The Tale of the Teapot Hero’s Revenge Chapter 49 - Strah's true thoughts X The Oracle's invitation



[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

 

Chapter 49 - Strah's true thoughts X The Oracle's invitation

 

Certainly, she introduced herself as Princess Pernelle... Wait, was she the real one?

"Um, are you really Princess Pernelle? I mean, really?"

"Yes, I am truly Pernelle."

But the one living here was Belle, right? Something didn't add up, it's contradictory to what I heard.

"Ilyria said that the princess is always in the castle, right?"

"The one in the castle is a double."

Oops, the leader seemed in a bad mood. Was he shocked by Cain's family situation, or was he angry because I interrupted and the conversation isn't progressing?

"I feel sorry for Ilyria. Of course, she and everyone else did not know that I have been replaced by a double."

It's definitely a secret.

And now Gilius-san spoke up, "Among the people in the castle, only I and the princess's exclusive maid know. It's natural to be on high alert for assassinations in such a tense situation. This hideout's existence hasn't been noticed by them. It's the perfect place for Princess Pernelle."

"There was no guarantee that Kyrie-chan would return alive. Losing both our righteous cause would be the end of everything. It's an insurance policy for that."

I see, they were prepared for such a situation.

...So Ilyria had been unknowingly serving the fake princess every day. I couldn't help but feel a little sorry for her.

"Thank you, my doubts have been resolved. Sorry for interrupting the conversation."

"It's alright. Nice to meet you again, Hero."

Wow, she had such a gentle demeanor. Polite, beautiful, and her hair was so fluffy. She really gave off the vibe of a genuine princess.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I don't know how much I can achieve with my influence, but I will give it my all. To end the dark era of my father—no, of Brutogyu."

...Did this girl emerge from Brutogyu? It's like a miracle or something.

After the princess's declaration, we started discussing the detailed plans and such. It was complicated, and I couldn't quite understand them all, but there's one thing I understood. The rebellion would take place the day after tomorrow. Two days from now, it will be Brutogyu's death anniversary.

 

***Read at novelworldtranslations.blogspot.com***

***Please check out ko-fi.com/kettle1!***

***In there you can support me and you can also get to read advance chapters!***

 

After the strategy meeting, when I went out to the living room, Beato naturally jumped on me. To which, I just casually received her and patted her head.

"...♪"

She smiled happily.

...I wonder if I'd be able to smile like this girl when I kill Brutogyu.

"...Hmm, I see."

As I was thinking about it, Strah gave me a meaningful smile. I get irritated when people smile like that at me.

"What's up? If you have something to say, say it clearly."

"You seem to have become quite close. It seems like there have been many sweet events between you two this past month. I'd love to hear all the juicy details."

"Close? Nothing has changed."

Joanna and Strah, what's up with them? There’s nothing special between me and Beato.

"Instead of such trivial things, it's finally decided. The rebellion will take place in two days, it's finally happening."

"...I see."

"It's not 'I see,' you know? It's the long-awaited moment for the leader and the others, right? Strah, you really have no interest in the Resistance. Why?"

Strah looked genuinely surprised by my question. Did I say something strange?

"Well, whatever. Standing here and talking is pointless, let's sit down, shall we?"

I took her words as an invitation and sat at the table, and Beato naturally sat next to me while Strah sat across from me.

"So, why am I not interested in the Resistance?"

"It's curious. It's not just a lack of interest, you seem annoyed."

"Well, it's because I know nothing about my country. I can't desperately fight for a homeland I haven’t known."

...Stige was destroyed, about ten years ago, right? Strah was four years old at that time, and she didn't remember anything from that time.

"I've always felt a difference between me and my brothers. I've always wondered why they would be so desperate, willing to bet their lives. They fought, commanded soldiers, underwent training. Since I was little... I knew nothing about a homeland I've never seen!"

As Strah said that, her expression seemed lonely, angry, and conflicted.

"If my brothers want to do it, I won't interfere. But I don't know anything about my hometown. They can do whatever they want to reclaim Stige...!"

The table was hit with a thud, and Beato was startled.

"But you know, my brothers and my eldest brother keep trying to make me do things! They force me to learn how to fight! They trained me in commanding troops! Since I was little... always! I know nothing about that place, my unseen homeland!"

"Strah, please calm down..."

"I'm not cut out for it! It's not my thing! I just want to live a normal life! Do whatever you want with the Resistance!"

She raised her voice and took a deep breath. Mel-chan and Ilyria, who had just finished bathing, peeked into the living room, looking concerned. I wondered if the leaders in the basement heard her voice. Or maybe they already knew.

"...Sorry, I got too worked up. Anyway, I have no intention of joining the Resistance. If Kyrie wants to pursue their plan, you’re free to do so. I won't stop you or interfere. But I'll only do household chores, so keep that in mind."

She said what she wanted to say and headed towards the kitchen. I wondered if that was truly Strah's honest feelings. It also seemed like she wanted her two remaining family members to stop doing dangerous things.

If that's the case, there's no way she can be happy about the date being decided. There's no guarantee that the day after tomorrow, on Brutogyu's death anniversary, will be just about him.

 

***Read at novelworldtranslations.blogspot.com***

***Please check out ko-fi.com/kettle1!***

***In there you can support me and you can also get to read advance chapters!***

 

"What should I do, what should I do..."

As a minister and a close aide, I had served King Brutogyu for over thirty years. Now, I was facing the greatest crisis.

The anti-king factions within the castle were gaining momentum, and two out of the three elite knight orders had sided with Gilius. It's already too late. I should have stopped it, even if it meant risking my life, when the king made the decision to let things play out.

"Minister Gustav, you seem troubled..."

"...Hm, the Oracle, is it?"

A suspicious woman appeared. The oracle, Judas.

She was dispatched from Paladis about a year ago. She always wears a robe and a mask, never revealing her true face. Only a glimpse of her cream-colored wavy hair can be seen.

"Shall I divine the troubles weighing on your mind?"

"No need! More importantly, you've been absent from the castle for about a month during this critical time!"

"I see you're quite angry. Your troubles, they are none other than the crisis of the kingdom's destruction."

"...Don't speak so openly. You never know who might be listening."

The king's defeat was as clear as day. But even though we knew, no one could say anything. If I were to speak up, I would be executed as well.

"Do you intend to share the fate of the foolish king?"

"Don't speak so recklessly, you charlatan!!"

"It would be foolish, wouldn't it? He can't come up with strategies on his own, he lack political talent, and all he can do is fight. He’s nothing more than a foot soldier."

"He has come up with strategies! The plan to attack the hero's village was devised by the king—"

"Can that foolish king truly come up with plans on his own?"

"What...?"

The arson attack on the hero's village, which caused all of this. Could it be that it was thought up by—?

"You... from the beginning, you intended for it to turn out like this!"

"I never expected this. The king wanted to eliminate the hero, so he came to me for advice. I simply provided him with a few ideas based on his intentions. That incident was undoubtedly chosen and caused by Brutogyu's own will."

What was this person aiming for? What benefit was there in revealing such facts to me?

"You're making such a scary face... Well then, shall we get to the main point?"

Judas removed her robe, revealing her true face.

"Gustav Maximilian-sama. It is undoubtedly thanks to your achievements that the kingdom has survived under that foolish king. It would be a waste to let you die here. How about it? Will you abandon your king and come to our side?"

 

[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

Comments

  1. Considering that this story is like 200 chapters long, I don't really expect the rebellion against Brutogyu to be as easy as they think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't tell me .. it's Joanna?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment