[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]
Chapter 36 - First Prince Tario
"Joanna, please take care of Beato and Mel-chan. Protect them."
"What about you? Don't tell me you're going to charge in?"
"I am going to charge in."
"You'll die, you know?"
"I won't die. Not until I kill Brutogyu."
Beato, who came out of the tent, ran to Joanna's side. Make sure to protect them. I would send all of these guys straight to hell.
One step, two steps forward, I drew my Sword Breaker. The first time, this sword felt heavy, but ever since I defeated Cain-san, it's been as light as a feather. Thanks to him, I didn't feel like I'll lose now.
"Vanguard, attack!"
Following Tario's command, around twenty enemy soldiers rushed in. Not all of them? Did they think that that number was enough? Don't underestimate me. I also charged towards the enemy group and lightly touched the face of the guy at the front with my fingertips.
"Gyapaa!"
First one, his face exploded, an instant kill. The two behind him swung their swords simultaneously. Too slow. It's so slow it made me yawn.
I blocked the sword of the guy on the left with Sword Breaker and easily dodged the attack of the guy on the right. I twisted the sword entangled with my sword, snapped it, and then touch both of them with my fingertips. Their heads exploded together, goodbye.
"Come on, keep coming. Come get killed by me."
The three who took the lead were killed easily, completely terrifying the soldiers at the back. The elite guards, or whatever they were, were now hesitant.
"That's enough. Everyone, retreat."
...Why? Following Tario's orders, they halted their adcance and everyone withdrew to the entrance.
"...What do you have in mind?"
I had the perfect opportunity to kill them all.
"To be honest, I judged that our forces were insufficient to kill you. Even if we managed to kill you, my personal guards would suffer devastating losses. In such a case, even if we win, it would still be a losing battle, don't you think so?"
"In other words, you were worried about the soldiers. How kind of you."
"I’ll take it as a compliment."
He didn't even get the sarcasm.
"And another thing. I wanted to see your power with my own eyes. I couldn't believe it just from the reports. That someone dies just from your touch..."
I see. They sacrificed three people just to confirm my power. Oh, how kind of you indeed.
"It's clear now. I won't let you touch me. Not even a single finger. My sword and magic will bury you."
"...With that attitude, are you planning to fight me alone?"
"If I fight alongside my soldiers, there will be many casualties due to your and my attacks. This is the way with the least damage."
In other words, he's confident that he’d definitely defeat me. No matter how strong he was, wasn't that just overconfidence? But for me, it's convenient.
"Fine. Let's start quickly."
"Don't rush. It's a bit too narrow here to go wild. Let's go outside."
This damned Tario took the soldiers and Noah and actually lifted the siege at the entrance. Maybe he's confident that I wouldn't escape. That's true, but...
"Kyrie-chan, be careful. He uses ice magic and many sword techniques. He has no weaknesses, whether it's long-range or close-range."
"I understand. Joanna, please continue taking care of Beato and Mel-chan."
"Um, Kyrie-nee-san..."
Mel-chan looked up at me with a hopeful expression. He's the enemy of her family. I understood her feelings, I understood them painfully.
"Keep watching closely. I'll kill him."
"Yes...!"
I lightly stroked her head and then turned my back to her, igniting my killing intent towards Tario.
"...!"
Finally, Beato tugged at my sleeve, but I'm sorry, I couldn't look at her face right now. If I see her worried face, my anger, my hatred, and my killing intent might waver.
"It's okay, I'll be back."
With only that message, I started walking towards the entrance of the cave, still facing away.
Tario's soldiers were gathered quite far away. In the middle, Noah was being protected, probably to make sure she didn't get caught in the crossfire. And that damned Tario, he's the only one standing confidently alone. Joanna and the others watched our situation from the entrance of the cave.
"You're late, Hero Kyrie. I thought you would come to kill me like a rabid dog with your eyes bloodshot, but aren’t you surprisingly calm?"
"I have no intention of talking to you. I'm tired of waiting. Let's kill each other already."
"How barbaric."
Tario sighed and drew his knight's sword.
It's your country that's barbaric, don't mess with me. I gripped Sword Breaker in my left hand and we locked eyes for a moment.
The one who moved first was me. I closed the distance in one go, aiming for the pattern of breaking the sword and touching the face, the surefire plan.
"Do you really want to touch me that badly?"
Tario didn't move from his spot and turned his left palm towards me.
"Hailstorm."
Fist-sized balls of ice came flying in a blizzard. I rolled to the right to avoid them, and then tried to charge in again.
"I welcome being touched by a woman, but I can't fulfill that request of yours."
The blizzard changed shape and completely enclosed me. I was trapped inside a dome-shaped cage, with the blizzard swirling all around me.
"I'll take care of you without touching you. Shall I execute it?"
Tario flicked his finger and the blizzard, which had been revolving around me, changed direction and flew towards me all at once. This was bad. If this continued, I'd be torn to shreds...!
"Ugh, aaahhhhhhh!!!"
Chunks of ice crashed into my entire body. It hurts, it hurts so much. I screamed loudly to avoid losing consciousness, protecting only my head and heart, and somehow endured it. My body seemed to have become sturdier too. Even though I was covered in bruises and scratches, I was still holding up.
"I'm surprised you endured it."
Just when I thought the attack was over, he's already preparing the next one. This time, he raised his sword and swung it at me.
"Gaagggghhh...!"
I tried to block it with the tip of Sword Breaker, but he managed to evade it and struck where there were no jagged edges. Even that female knight was able to do it, so there's no way he couldn't.
"In the end, you're coming closer, aren't you...!"
"But you won't be able to touch me, you know? With your power, I can overpower you the moment you release one hand."
It's frustrating, but it's true that we're in a deadlock with both hands barely holding each other off. This guy's power was no joke...!
"And besides... I have another reason. I really want to see a battered maiden up close."
"...What did you just say?"
"I love seeing women when they're injured. When a flawless, soft skin is covered in wounds, and blood flows. When a beautiful complexion is struck, and ugly bruises appear. When violence and suffering break their spirits, and they cry out. I can't help but get excited by such scenes! ...Oh, but don't tell Noah about it. I keep it hidden from my wives. The only ones I do it to are the children of slaves."
What was he saying with that creepy face? I felt a chill, unrelated to the cold of winter.
"So, that girl over there..."
Was he talking about Mel-chan? I had a bad feeling.
His voice shouldn't reach all the way over there, right?
"When I saw her sister, whose name I've already forgotten, committing suicide, I was incredibly thrilled! Because, in the end, she chose death after I cornered her. It was irresistible, simply irresistible!"
"...!"
This garbage, what did he think of Mel-chan's sister's death and grief?
"That's why, I'll torment you and hurt you plenty before killing you. Ah... indulge me! Satisfy my desires with your death!!"
"Shut up, you psychopathic pervert."
I exerted all my strength in both hands and push him back as hard as I could. Perhaps thinking I would overpower him, Tario flied backward to create distance.
"I'll torture you in front of Mel-chan before I kill you. Be prepared."
"That's great. That face of yours. I really want to see that confident face become a mess of tears and snot!"
***Read at novelworldtranslations.blogspot.com***
***Please check out ko-fi.com/kettle1!***
***In there you can support me and you can also get to read advance chapters!***
[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

Thanks for the chapter!
ReplyDelete