherical shape. I see, it seemed I could freely change its shape as well. I could make it cube or a pyramid...

"...Alright, let's do this."

It could also take a slender shape. And with that form, I stuck it into Tario's mouth.

"Mmmboooooooo!!!"

It reached his stomach. I let it boil inside, and the area around his belly swelled as if it's about to burst, squirming and pulsating. Ugh, it's disgusting.

...Beato was turning her face away. I wondered why I didn't want to show this to her. Mel-chan, on the other hand, silently kept staring.

"Gobooooooo!!! Gabo, guboboboboboo..."

In the intense pain of being boiled directly in his mouth, esophagus, and stomach, he opened his eyes wide and mumbled incomprehensibly. I left space for him to breathe, from his nostrils to his windpipe. After all, suffocating to death was a pathetic way to die, not good enough for him.

"Gabo! Gabooooooo!!! Gabo, buboboo..."

Continuously being boiled inside his body, he shook his head several times, unable to make any audible screams, and in the end, he died.

"...Alright, it's over."

After enduring excruciating pain until death, tears and mucus flow out of him, creating a horribly contorted face with wide-open eyes and mouth. When I released control of the scalding water, it gushed out of Tario's mouth. At the same time, I felt an astonishing surge of power in my body.

"Mel-chan, how was it? Did you feel relieved seeing him die like that?"

Of course, it must be a relief. He's your family's enemy, right? It's definitely refreshing when they die.

"...Huff... Ugh..."

"Oh... Why are you crying?"

"I... I don't know... Suddenly, I remembered everyone in my family... Even though our enemy is dead, everyone, everyone is no longer here... Ahh, uwaahhhh..."

...I didn't really understand. I didn't know how Mel-chan feels right now. Because I was not her.

If I killed Brutogyu, I was sure I would feel relieved. When I kill him, I was sure I would finally be able to smile.

"Well done, Kyrie-chan. You were amazing."

Oh, when did Joanna come over? She was dragging Noah by the scruff of her neck, and her expensive dress was in tatters. Poor thing.

"Joanna, thank you for protecting Mel-chan. Are your wounds okay?"

"Thanks to Beato-chan, I'm perfectly fine. It doesn't hurt much anymore."

"That's good to hear. Now, about him..."

The Seventh Wife-sama's face turned pale as she watched her husband's gruesome death. She trembled at the sound of my voice. Did she think it's her turn next?

"H-Help... Don't... kill me..."

"I won't kill you."

"...Huh?"

Yes, I wouldn't kill her. Because if I killed her, she would go to the afterlife, right? Cain-san would find out about her, and that's not good.

"For now. I made a promise with Cain-san, after all. But it's just that I won't kill you."

I wouldn't kill her, but she would receive her punishment.

"Why don't you hurry back to Frejenta? Now that Tario is dead, I can't guarantee that you, as a mere concubine, will be recognized as a member of the royal family."

"Yes, as a concubine, especially as the Seventh Wife. If Tario is dead, you'll be kicked out of the palace and end up living on the streets at best. At worst, you'll be caught by slave traders. Either way, a living hell awaits you."

At the very least, she wouldn't be able to live a luxurious life. Killing her here would be a much heavier punishment for her.

"A-Ahh..."

"Well, go away from my sight."

"U-Uwaaaahhhhh!!!"

After showing a look of despair, Noah ran towards Fregenta, falling repeatedly, her expensive dress getting covered in sand and tatters.

"...Hey, are you really glad that you didn't kill her?"

"...If she weren't Cain-san's daughter, I would have killed her. That's all there is to it—"

Huh? Suddenly, my field of vision became wobbly. That's strange, and I couldn't stand anymore.

"Kyrie-chan!?"

"Onee-san!"

Ah, I guess this was my limit. The sensation in my body faded, and the scenery tilted diagonally.

"...!!!"

I felt like I was caught by something, but that's all I could comprehend. My consciousness fell into darkness.

 

***Read at novelworldtranslations.blogspot.com***

***Please check out ko-fi.com/kettle1!***

***In there you can support me and you can also get to read advance chapters!***


[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

Comments

  1. Damn, I feel so bad for Cain. He really didn't deserve this to be the result of his betrayal. Hopefully his wife will be appreciative. Although I do think they should've taken Noah with them; she should be judged by her father's compatriots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah man, I feel bad for Cain, kinda sad thinking about it.

      Delete

Post a Comment