The Tale of the Teapot Hero’s Revenge Chapter 34 - I don't have kindness in me



[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

 

Chapter 34 - I don't have kindness in me

 

I wondered how far we ran after leaving the city of Frejenta. The city was already far beyond the horizon and couldn't be seen from our current location. I felt fine, but Beato was exhausted, and Mel-chan looked like she's about to die. And the trash we're dragging was now unconscious.

"We've distanced ourselves enough. Let's rest for today. Of course, in a place where we can't be seen from the main road."

"Y-Yeah... haa..."

"..."

The two of them looked at Joanna with an expression as if they were looking at a god. I found a cave in the wilderness off the road, and I went in first to make sure it was safe. After confirming that it wasn't a monster's nest, we settled to finally catch our breath.

"How about it? Are there any pursuers?"

"The view is good, so I can say for sure. There's no one coming."

In times like this, it's convenient to be in the wilderness. The enemy must have completely lost sight of us. I really wanted to kill Tario, but there's nothing we could do about it.

Beato and the others started preparing the tent in the back of the cave. As for me, I still wanted to torture this trash but I didn't want Beato to see it, so I went outside. Dragging the unconscious trash, we went far away from the cave.

"Hey, wake up."

I threw him to the ground and kicked his head.

"Ow, that hurts!"

"Good morning, are you awake now?"

While we were running, I heard his profile from Joanna. Lexa Maneldi Deltirad. He kept over 50 beautiful slaves that he received from Neil in his mansion. He's too cowardly to go to the battlefield, but he always bullies his subordinates, punishing or executing them for even the slightest mistake. No wonder he had no popularity among the 15,000 soldiers who abandoned him. In short, he's a nobody. A shallow piece of trash. There's nothing interesting about him; he's just another piece of garbage.

"You... You, I know who you are! The failure of a hero who can only boil water! Trash like you dares to...!"

"Stop your whimpering, trash!"

"Aaagghhhh!"

I made his wrists boil. Even though I told him to be quiet, he's making such a disgusting scream.

"Only answer the questions you're asked. Got it?"

"Uh... Y-Yes..."

Had his spirit already been broken? He's pale and nodding his head up and down.

"Okay, first question. How did you find our hideout?"

"I-I was instructed by my brother, Tario..."

"How did Tario find out?"

"I don't know, I don't know, I wasn't told anything!"

"Sigh, he didn't know anything. Joanna, this guy was useless. Is it okay to be done with him?"

I turned to Joanna for confirmation. I didn't know when she got behind me and started watching, but it's not a very good hobby, you know?

"Yes, let's just kill him. He won't tell us anything else, right?"

"N-No, please, don't kill me! I don't want to die, I don't want to die!"

He's crying miserably, but I couldn't help but think he's filthy. Instant death by brain explosion was a bit too lenient as a punishment. I touched his nose with my finger, just a gentle tap.

"Ah? Ah, over there, it hurts!"

From the tip of his nose, the skin started to burst and boil, spreading across his entire face. Not just on the surface, but also deep inside, reaching the brain eventually. Until then, he'd suffer plenty.

"Kyaaahhh! Please, stop! Help meee!"

"It's hot! It hurts! I can't see...!!"

"Aaaaaahhh! Aggghhh..."

Finally his body twitched one last time and then became motionless. The skin on his face burst open, exposing raw flesh. His eyeballs also burst with a splat, truly an interesting way to die. Ah, it's refreshing.

"Kyrie-chan, you..."

"What's the matter?"

"You were looking at him with such cold eyes... It gave me chills..."

"Is that so? I found it amusing."

"I thought you were becoming more humane lately. Well... it seems that's not the case."

We threw the trash off the cliff and returned to the cave with Joanna. Then, Beato noticed me and immediately ran over to me.

"..."

She tightly held both of my hands. Did she know what I was doing? Or maybe she was just worried because I fell silent? Either way, this child didn't say anything about what I do. She just stayed by my side, worrying about me.

"Beato was kind, unlike me."

"..."

She shook her head left and right, trembling. Is she trying to say, "That's not true, Kyrie is also kind"?

I was not sure if I'm being conceited, but I felt like I'm starting to understand a little bit of what Beato wanted to say. But really, it's really not true. I am not kind. Not kind at all.

Afterward, we took a short nap for a few hours and decided to set off at dawn. We set up two tents, Beato and I together, while Joanna and the others formed a group of three to sleep. We kept our regular clothes on, and just covered ourselves with blankets, so neither our bodies nor our minds got any rest.

 

***Read at novelworldtranslations.blogspot.com***

***Please check out ko-fi.com/kettle1!***

***In there you can support me and you can also get to read advance chapters!***

 

I dreamt. In the dream, Claire was smiling and playing hide-and-seek and snowball fights with me. It was a happy dream where I could sleep together with Beato. But suddenly, Claire's behavior changed.

"Get up right now, Nee-chan. Get out of here quickly and go back to where you were," she desperately urged me.

Because she was so desperate, I reluctantly broke free from the dream world. And then, when I opened my eyes, a stranger stood before me, pointing a double-edged sword at me.

"Ah... Ahhhh!!"

In an instant, my heart filled with murderous intent and a scream of anger burst out from me.

Again? Was it happening again? Don't mess with me. I held my hand up against the descending blade. My palm was cut, but I didn’t worry about that.

"Woah, what's this...?"

I got up immediately and grabbed the face of the trembling enemy, pouring my magical power into him as much as I could. No holding back, an overwhelming amount.

"Gobuh, bobaahhhh..."

His entire face boiled, flesh melting away, leaving only a skull. He died.

"Haah... Haa... Hah..."

Beato? Where’s Beato? She’s sleeping next to me but I am afraid to check. If this child had been killed, I... I...

"..."

"Haah... Haa..."

...My strength left my legs, and I fell to the ground. Beato's body, untouched by a single wound. No blood on the blanket she's lying on. She's peacefully breathing, just sleeping. Thank goodness, she's alive. Unlike that night, this time I made it in time...

"Beato, Beato, wake up."

"..."

I shook her lightly to wake her up. Beato rubbed her sleepy eyes and immediately woke up when she saw the dead body and the sword in the tent. She recognized that something was wrong and immediately started packing our belongings. Truly, she's clever, this child.

"Beato, stay inside the tent. I'll go check on Mel-chan and Joanna."

Damn it, not again. Our hiding place had been exposed. I had no idea how, but they were able to sneak in at night, intending to kill us all. But it wouldn't go like that. I'd turn the tables and kill them all.

 

[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

Comments