The Tale of the Teapot Hero’s Revenge Chapter 52 - Battle Preparations - Main Gate Plaza



[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]


 (Ko-fi Bonus Chapter. I release bonus chapter every 4 coffees.)

Let's all thank Speedanon for his/her generous support!


Chapter 52 - Battle Preparations - Main Gate Plaza

 

The castle had two main exits. The West Gate on the west side of the royal castle and the Main Gate on the south side. To the north, there flows the Alona River, and the east faces the former enemy country. So, we made an escape route on the west side.

The anti-king faction led by Gilius-san helt the west exit, while the resistance led by the leader held the south exit, and both attack teams cooperate to storm the castle. That seemed to be the general plan. I was the vanguard, leading the attack team. I would charge in and be the first to take Brutogyu's head.

"What... What was that voice just now? From inside the castle!"

"Idiot, get ready! They're coming—"

"It's too late now."

Before they could prepare their weapons, I charged into the enemy crowd and drew my Sword Breaker. As instructed by the leader, I wouldn't kill them. I swung my sword, knocking away their weapons one after another, and ran through to the opposite side.

"Uwaaah! W-What's going on!?"

They probably didn't see my movement. Amidst the confusion caused by their weapons being knocked away, the leader raised his voice.

"We are the resistance that stands against the tyrant King! That voice just now was the rallying cry of the anti-king faction led by Princess Pernelle and Knight Gilius!"

The guards fell silent, paying close attention.

"To put an end to the tyranny of the despot Brutogyu, we have risen up! And here, with the hero Kyrie!"

There were murmurs from the guards, and everyone's attention focused on me. It seemed that many of them just now realized I was behind them.

... Yes, I have the righteous cause. A symbol of the victims of Brutogyu's tyranny. In exchange for using me for their benefit, I would use them back. That was the deal.

"So, what will you do? Stand your ground and fight for Brutogyu! Aim your weapons at Princess Pernelle, Knight Gilius, and Hero Kyrie for Brutogyu's sake!"

"Ugh..."

"Hey, what are we going to do..."

"Facing the Hero... and even the strongest Knight Gilius..."

Their feelings were wavering. This was the final push.

"The decision is yours! If you want, you can discard your weapons, or you can fight here for Brutogyu. But, you've seen a glimpse of the strength of Hero Kyrie. If you fight, you will undoubtedly die a dog's death! Consider that carefully!"

I see, they made me charge in for that reason. Show my strength, make them recognize Gilius-san's strength and Princess Pernelle's popularity, and make them aware of Brutogyu's misdeeds. With this, it should be...

"... I won't fight."

"Me neither."

"Neither will I! I won't die for such a king!"

One person threw away their sword, and the guards follow suit one after another. Like this, Raid's plan worked. The force of about a thousand people had been rendered powerless, without a single drop of blood being spilled.

The disarmed soldiers were gathered in front of the main gate plaza and have decided to remain here with the leader.

The leader's task was to intercept the nobles and generals loyal to Brutogyu in the city to prevent us, who were attacking inside the castle, from being attacked from behind.

"Now, Kyrie-chan, the real show starts from here."

"I know. This is as far as we can go with a peaceful resolution."

Beyond this point, there were no ordinary soldiers with weak loyalty left. Those standing in our way were the prince's personal guard and the knights who didn't sway to the anti-king faction.

"Anyone who gets in our way will be cut down."

"Hey, hey, remember Brutogyu is the target, okay? Don't do anything reckless."

"I won't do anything reckless. I promised to return alive."

I glanced briefly in the direction of the city. How is Beato doing right now? I'd definitely return alive, so wait for me.

"A promise... huh. You've changed, Kyrie-chan. You used to avoid getting involved with anyone."

"What are you trying to say?"

It's different. All that mattered was the winged-hair ornament I entrusted to Beato. That's the only thing.

"Oops, don't give me that look."

"Sigh... Leader, don't do anything reckless either. Raid-san too."

"Of course. Neither I nor Balge have any intention of dying. Until we step on the soil of our homeland, that is."

The leader and Raid-san both have determined expressions. With this, there should be no unforeseen events. If necessary, about 200 members of the resistance and about 1,000 guards would come to our aid.

"Leader, the attack team are ready."

"Alright! Kyrie-chan, you lead them and go ahead! But seriously, don't go charging alone, okay?"

"I said I won't do anything reckless, stop repeating yourself."

Do you really not trust me that much?

"Alright, I'm going. Would it be alright if I bring back Brutogyu's skull as a souvenir?"

"It's usually the head, right?"

"It will melt away, so only the bones will remain."

"Haha, that makes sense!"

They seemed to find it amusing. After that, I was slapped on the back and sent off. The main gate was opened, and I lead the 100-member attack team into the royal castle. The only goal was the life Brutogyu.

 

***Read at novelworldtranslations.blogspot.com***

***Please check out ko-fi.com/kettle1!***

***In there you can support me and you can also get to read advance chapters!***

 

"Raise the signal flare!"

"Yes!"

After the rallying cry, Princess-sama gave the command. It's a signal flare to inform the outside resistance that preparations were complete.

