[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]
Chapter 48 - Another housemate
We made our way through the back alleys and arrived at the back entrance of Raid-san's tool shop. We hadn't encountered anyone along the way, and according to Joanna, no one had been following us. If she said so, then we can feel relieved. Gilius-san lightly knocked on the back door and waited for a moment until Raid-san's voice came from inside.
"Customers, this is the back entrance, you know?"
"Apologies, we came from the east."
What's with this exchange? Was it like a password or something? There was a clicking sound as the lock opened, and Raid-san appeared.
"Welcome, Gilius-san... Oh, well, that's surprising. Was it the triumphant return of the Hero?"
"Raid, is Balge here?"
"He can't leave my shop, so of course he's here. Come in quickly. Before someone sees you."
With six people, we would certainly attract attention. We hurried inside and were led to the living space in the shop. Then Raid-san went to call the leader, and soon the Littner siblings appeared.
"Hey, Kyrie-chan! Was the mission a success?"
Ah, of course, that's the first thing the Leader asked. I thought I had to say it even though it's difficult, but Gilius-san tapped my shoulder.
"I'll tell them. Everything, including about his wife. It's my duty to tell the truth that I've been keeping to myself."
Gilius-san... I'm sorry, I burdened you with this unpleasant task.
"Balge, we've heard everything from Kyrie and the others. Let's talk in the basement, including our future plans."
"Uh, alright... What's wrong, Aniki? Something seems off."
Gilius-san took the leader and went down to the basement. It seemed like the leader also sensed that something was strange.
So, the one left behind was Strah. I felt like it's been a while since I last saw her face. For some reason, she looked grumpy right off the bat. Did we do something?
"Kyrie, welcome back."
"Yeah, I'm back safely."
"That's a relief. There's so much I want to talk about, but first... you girls smell!!"
"Do I... stink?! Me!?"
"......!?"
"I, a knight serving the princess, stink...?"
No, you definitely stink. You vomited, after all.
"You're still as harsh as ever. It's true that we went through the sewer, so we might smell a bit."
"Ew, disgusting!! Come take a bath right now! I'll wash your dirty clothes for you!"
She's like a nagging old lady or something. If I said that, she'd probably hit me with a hammer, so I absolutely wouldn't say it. At least she's like a mother, maybe, yeah.
Normally, hot water in a bath was heated in a kettle over time. But with my abilities, bathing in hot water became easy. I boiled about a third of the water and then kept adding cold well water. By the time the bathtub was full, the temperature was just right. This was the true power of the Bath-Boiling Hero, damn it.
With the bath ready, us girls who were certified as smelly head to the bath. Strah took our clothes while complaining.
"Stinks! It really stinks!"
Like that. But there's no need to bring your nose close to smell it. She then prepared fresh clothes for everyone, truly a mother material.
This house's bathroom wasn't that big, so Joanna said she'll go later and is still in the living room. She didn't smell at all, by the way.
But really, did we smell that much in such a short time? Maybe it's because of the dirt from the long journey, except for the puke girl.
"This is nice hot water, big sister. You're amazing."
Mel-chan praised me while her face melted in the hot water.
"That's good to hear."
I replied, but honestly, I feel quite conflicted.
"......"
While I was washing my head, Beato was rinsing my back. She hadn't even washed her own body yet. Even in times like this, she prioritizes me. I poured water over my head and shook it, splashing water, then turn to Beato.
"That's enough for the back. I'll take care of the rest myself."
"......"
Why did he look disappointed? Now that I thought about it, it's my first time taking a bath together with Beato. I now noticed that her previously skinny body had filled out nicely, which was great. Well, her chest remained the same, but her stomach was still thin.
"......"
She blushed when I stared at her. But she doesn't try to hide it.
"Sorry, please get a towel."
Why was my face also getting hot? I averted my gaze, accepted the towel she handed me, and started washing the front of my body. It seemed like Beato also started washing her own body.
"Hero-dono, may I have a moment?"
"No, you may not."
Ah, come to think of it, this gal also got in the bath with us. She came so familiarly close to me, but I don't want any intimate moments with you, you know?
"Is that so? You’re just washing your body, you know!"
Shut up. I said I don't want to talk to you.
"Sigh... So, what is it?"
"Could you soften your attitude a bit? We may have fought once, but now we're on the same side. I believe we should deepen our friendship and be able to coordinate when the time comes."
"...Since we're at it, let me make it clear."
This gal was probably the type who won't understand unless I'm clear. She seemed stubborn and unyielding, the type I truly dislike, believing she's always right.
"I dislike you. I have no intention of getting along with you. If you want to fight together, go ahead and do it. I'll just ignore you."
"What...! That's a bit too..."
"By the way, is it okay for you to be here? You're the princess's knight, right? If you leave her alone in the castle, she might get assassinated or something."
"...There's no problem. Princess is indeed at the castle, but a few knights from the anti-king faction are guarding her together."
Ah, she got a little annoyed. Maybe she doesn't like it that there were others besides herself protecting the princess.
"That's fine then. But if anything happens to your princess, the leader and the others will be in trouble too."
After finishing washing my body, I rinsed off the foam and quickly walked towards the bathtub, so that I wouldn’t be next to Ilyria more than neccessary.
Mel-chan got into the bathtub as a replacement.
"Onee-san, your body looks beautiful."
"If it weren't for Beato, I would undoubtedly be covered in scars."
As I passed by, my body was inspected, and that comment was left behind. Indeed, thanks to Beat's healing magic, there wasn't a single scar on my body. Every time I fought and got beaten up, her meticulous treatment was always there for me.
"And you have quite a thing... When we first met, I thought you were a guy..."
"...Hey, where are you looking?"
No comment on that side. As expected, when I got into the hot water, Beato naturally came next to me. Seriously, this kid always sticks to me.
***Read at novelworldtranslations.blogspot.com***
***Please check out ko-fi.com/kettle1!***
***In there you can support me and you can also get to read advance chapters!***
I left Ilyria and Mel-chan behind and got out of the bath with Beato, and there was an unfamiliar girl in the living room. A girl with blonde hair tied up in a bun and wearing a headband.
She was talking normally with Joanna, and they seemed to get along really well, but I was a little surprised.
"...Hey, Joanna. Who's that girl?"
"Belle-chan. She said she's living in this house."
"Oh, I see."
"Nice to meet you, I'm Belle. You're Hero-sama, right?"
Blonde hair, eyes of a blue color. She looked like an ordinary town girl, but her being here meant something.
"Yeah, I'm Kyrie. I'm supposed to be the Hero. ...Hey, Joanna, is she also with 'them'?"
"Yes, she's on our side. So don't worry."
I couldn't quite understand, but it seemed like this girl is also on the Resistance side. Beato and Belle shook hands with smiles on their faces.
"...Kyrie-chan, are you done with the bath?"
"Leader... Yeah, I'm done."
He must have heard about Noah and his wife from Gilius-san based from the sad expression on his face.
"Then come quickly. We've decided to plan together. Joanna, and also Belle-chan. Please come with us."
Oh, what's going on? Belle was also called along.
Beato stayed in the living room, and the rest of us went to the basement meeting room, while I was wondering why Joanna didn't smell. But well, it didn't matter now. Those participating in the meeting were me, the Leader, Gilius-san, Raid-san, Joanna, and, for some reason, Belle, making a total of six people.
"Now then, let's make our plan. But before that, let's hear a word from this person here."
"Yes, please."
Who really was this person? As I tilted my head, Belle stood up and let her hair down from the bun. Her hair was incredibly silky, and looking at her again, she's a really beautiful girl.
"First, let me introduce myself. I am Pernelle Pertrant Deltirad, the second princess of this country."
...Wait, hold on a moment. Wasn't the princess supposed to be in the castle...?
[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

I still feel so bad for Cain. I really really hope his wife is still alive. And honestly I hope that they get Noah back eventually. She's scum, but still...
ReplyDeletewait .. does does her personal knight know that she's here ? she's taking a bath
ReplyDelete