The Tale of the Teapot Hero’s Revenge Chapter 47 - Why does my chest ache?



[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

 

Chapter 47 - Why does my chest ache?

 

"The date for the rebellion... has not been decided yet."

Oh, really? It's been a month already, hasn't it? Could it be that the plan was starting to go awry...?

"Balge and I agreed that we’ll decided when you return."

I see, so we'd be planning it from now on. They waited for me, believing that I would return safely?

"However, the preparations are almost complete. We can proceed at any time."

"Anytime, huh? Alright, then how about tomorrow—"

"With caution! Let's discuss it and decide."

"Yes..."

I got scolded again. Joanna always says that my murderous intent is too strong, but it seems like it slipped out again...

"Oh, and Gilius-san, there's one thing I'd like to ask."

It's been bothering me since earlier.

"Hero-sama's personal request… If it's within my capabilities..."

"That's it. I want you to stop using honorifics. And also, the term Hero."

Gilius-san looked incredibly surprised. Was my request that strange?

"You're much older than me, Gilius-san, and I'm just a village girl, nothing special. Besides, I don't have a good impression of the word 'Hero'..."

Actually, I dislike it. My life had been turned upside down because of this title. And Enpyreus, why did he choose me? I had absolutely no idea what that gods was thinking.

"So, just treat me normally."

Oh, he looked a bit troubled. He thought for a moment and then let out a light sigh. Seemed like he's resigned.

"...Alright, understood. Nice to meet you, Kyrie."

"Yeah. Nice to meet you again, Gilius-san."

I took his outstretched hand and shook it. It's big. The hand of this rugged knight was large.

"Well then, Hero-dono. I'll call you Kyrie—"

"Don't call me that, too famIlyriar."

"Wha... From earlier, you've been too prickly! As comrades aiming to overthrow the royal family, we should deepen our friendship more—"

"Shut up. I have no intention of getting along with you."

Who does this guy think she is? I hadn't forgotten the annoying nonsense he spat at me before.

"Hahaha, this is quite...! You're really not liked at all, Ilyria."

"Don't laugh!"

Why did Gilius-san bring someone like her along? ...Ah, maybe it's because Princess Pernelle joined the rebellion. I think this guy was her knight, or something. As I was thinking about that...

"Kyrie-chan! I'm glad you're safe!"

Joanna came over. Beato and Mel-chan were with her too.

"As you can see, I'm somehow safe."

Though I was all beaten up again. ...Ah, as soon as she noticed my injuries, Beato came running with incredible speed.

"...! ...!"

She hugged me and started crying, oh, she's crying so hard. Why was it that when I see Beato crying, my chest ache so much? I shouldn't have any injuries.

While I'm being treated by Beato, I explained what happened here. Also, Gilius-san told us about the events in the capital for the past month and we shared the details of our journey with him. Sharing information was important, after all.

"I must say, I was surprised. As soon as Kyrie-chan was taken away, a whole horde of people appeared."

"I was hiding around the place, keeping an eye on things under Joanna's orders."

"And leading them is Coda, known for his sharpness. Honestly, I thought Kyrie-chan had been killed. It was my misjudgment."

"......."

Hey, Beato, stop it. Don't cry like that again.

"...I'm sorry for worrying you again. I always end up making Beato sad."

"...!"

She shook her head vigorously, saying that it's not true.  But it was true.

I wanted Beatoto smile. I didn't want to see her sad.

"...I don't want that. I don't want you to cry."

"...?"

I wiped away the tears from Beato's puzzled face with my finger.

"I don't want to make you cry, but I feel like I'll make you cry a lot in the future. I don't want that."

"...!"

Wait, why did you take out parchment and a pen from your bag? In a situation like this?

Swiftly moving the pen, "I don't mind! I wanted to be by Kyrie-san's side, so this is my selfishness. Even getting hurt is because of my selfishness. So please don't say you don't like it. Please do whatever you want, to your heart's content."

"...Is that okay? If you say something like that, I might become dependent. I'll recklessly throw myself into danger and end up hurting Beato. Are you okay with that?"

"It's fine. The only thing I can do is heal your injuries, so please make full use of it."

Just healing injuries... That's not true. It’s all thanks to Beato that I've been saved so much—wait a second!?

(No, no, hold on. What was I about to say? This sounds like Beato is a special existence to me. No, that's not it, I decided not to make her special...)

"...?"

As I shook my head, Beato looked at me curiously.

"...No, it's nothing. Thanks, Beato. Let's continue working together from now on."

I gave a safe response and pat her head. Alright, a perfect response. Beato smiled back at me happily, so it's all good.

...Hey, Joanna. That warm look in your eyes. No, that's not it, it's different.

"Now that Kyrie-chan and the others have returned from the other world..."

What other world? No, it's not like that, it's different.

"Onii-san, will you guide us to the hideout of the leader? Can you do that?"

"Fine. But with this many people, it's quite conspicuous. I'll lead you through the back streets. It's a bit rough, but can you handle it?"


***Read at novelworldtranslations.blogspot.com***

***Please check out ko-fi.com/kettle1!***

***In there you can support me and you can also get to read advance chapters!***


It was indeed rough, Gilius-san wasn't kidding.

There were two rivers around the capital. The northern Alona River and the southern Hinds River.

As indicated by the presence of fountains, the capital had a water supply system. In addition to well water, they also use water drawn from the Alona River for daily use. And the dirty water from toilets and other uses was drained into the sewer system underground, flowing into the southern Hinds River. Since the two rivers were not connected, the Alona River was clean and the Hinds River was extremely filthy.

I'd gone off track, but right now, we're in the sewer system of the capital. We entered from the point where it flowed into the Hinds River and silently made our way through. It's smelly, dark, and terrifying.

"My nose feels like it's bending..."

"...Ugh."

Mel-chan and Beato seemed to be having a hard time. Since there we’re walking on the pathway on the sides, the filthy water wouldn't stick to our clothes or shoes, but the smell might transfer.

"Ugh... Gilius-dono, is the exit still far... ugh, ugh..."

Stop it, Lady Knight. Don't vomit like that, it'll only make it worse.

"Just a bit more... We're approaching the eastern section, two more ahead."

The symbols carved on the walls seemed to indicate our current location. I have no idea how to read them, though.

"Alright, this is it, let's go up. Joanna first, then Mel-san and Beato-san."

I see, let Joanna, who could adapt quickly, go first, followed by Beato and Mel who seemed to be struggling.

"Um, uh! My turn is, ugh!..."

"You're last, endure it."

Well, it's only natural.

We climbed the ladder and crawled out of the manhole, ending up in a back alley of the eastern section. Haah, the air tasted so good! I didn't know that the air could be this delicious.

Beato and Mel-chan, who came up first, were exhausted. Joanna was the only one energetic, keeping an eye on our surroundings.

Finally, Gilius-san climbd up and closed the manhole cover. Fortunately, it seemed like no one saw us.

"Now, with this, we're just a little bit away from Balge."

"Ugh, ugh, ugh, ugh...!!"

"Whoa!"

Ilyria, was it? She finally started vomiting.


***Read at novelworldtranslations.blogspot.com***

***Please check out ko-fi.com/kettle1!***

***In there you can support me and you can also get to read advance chapters!***


Let's go back in time, three days after Kyrie and the others left Frejenta. At the far western frontlines, the battle against the demons had completely collapsed.

It was not a battle but a one-sided massacre. Not a single one of the 15,000 Kingdom soldiers or the demi-human soldiers, such as elves and beastmen, survived. Messengers were not even allowed to travel back to the capital to bring this news.

A group of barely a hundred soldiers walked, their backs against a mountain of corpses. They’re heading east, towards the rising sun. This catastrophic event, as of now, was still unknown to anyone.

 

[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

Comments

  1. Kyrie a little bit tsun about Beato, isn't she. I'm sure she'll work through her feelings eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh .. the paladis made their move

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment