[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]
Chapter 35 - The Seventh Wife
As I tried to leave the tent, Beato held my left hand. The pain in the palm of my stabbed hand was enveloped in warmth and subsided. Ah, she healed it for me.
"Thank you. Now I can fight to my heart's content."
Thanks to her, the wound completely closed up. I got a bit hot-headed and acted recklessly in defense, didn't I? The scene from back then flashed back, and I lost my composure. But it's okay now, I wouldn't do anything reckless.
With the Sword Breaker sheathed at my waist, I prepared to leave the tent when I saw two silhouettes. I motioned for Beato to step back and got into a defensive stance. Two men entered. They were dressed in light armor, soldiers at a glance.
"What...!?"
"This guy, his head...!"
Ahaha, they're flinching at the sight of the exposed skull. Their resolve seemed lacking. Since they flinched, I was able to grab both of their wrists holding the swords and boiled them without reservation. With a scream, their wrists, along with the swords, fell to the ground, leaving them defenseless. They're mine now.
"Crush them!"
I seized their faces with both hands and burst their brains.
"Beato, you shouldn't go out from here."
"..."
She nodded silently. Being in the same tent as a skull-exposed corpse seemed a bit uncomfortable for her, but she must endure it. Now, let's see how it is outside. I should also check the condition of the neighboring tent; Joanna and the others might be under attack. I widened the entrance and made sure no one was nearby before darting outside.
...Ugh, the situation was worse than I thought. There were about fifty soldiers surrounding the entrance of the cave. The three who entered the tent seemed to be mere scouts. And in front of the other tent, Joanna and the others were there, all safe, thankfully. There's blood on the short sword Joanna was holding, and the bodies of three soldiers lie nearby. The tent was collapsed, and Mel-chan seemed to be trembling. Noah-san was surprisingly calm, more than I expected.
"Joanna, explain!"
"As you can see! I have no idea what's going on either!"
I see, Joanna also had no idea. Then, I had no choice but to assess the situation myself. The enemy was clearly the soldiers of Frejenta, and they were not just a bunch of unmotivated fellows, but the cozy royal guards. I had no idea how they found this place, but we're definitely in a dire situation.
"You're the Hero, Kyrie, right?"
Huh? A pompous voice echoed in the cave. The soldiers blocking the entrance made way, and in the middle, a pompous guy walked over. He had red eyes, and his white hair was covering one eye. He wore a knight's sword at his waist and a lightweight metal armor.
"...Yes, but who are you?"
"I see. You seem to be different from the trash I heard about. My elite soldiers, twenty of them and my brother, were easily defeated by you, and the skill you displayed in killing just now..."
"Hey, who the hell are you asking for my name?"
"Truly impressive. I must revise the evaluation I had heard from my father."
Ah, this guy wasn't even listening to what people are saying.
...Huh? Evaluation from his father? Could it be...?
"What do you say? Will you join me now and aim to defeat the Demon Race together? You, the Hero, are equal to or even surpass the previous heroes in your accomplishments—"
"Shut up."
That's enough, I understand this person now. I was delighted that he came out before me so easily.
"Tario Tartarot Deltirad, right? Prepare yourself to be killed."
"...The answer is no. Too bad, I'll have to rely on the next Hero."
"There won't be a next one. I'll be the only Hero from now on, and this ridiculous war will soon come to an end."
"Come to an end? How? For what reason?"
"Your father, Brutogyu, will die. Once I end him, it will all be over."
"Hahaha, what an unfunny joke."
Now, let's end this conversation. I would kill this person quickly—
"By the way, Noah, how long are you going to keep that up? Come over here already."
"Yes, Tario-sama. The play is over, isn't it?"
...Wait. Just a moment. This was a joke, right? Noah-san was smiling as she stood up and walked towards Tario. The soldiers didn't lay a hand on her, and when she reached Tario, he embraced her...
"...Noah-san?"
"I'm sorry, Hero-san. Actually, I'm the one who informed them of your location."
She took out something small and black from the chest of her dress and showed it to me. I didn't understand what it was nor the situation.
"It's a transmitter powered by demonic energy that I obtained from the Demon Race."
"If I inject my magic power into this, they can know our location no matter where we are. It's an excellent item, isn't it?"
Why? Weren't you Cain-san's daughter? Weren't you forced into being his wife?
"You informed us about their infiltration. My seventh wife."
"Chichi-chan was smart, you know? I have to give her lots of delicious things later."
Chichi, the white bird that was in the room? Could it be that it was trained as a carrier pigeon? I see, it carried the letter to Tario in the royal palace. That flute sound, it was really the sound that alerted them to our infiltration.
"...Why? Isn't your homeland, Stige, important to you anymore? Cain-san... he sacrificed himself for you..."
"Homeland? Father? Can I make money with those?"
"W-what...?"
"Tario-sama showed me a different world. Beautiful jewels, dazzling dresses, and exquisite food. Things that a poor knight's daughter like me could never experience."
What was she saying? I had no idea what this woman was talking about.
"My father betrayed the Resistance and worked hard to die for my sake? I don't care about that. You thought I was unhappy and tried to help me without my asking for it. But I don't need your help. Because I'm the happiest when I'm by the side of this man, who is strong and beautiful and possesses everything in this world."
"That's enough, shut up!"
Right. So, that's how it was. Noah-san, who Cain-san wanted to help, was no longer here. My chest boiled with anger, and my clenched fist trembles.
"Hmph, shouting, huh? Tario-sama, let's finish that one off quickly and go home."
"Ah, yes, that's right. You step back behind me."
For what purpose did Cain-san betray and die? I wouldn't forgive her.
"Joanna, I'll kill Tario. Cover me."
"...Be careful, Kyrie-chan."
When I looked to the right, Joanna also had a slightly strained expression. She must have been shocked too. Mel-chan was also glaring at Tario and Noah with an intense expression. And maybe because of that, I could hear a voice. Beato stuck her head out of the tent and looked surprised, just as I expected.
"Tario is second only to Brutogyu in strength. Even now, you, Kyrie-chan, won't stand a chance if you fight him head-on. You're overwhelmingly outnumbered as well."
"...So?"
This cave, the space behind the tent, was a dead end. The only entrance and exit were blocked by fifty soldiers. I couldn't escape, but I didn't intend to.
"I won't die. No matter how strong he is, I'll win and survive, and I'll definitely have my revenge."
"...Well, well, you're reliable."
***Read at novelworldtranslations.blogspot.com***
***Please check out ko-fi.com/kettle1!***
***In there you can support me and you can also get to read advance chapters!***
[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

Well that fucking sucks. I mean, I'm not super surprised, although I was expecting her to be brainwashed or something. But Cain's wife is also still alive iirc, so I'd like to think she's not a sleazeball. As for Noah, I hope that Kyrie takes her back alive regardless. Let the rest of the people from Stige deal with her.
ReplyDelete