The anti-king faction gathered here in the training ground consisted of Gilius-dono's Third Order Royal Guard and the Second Order Royal Guard. The Second Order Royal Guard was stationed to protect Princess-sama, while the Third Order Royal Guard would launch an attack on the royal castle. I was Princess-sama's personal guard, not belonging to either of those groups, but I volunteered to join the attack team.

"Ilyria, are you really okay with this? Joining the side that will confront them with us. Your duty should be to protect Princess Pernelle, right?"

"Co... confront them? No, Gilius-dono, I swore. I will be Princess-sama's sword and take down the king."

"... I see. Then I won't say anything more."

Gilius-dono, you're using words I didn't quite understand. Anyway, I am with Gilius-dono—

"Enemy attack, enemy attack!! The First Order Royal Guard is launching a full-on assault!!"

"What!?"

The enemy's movements were too fast! Even considering the time it took for them to respond to the signal flare, it's too quick!

"The First Order Royal Guard... they are already...! Could it be they anticipated our movements...?"

"Don't panic, it was expected. We were preparing so openly after all."

Among the royal guards, the First Order was the most loyal to the king and the only ones who didn't participate in the rebellion. Originally, the plan was for us and the resistance to attack the castle together. But if we don't move now, the resistance's attack team will be isolated among the enemy. What should we do at a time like this...? Despite the plan being disrupted so suddenly, why was Gilius-dono so composed...?

"... I'll stay here and hold them off together with the Second. Vice Captain Serge! I leave half of my subordinates to you. Lead them and storm the castle!"

"Yes, sir!"

As expected, this man makes quick decisions. I needed to learn from him too—

"And Ilyria, you go too."

Me too!?

 

***Read at novelworldtranslations.blogspot.com***

***Please check out ko-fi.com/kettle1!***

***In there you can support me and you can also get to read advance chapters!***

 

"Get out of the way, move!"

"Aah!"

"Haaghh!"

Leading the charge, I mercilessly took down the enemy knights' heads as we advanced through the castle. Next was the first floor, the dance hall. If we want to go to the second floor, this was the only route where a large group can pass through at once. It's a large hall with an open space connecting to the upper floor, so the enemies were sure to set up something here.

"...! Everyone, stop!"

Just as we could see the double doors, we heard the sound of many footsteps coming from the corridor leading west. We stopped and remained vigilant when—

"Hero-sama, you made it in time!"

"... Who are you?"

Appearing before us was the Third Order Royal Guard. But the person leading them wasn't Gilius-san, it's an unknown old man. Ilyria was also there, but well, whatever.

"I am Vice Captain Serge of the Third Order Royal Guard. Gilius-sama is engaged in a counteroffensive against the First Order Royal Guard, who attacked our main camp."

"I see, understood. We are counting on the knights."

"Hero-dono, I'm here too...?"

Shut up, stop asserting yourself. Sigh... not Gilius-san, but Ilyria, huh. Both strategically and personally, I didn't like it, but I couldn't afford to be picky now.

"Alright, I'll go with you then, Ilyria."

"Hero-dono, Serge-dono. I will lead the charge into the dance hall."

"I don't mind, but what about you, Hero-dono?"

"I'll go first, considering my strength."

"No, Hero-dono is the most important, both as a force and as a symbol. If you want to go to a dangerous place, I'll go too... first!"

What's up with her, she's so stubborn. A type that wouldn't budge from her own opinions, troublesome.

"... Alright, let's enter at the same time."

"At the same time!?"

"Yeah, at the same time. We can't afford to waste time, let's hurry."

If we take too much time, the enemy will have time to regroup. We needed to forcefully push through here.

"Everyone in the resistance, follow me!"

"Yes!"

"Knights, as for me, Ilyria Ulysses, though inexperienced, I will—"

"Let's just go!"

As I opened the doors, I kicked the butt of the guy who kept blabbering. Reluctantly, Ilyria started running, and I followed her into the dance hall. The knights and the resistance also followed from behind. Even if there's an enemy ambush, with this number—

"Magician squad, cast earth magic!"

Wait, that voice sounded familiar. The moment the two of us rushed into the hall, a large number of boulders came flying towards the entrance.

"This is bad, dodge!"

I shouted as I turned around, but everyone carried by the momentum couldn't stop. Many were crushed by the rushing boulders, further blocking the entrance. Among those who made it into the hall, there were only Ilyria and me, along with five members of the resistance and seven knights.

I think there were probably around ten casualties. The vice-captain was nowhere to be seen. Was he killed, or was he left outside?

"Our first move is a success—splitting them up."

The voice I heard reached my ears, and it was incredibly familiar. The command to attack earlier had the same voice. The owner of the voice stood at the entrance, commanding a large group of soldiers and overlooking us from the second floor. As I suspected, it was you, Second Prince Coda.

"Hey there, I'm glad to see you again, Hero Kyrie."

"I wanted to see you too. It's been bothering me that I wasn't able to kill you."

 

[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

Comments

  1. I'm very happy to support! Thank you for all your hard work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment