[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]
Chapter 37 - Dance of Ice
The firstborn son of Brutogyu, a despicable scumbag to the point of being nauseating. If this guy inherits the throne, the kingdom is truly doomed. And not in a good way.
"Now then, you’re done looking at your wounds, shall I carve new scars on your skin?"
I didn't even have time to think how disgusting this guy was. Tario's figure blurred and the next moment he's right in front of me. With the utmost speed I could muster to react, I was able to dodge but barely, managing to avoid a direct hit, but the tip of his blade grazed my right arm, leaving a wound.
"Ouch..."
"That face of yours is delightful! Suffer more, hurt more!"
Was this guy serious or just playing around? He repeated the same sequence of attack again and again, and with each repetition, more red lines appeared on my arm. The wounds weren't very deep, but it's incredibly disturbing to see Tario looking so pleased.
"Cut it out, you freak!!"
In desperation, I swung my swordbreaker while spinning once, and Tario created distance. But that didn't mean the attack was over.
"Your current appearance is absolutely beautiful. Let's add more and more red to it."
Three ice blades appeared around him. Floating gently, their sharp tips pointed towards me.
"Homing Icicles."
Well, it was predictable that the icicles were coming straight at me. Their speed wasn't that great, so I twisted my body, crouched, and jumped to avoid them, evading all of them. They flew harmlessly behind me. But wait, he said they were homing icicles.
"...I knew it, damn it."
Just as I thought, when I turned around, the three icicles were reversing course with incredible speed.
"Now, let the dance begin."
So, you're just watching from your high perch, you bastard.
(Just dodging won't be enough. I have to destroy or melt them...!)
Ice could be melted into water, by boiling it. If I can touch it properly, that is.
First, I ran towards the leading icicle that's diving close to the ground. I jumped at the last moment to barely avoid it, and touched it with my fingertip while upside down in mid-air. Then, I deflected the second icicle that came rushing in with a flip of my sword breaker. Lastly, while landing, I slice the third icicle in half.
"With this—"
The icicle I touched was already melting and falling to the ground. All that's left was to deal with the deflected second icicle—.
Thud, thud!
"Gah...!?"
The icicle I thought I sliced in half impaled my right shoulder and left thigh. So destroying them was pointless. The magic didn't stop even if the icicles were shattered. Even if it turned into pieces, it might keep moving.
It hurt, but I couldn't afford to be in pain. I quickly touched the embedded ice, melting it while pulling it out. Blood pours out, but who cares. As long as I don't die, it's a small price to pay.
"This time, just one more—!"
By melting it with my power, the tracking would stop. I caught the icicle flying towards my face with my right hand.
"Melt!"
I channeled magic and turn it into hot water in an instant. Good, my right shoulder hurts like hell, but it's still functional. I could still fight.
"Well done, taking care of everything!"
Even after all of his icicles were melted, this guy remained unfazed. Well, of course, it's just one of many magic spells he had.
"Such a splendid way of getting injured again. To be honest, it's irresistible..."
He licked his lips creepily. He's really disgusting.
"Now, what's next...? What do you plan to do...? Haah, haah... I'll melt and crush everything..."
"Too bad, such a vulgar way of speaking for a young girl. That's the only thing that doesn't match my taste, a real shame."
"I heard enough... you bastard...!"
"Maybe I shouldn't have told you. Well then, shall we reach the final act soon?"
This time, an ice sword appeared in his left hand. The knight's sword was also covered in ice, Now, he had two ice blades. So, breaking his sword was useless, damn.
"It's the last dance. Decorate my ice beautifully with your fresh blood."
He smiled wickedly and closed the distance in an instant, and he followed with consecutive strikes from his left and right swords. I defended with my sword, desperately moving my body to avoid only the fatal blows. He's already fast to begin with, even faster than Rinkino, and the pain in my shoulder and leg was getting in the way. No, my whole body was in pain. It hurt, it hurt so much that it's infuriating.
"What kind of... You're spouting nothing but pretentious lines...!"
"Do you want to chat with me? Did you really think you had the composure and time for that?"
It's frustrating, but it's true. This guy was really here to settle the score. Attacking from the right, left, diagonally up, and spinning for a double strike. His dual sword attacks were too intense, and if I let my guard down even for a moment, I'd be done for.
(Damn it, I won't lose...! Brutogyu is stronger than this guy, right...? If I can't kill him, how am I supposed to kill the King...!)
No matter how strong I believed I was, our gap in strength cannot be bridged. While defending against the ice blades coming from the right, I failed to dodge the left sword and my left arm was deeply slashed. Pain surged through me, dulling my movements ever so slightly, and that slight delay could be fatal. While attempting to guard against the simultaneous attack of the two swords swinging down from above…
Clang!
I couldn't do it, and my sword was deflected.
"First..."
My sword spun around and impaled into the ground. Now, I was unarmed. In a vulnerable state, completely open with my posture thrown off, it's like I was asking for him to strike my heart.
"Now, it's the climax. Let me hear your beautiful death cry."
To be killed. It's the end. Right here. Without even being able to fight Brutogyu. Forgive me, Mother, Claire, everyone. I couldn't avenge you—.
"Rock Rush!"
"...Tch, in the middle of my enjoyment."
Numerous small stones flew towards Tario from the direction of the cave where Mel-chan and the others were. That's right, Mel-chan also wanted revenge. She wanted to kill this guy just as badly as I do.
"Tario, everyone’s enemy! Die, die, dieee!"
Mel-chan's magic carried anger, sadness, and various emotions. That child was firing while crying. But emotions alone wouldn't be enough. He cut down everything with his two swords, and not a single hit lands.
"...Haa, how annoying. Let me silence them first."
Tario created an icicle and launched it towards Mel-chan. What she did was enough to create an opening. Enduring the pain, I reached out my hand to that damn bastard, and then—
"Yu... hero... now, touch... me...!"
"I touched you. Just a little tap with my fingertip."
I somehow managed to touch Tario's right wrist. I poured my magic into it, causing it to boil.
"Ku, guuooohhhh!"
Snap!
"Ah...!"
I took a direct hit from a desperate backfist, and my face was sent flying. My body rolled on the ground. I probably now had a nosebleed. But it's over now. My power started spreading throughout his entire body. The skin on his wrist burst, exposing the flesh. His right hand melted, and along with the knight sword, his wrist fell off, and the boiling started climbing up his arm and towards his torso at an incredible speed.
As for Mel-chan... Good, Joanna protected her and she seemed unharmed. Beato was treating Joanna, who had an icicle stabbed in her shoulder. Mel-chan had collapsed face down and was crying.
"Damn it, damn it!! I won't die. I won't die until I obtain everything in this world!"
Slash!
...No, this couldn't be possible. This guy, without hesitation, cut off his own right arm with the ice sword in his left hand, before the boiling could reach it.
"Haaah, haaaah...!"
He wrapped the wound in ice to stop the bleeding, and the severed right arm melted away, leaving only bones. To think he could escape from my boiling... unbelievable.
"I underestimated you. I underestimated you... My right arm is the price... Ahh, it hurts. Tears are about to come out."
He's really crying, and it's disgusting! ...But with this, the enemy was one-armed, so his fighting power was halved. The next one would be the final showdown. I'd settle it.
***Read at novelworldtranslations.blogspot.com***
***Please check out ko-fi.com/kettle1!***
***In there you can support me and you can also get to read advance chapters!***
[Previous | Table of Contents | Next]

I wonder if she'll figure out that the air has ambient water in it. She could probably create a defense screen that immediately melts any of those ice attacks.
ReplyDelete