[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]
Chapter 33 - Not an easy end
The sound reverberated through the castle. Oh no, have we been found? Did we let our guard down too much!?
"Calm down, first. Stay still!"
That's right, first of all, we should calm down. At a time like this, level-headed Joanna was really reliable. While hiding in the bushes, we observed the situation. One guard suddenly emerged and started talking to another guard who came out later.
"Hey, what was that sound just now?"
"Sounded like a gathering whistle, probably from the palace."
"W-Well, should we go check it out...?"
"Hey, calm down first. You look pale."
"B-Because I was surprised..."
So, both of them ran towards the palace.
"...Doesn't that mean we've been discovered?"
"The sound came from the palace. It was mentioned as a gathering whistle. I think we can escape without worrying about it."
I was a bit surprised, but it seems unrelated. But still, the timing was too perfect. Afterward, we climbed over the wall, Joanna carried Noah-san on her back, and we crossed the moat using a rope. We took the back alley while being careful not to be followed and safely returned to Mel-chan's house without being noticed. It went surprisingly smoothly.
"Welcome back. You're back quite early..."
"Yeah, we were fast. Almost unbelievably fast."
No, no, it's too easy. This was very suspicious. I started to doubt if it's some kind of trap.
"Being fast is the most important thing. So, everyone, pack your belongings and prepare to leave. No need to stay longer once we're done."
"We're leaving now!?"
"Noah-san's disappearance might be noticed at any moment. It's better to leave the city quickly."
Speed was the most important thing, indeed. If Noah-san's abduction was discovered, they would likely search the entire city. If that happened, we'd be found quickly, and Beato and Mel-chan might be put in danger.
"Mel-chan, that's why. It's okay for Beato too, right?"
"......!"
"I wanted to visit my parents' graves, but there's no helping it."
Both of them seemed to understand. Alright, I also needed to pack my belongings...
*Screeeeeeeech!!*
Again! A high-pitched flute sound echoed. Beato opened her mouth wide, probably to scream. She couldn't make any sound though.
"Aaaahhhhhhhhhh!!?"
A loud scream came from Mel-chan. Me? I didn’t scream. I was not even surprised.
"Everyone, look outside!"
Noah-san pointed outside the window. What on earth was happening? Joanna made Noah-san crouch and she quietly peeked out of the window.
"...This is bad. The house is surrounded by about twenty people. They are all energetic soldiers from the castle."
"Why...? How did they find us...?"
We were cautious about being followed. We were absolutely sure no one was tailing us. This is absolutely impossible.
"We'll find the reason later! What should we do now?"
"...We need to survive first."
"Good. Let's start by analyzing the enemy's strength."
I made Beato and the others move to the back of the room. After that, Joanna and I peeked out of the window to check the enemies outside. As Joanna mentioned earlier, there were about twenty common soldiers. And there was one young man who seemed like a commander.
"Is that boss-like guy Tario by any chance?"
"Unfortunately, no. That's Lexa, the fifth prince. Just a scum dressed in authority."
"How strong are they?"
"They're as weak as garbage."
"I see. Twenty-one small fries. We should be able to handle them."
"Wow, you're reliable, Hero-sama."
"Well, yeah. With the lives of Cain-san and Rinkino, I've become quite strong."
I could feel it as a fact. I wouldn’t die unless at least around fifty small fries were gathered. ...Well, killing fifty small fries was still pushing me to my limits, though.
"But if we directly attack them, we might get injured. Joanna, let's pour water on them from the second floor."
"Do we need to heat it?"
"Cold water is fine. It's even better if it's cold."
Joanna quickly went upstairs with the water she had stored. After a while, there was a rattling sound as the window opened, and a large amount of water was splashed out.
Ahaha, they're flinching, they're flinching.
"What... what was that!?"
"It's just water, you idiots! Don't flinch!"
Nice assist, Joanna. Now, let's clean up quickly. I forcefully opened the front door and placed my hand on the wet ground.
"Boil!"
My magical power reached the water that wet the ground and soaked the enemy's bodies. I boiled it all at once!
"Ow, hot! So hot!"
"Ahh, it got in my eyes, even in my eyes!"
These guys underestimated me, or maybe they didn't even know I was here in the first place. Either way, it didn't matter. I would kill them all. I quickly touched the heads of the soldiers writhing in agony. One by one, the foot soldiers' brains exploded, and they died.
But still.
These guys have good complexion and they're not skinny at all. They must be eating good stuff since they're allowed into the palace. Apologize to the soldiers outside who died with a dead gaze.
At some point, additional water was poured down, so I boiled it again.
"Ahhhhh, it's hot, it's hot, why am I going through this, it's not fair!"
Now, there's only one pig left wearing a fancy costume. All the other soldiers had gone to the other world.
"Tario-nii, wasn't this supposed to be an easy job, just cleaning up the small fries!"
"Take this!"
Splash!!
I kicked the belly of the rolling scum bug while shouting.
"Blargh, bleh, bleeeeeh, cough, agh, aghhhhhh!"
He vomited, how disgusting.
That vomit was probably some really expensive and luxurious dish, right? Apologize to the soldiers who died outside while looking miserable.
"Hey, you. Are you Lexa?"
I grabbed his hair and pulled his upper body up.
"H-Hiiee! You, doing this to me, the fifth prince, my brother, my father won't stay silent!"
"I'll kill both your brother and your father, so it doesn't matter."
"What...?! W-Who are you...! This is unforgivable, I am someone important...!"
"What's so important about you?"
He smelled like vomit, so I washed his face by pressing it against the boiling water on the ground. His screams were so loud.
"Ahhhhhhh! Who are you, who are youuuu!"
"Nice to meet you, I'm Kyrie Minaret. I'm the hero that everyone on the front lines has been waiting for, or so to speak."
"The Hero?! You...!"
"Stop right there."
What the hell, why are you stopping me, Joanna? She's already carrying our belongings and Noah-san on her back.
"We don't have time to leisurely extract information here. Besides, if we take the fifth prince hostage, they won't dare to lay a finger on us even with their 15,000-strong encirclement."
Ah, that's right. The army that didn't seem motivated.
"So, let's go! Kyrie-chan, take him with you."
"Understood. Beato, Mel-chan, let's go."
The two of them also carried their belongings and rushed out of the house. I grabbed the prince's head and ran through the streets of Frejenta. We encountered squads led by other princes a few times along the way, but once we showed them the trash we were dragging along, they stopped attacking. He’s really helpful. And so, we surprisingly easily escaped from the city of Frejenta. The soldiers outside didn't seem motivated, or perhaps the commanders didn't intend to help the prince in the first place. This scum really had no popularity.
"We managed to escape... right?"
"Yes, now we just need to return to the capital."
It was really easy, almost anticlimactic.
Well, if it's easy, then it's fine. ...That's what I thought at that time. Until I learned the answer to why our hideout was easily discovered.
***Read at novelworldtranslations.blogspot.com***
***Please check out ko-fi.com/kettle1!***
***In there you can support me and you can also get to read advance chapters!***
[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

It's always so satisfying to read about her boiling people alive lmao. Just a wonderful thing. And them getting tracked definitely has to do with Noah-san.
ReplyDeletetrue
Delete